Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd provisional licence

• 09-11-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

My licence expired July 2012 and until now I've been unable to renew and apply for my full licence test as it's my 3 rd provisional licence I'm applying for. How long more do I have to apply for the test and Renew before I have to start over completely from scratch Nd redo the theory test and all these other tests and whatnot they recently brought in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I think you need to leave your license lapse 5 years before you have to start from scratch.

Im not 100% sure but I remember a thread here where the OP was advised to apply for the test regardless then send away the appointment information with his renewal form for his 3rd license.

He then was advised to cancel the test and when he got his 3rd license reapply for the test because you will be put onto the rota regardless so you will have to do your test at some point if you manage to get the third license.

I'm not 100% sure if that is up to date or not pehaps someone else can clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

My licence expired July 2012 and until now I've been unable to renew and apply for my full licence test as it's my 3 rd provisional licence I'm applying for. How long more do I have to apply for the test and Renew before I have to start over completely from scratch Nd redo the theory test and all these other tests and whatnot they recently brought in.

You need to apply for the test first, and then go with the confirmation of test booked to the new place for getting your licence (Not the motor tax office)
    http://www.ndls.ie/

If you are over 24, get the A unrestricted Learner permit.
    You will have to do ibt training, and then you can do your test on an unrestricted bike.

No theory test needed if you renew your permit before 5 calender years after the expiry of your previous permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

So I will have to do the IBT training thing anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

So I will have to do the IBT training thing anyway?

Yes

Yes.
    You could have escaped it if you done your test before the new rules came in on 19th jan this year.

• Advertisement

I guess I should have added before now I'm 30

Also without going into too much detail the last bike I had, a burgman 400 I had to sell due to financial problems at the time so I'm also in the market for a new machine

Seeing as I now have to do the ibt thing should I buy a machine and then do them or go the other way about it?

You can do the ibt on a school bike, so no need to get a bike.

Advertisement