Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO Annual Return B1 Online Attachments Question

Options
  • 09-11-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi All,

I would appreciate if anyone can help with this.

I am filling the B1 for the first time online which should make things easier but I am caught up on something I cannot find any answers to so I thought someone here would know the answer.

I have filled previous years with no problems but I cannot finish the online form without selecting which attachments will be sent.

For a straight forward unaudited AR with abridged accounts am I right in saying that I should click on the following only out of the list below?

1. Balance sheet S128 Companies Act....
    3. Note stating company has availed of exemptions in s17...

Balance Sheet S128 Companies Act 1963 (CA 63); S7 & S18 Companies (Amendment) Act 1986 (CAA 86)
    Profit and Loss Account S7 and S18 CAA 86
    Notes to the Accounts Schedule of CAA 86 (refer specifically to s12 for notes required in the case of small/medium sized businesses)
    Directors’ Report S128 CA 63; S7 & S18 CAA 86
    Auditor’s Report S128 CA 63; S7 & S18 CAA 86
    Special auditor’s report duly certified by a director and secretary to be a true copy of the report S128(6B) CA 63
    Overall Certification The Acts require that the balance sheet, profit and loss account, directors’ report and auditor’s report be
    certified by both director and secretary to be a true copy as laid or to be laid before the A.G.M. or sent to the sole member in
    accordance with the single member private limited company regulations. In the case of full accounts, an overall certification will
    be sufficient.
    Guarantee by parent undertaking of the liabilities of subsidiary undertaking S17 CAA 86 as amended
    Declaration of consent by shareholders of subsidiary to exemption S17 CAA 86 as amended
    Notification to shareholders of Guarantee S17 CAA 86 as amended
    Note stating company has availed of exemptions in s17 CAA 86, as amended
    Accounting documents
    Reg 39 E.C. (Companies: Group Accounts) Regulations 1992
    Reg 7 E.C. (Credit Institutions: Accounts) Regulations 1992
    Reg 7 E.C. (Accounts) Regulations 1993
    Regs 5, 17 E.C. (Insurance Undertakings: Accounts) Regulations 1996
    Section 43 bond See note eighteen above.
    Form B73 Nomination of a new ARD

The info booklets give you great info but no where could I find anything that just defines what info corresponds to the list above for example:

The statement in the abridged account "We, as Directors of ABCD Limited, state that:
    (a) the company is availing itself of the exemption provided for by Part III of the Companies
    (Amendment)(No.2) Act 1999;..." is this the (attachment) note stating company has availed of exemptions? and is this for audited exemptions?

Thanks a lot to anyone who can clear this up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You need to attach the 1st and 3rd items in the list and not the "s17 CAA 1986" which would be completely irrelevent as it relates to group accounts and subsidiary companies.

To be honest with you, I don't really think that you know what you are doing and you should really get professional advice before proceeding any further.

Documents that are filed in the CRO in error cannot be withdrawn or amended without a trip to the high court.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

dbran wrote: »
    Hi

You need to attach the 1st and 3rd items in the list and not the "s17 CAA 1986" which would be completely irrelevent as it relates to group accounts and subsidiary companies.

To be honest with you, I don't really think that you know what you are doing and you should really get professional advice before proceeding any further.

Documents that are filed in the CRO in error cannot be withdrawn or amended without a trip to the high court.

Kind Regards

dbran

Hi Dbran,

Thanks for your reply, I was speaking to a guy from CRO today and I asked him are they the ones you select as in the ones I mentioned in the op and he said yes so theyare the ones I selected.

I have a fair idea what I am doing and I know exactly what needs to be filed like I say I have done it before but this online way is a first for me.

So you think I made a mistake by not selecting box 1 & 3? If all the required paperwork is presented on time surely that is ok? If not what are the options?

Thanks for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

dbran wrote: »
    Hi

you should really get professional advice before proceeding any further.

dbran
    no need when you can come on here and get advice!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

JD Dublin wrote: »
    no need when you can come on here and get advice!:)

and sometimes the very best advice is to seek professional advice!!

Advertisement