Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght Rod & Gun

Options
  • 09-11-2013 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place? Just wanted to find out if anyone knows what the story is with the shop in Tymon. Has he closed down? I know he changed the name recently but no sign of any life there this week at all??

Has he moved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

I know they were looking to move to bigger premises might have gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Rigador

adrian5765 wrote: »
    I know they were looking to move to bigger premises might have gone already.

Thanks for that. Maybe he's gone so. No sign up or nothing to direct customers where to go. I wouldn't have been in there very often but still was good to know it was there.

Anyone any idea where the new shop is then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

I haven't been it there for a while but he has a new shop name and website...old website link is dead. Maybe give him a ring.

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/tacklegunsandleisure

WEBSITE

http://www.tacklegunsandleisure.ie/

on the website there is no mention of moving premises as it states:

Contact Us

Unit 2
    Castletymon Shopping Center
    Tallaght
    Dublin 24

Email at tacklegunsandleisure@gmail.com
    or call Steven: 014526522

Opening Hours
    Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
    Saturday: 9:30am - 5:30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I don't know why anyone cares if tallaght R&G is gone or not, tried to deal with them once or twice and it was not a pleasant experience either time. They have as bad a name as its possible to have in the shooting world.

rowa wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone cares if tallaght R&G is gone or not, tried to deal with them once or twice and it was not a pleasant experience either time. They have as bad a name as its possible to have in the shooting world.

Agreed!! I've only ever been occasionally. Much as <snip> it was in a handy spot for where I live. Just passing there earlier and it's open again so I went in but no sign of him so I just walked back out. Maybe if he's moving to a new shop <snip>

Anyway - thanks for the replies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Rigador wrote: »
    Agreed!! I've only ever been occasionally. Much as <snip> it was in a handy spot for where I live. Just passing there earlier and it's open again so I went in but no sign of him so I just walked back out. Maybe if he's moving to a new shop <snip>

Anyway - thanks for the replies :)

Ill add to that got stung on a deposit for a new rifle had to have a solicitor write to get my cash back even then got it in dribs and drabs

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

rowa wrote: »

Lakelands takes some beating, so it must have been bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

there moving over to the chartbuster store near the square, as far as i know, be open before christmas

Thanks for that!! Chartbusters is actually closer to me so that will be handy. Curious to see if the new set up there will be any better? Hopefully so! Will keep my eye out anyway. Thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ted321

www.rrm.ie New shop opening soon in tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭luvhuntin

Hopeully they will treat their customers with a little respect and apprecition from now on with this new venture. Spent a few hours heading up there after speaking with them on the phone the day before to be met and spoken to by the most obnoxious person I ever met who hadnt a clue what he was talking about trying to convince me everything he had was the best and everything I was looking for was rubbish. Anyway best of luck to them.

Just re posting on this. Had heard from a chap down in the Penny Black that Stephen was setting up the new place at Chartbusters. It's actually a massive new shop up beside Woodies, Range River Mountain - previous poster kindly gave details of the website. Thanks :) Haven't been into it yet but apparently it's to be a huge big store with a cafe, and it'll be a chain so there'll be more opening in the future. Might have some decent new gear in when it opens?? Anyway, FYI!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

In a time when shops are closing, people are using the net for online buying and with shooters in general being more frugal how in the hell can a small shop turn into a "Starbucks" of gun shops, and more importantly expect to stay open? Especially considering their origins. A fart of shop that concentrated more on fishing than guns.

Plus if it's the same people they can keep their "shiny new shop". If it's not the same people then it's not TR&G anymore, and might be worth a look.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

TR&G

Looking at a gun...

Rang in the morning and arranged to turn up to view said gun at 4.00pm, with deposit and all.

Drove from Waterford to Dublin to find the shop was closed..

Rang the owner and he made a bs excuse about a family emergency.. after some words he decided he could go back down and open the shop.. Things werent busy so they fecked off home.. just says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Rigador wrote: »
    apparently it's to be a huge big store with a cafe, and it'll be a chain so there'll be more opening in the future. Might have some decent new gear in when it opens?? Anyway, FYI!

According to this site he has dissolved & is no longer trading.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Tackle-Guns-And-Leisure-Limited-516294

Surpising he doesn't advertise the opening on his pages...both now dead links

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/tacklegunsandleisure

WEBSITE

http://www.tacklegunsandleisure.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I heard it's the same fella that owned TR&G and Tackle Guns & Leisure will be running it as a paid employee and it is being backed by a friend of his. Whether that leads to improved customer service remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The website is up and running ,mostly a ****e cheap range of gear that is the same same price in any shop ,the lad was <snip> in the old shop so i wouldnt bother buying anything off him now when you can get it off any shooting website

• Registered Users Posts: 26 leeol

Whats the new website ??

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

leeol wrote: »
    Whats the new website ??

rrm.ie
    Anyone have any idea on an opening date? Keeps getting pushed back

• Registered Users Posts: 26 leeol

lanber man wrote: »
    rrm.ie
    Anyone have any idea on an opening date? Keeps getting pushed back

No idea but ill be up that way in an hour ill throw my head in and have a look and let you no if there a sign or aanything :-D

• Advertisement

leeol wrote: »
    No idea but ill be up that way in an hour ill throw my head in and have a look and let you no if there a sign or aanything :-D

They've a Facebook page and have been updating with signs and things. Also said it should be open last week. Looks very impressive though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Range-River-Mountain-Limited-532689 gives the names of the two directors of the company if that's of any use.

Just saw on Facebook they're open on the 14th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deniss63

They have moved to were woodies is in tallaght at the back of the maldron hotel as far as I no

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

deniss63 wrote: »
    They have moved to were woodies is in tallaght at the back of the maldron hotel as far as I no

Thats exactly where they are, been over for a browse myself. As a new member here i cant post a link but their site is rrm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

Ive been out there for a look myself. Big shop, plenty of outdoor clothing, camping gear,fishing gear, airsoft, café, and of course they have firearms and ammo, with some shooting clothing. Staff were quite friendly.
    The website has all relevant details on it. rrm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Ive been out there for a look myself. Big shop, plenty of outdoor clothing, camping gear,fishing gear, airsoft, café, and of course they have firearms and ammo, with some shooting clothing. Staff were quite friendly.
    The website has all relevant details on it. rrm.ie

The in house RFD is just the guy from TRG apparently and all the rest is a different business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

the "in Tallaght" magazine which is run by the itt(i think) had an ad in the paper over 2 pages. apart from all the basic advertising stuff they say "The store is the first of three new stores to open here in ireland" This would make me presume they are from abroad. However if the guy from tallaght rod and gun is renting a part of the store as suggested above i dont know if all their stores have firearms and or ammunition...

Advertisement