Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BeebRock - The BBC4/BBC3/BBC2/BBC1 Music Programmes thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hello, lets have a look at some programmes on interest which might be on your television this weekend. After that burst of new shows on Friday Nights recently we are back to repeats all round. It's a quiet enough weekend but Rod Stewart, Robert Plant, Dusty Springfield, LCD Sound System and a few compilations are showing. Hopefully there is something on that will take your fancy. If not, there might be something on Heyday or Sky Arts.

Thursday TG4

10.15pm - Guth: Dusty Springfield
    The life of Mary O'Brien, who grew up in West Hampstead in north-west London to Irish and Scottish parents. She studied at a strict fee-paying Catholic school run by the Sisters of Charity, and later embarked on a successful pop career as singer Dusty Springfield. The programme documents her life in music, and how she became aware of her Irishness

Friday BBC4

9.25pm & 12.50am - Imagine - Rod Stewart: Can't Stop Me Now
    The veteran rocker invites Alan Yentob to his LA home to conduct an interview, in which Stewart looks back on a career spanning almost 50 years. He discusses working with acts like the Steampacket and Jeff Beck in the 1960s and his time with the Faces, whose offstage antics became legendary - as did the frontman's affairs with a string of famous women. His solo career propelled him to superstardom with songs such as Maggie May and Sailing, and while the 1980s proved a critical disaster, his constant reinvention has given him a lasting career. Having more recently become known as a singer of American standards, he has now recorded Time, his first album of new material in almost 20 years

10.50pm & 2.15am - Rod Stewart at the BBC
    A tribute to the singer's career with a selection of his performances and interviews at the BBC. Songs include Sailing, You're in My Heart, I Don't Want to Talk About It and Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? Plus, Handbags and Gladrags from Rod's set at Glastonbury in 2002, his cover of Dorothy Fields' classic I'm in the Mood for Love and a track from his Radio 2 concert in May 2013

11.50pm Sings the Great American Songbook
    A compilation of archive performances of hits composed by American songwriters including Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen. Featuring music by Shirley Bassey, Bryan Ferry, Captain Sensible, Jamie Cullum and Florence and the Machine

3.15am Sounds of the 70s 2 Guilty Pleasures - Love Will Keep Us Together
    A celebration of some of the decade's most recognisable classics, including performances by the Carpenters, Bread, Charles Aznavour, 10cc, John Denver, Bellamy Brothers, Exile, Captain & Tennille and Dr Hook

Friday Film 4

1.10am Shut up and Play The Hits
    Documentary recording LCD Soundsystem's final concert at New York's Madison Square Garden in 2011, recording the lead-up to the show and the aftermath, as well as highlights of the four-hour performance itself. Featuring interviews with frontman James Murphy, who discusses his decision to disband the group and how this will change his life

Saturday BBC4

10.45pm Robert Plant at Glastonbury
    Mark Radcliffe presents a performance by legendary Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant and his band the Sensational Space Shifters, in front of a crowd of fans at the music festival held at Worthy Farm, near Pilton in Somerset

11.55pm Robert Plant: By Myself
    The singer discusses his varied life and musical career, including his upbringing in the West Midlands town of Stourbridge, his rise to stardom as the singer of influential rock band Led Zeppelin and his solo projects. The programme also reflects on his collaboration with country singer Alison Krauss, with whom he made the Grammy-winning album Raising Sand, and his reunion with virtuoso guitarist Jimmy Page

12.55am Guitar Heroes at the BBC
    Compilation of performances from TV programmes first broadcast between 1969 and 1981, including The Old Grey Whistle Test. Featuring performances by electric guitarists Carlos Santana, Mark Knopfler, the Edge and Peter Green, as well as acoustic performers John Martyn, Bert Jansch, John Renbourn and Paco Pena

That's about it, I'll leave with this one from Back To The Future (ITV2, Saturday 6.45pm). Incidentally, Back To The Future II is also showing (ITV2, Sunday 6.50pm). That's the one where Marty goes 30 years into the future ... to 2015 :eek: Less than 5 months to go, where's my Hoverboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Tonight on BBC4 at 7pm, 'Sounds Of The 70's 2'.

Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Black Sabbath...

Aka the good stuff :D

Tonight on BBC4 at 7pm, 'Sounds Of The 70's 2'.

Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Black Sabbath...

Aka the good stuff :D

Well spotted Wm! I missed that one :o

On an entirely unrelated matter, I see Westminster Council want to hire a lollipop woman/man to keep order at the Abbey Road zebra Crossing

http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/the-beatles-famous-abbey-road-needs-a-lollipop-lady-to-help-tourists-cross/

It is chaotic there, tourists try to recreate the Abbey Road Album Cover and drivers never know when they are going to leap out

You can view it 24 hours a day here, it gets very busy in the afternoons and evenings

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

It can be addictive. To get the best shot you need

1) Four people (One for each Beatle)
    2) A passerby you can trust with your camera (to take the shot)
    3) Not to be concerned with the growing buildup of traffic on the road

THE COOP!

:D:D:D

Lovely stuff.

And some red hot Eisteddfod action coming up on BBC4, WM. They are spoiling you!

Ah, Good ole OZZY!

Sacked from Sabbath two weeks after that performance.

Sounds of the Seventies (and Eighties) deserve a proper repeat run instead of being used as a filler.

And Sounds of the Nineties is long overdue.

And while I'm here, The Rock and Roll years should get another airing. it was a great show, and I'd like to correct everyone who would accuse the BBC of ripping off Reeling in The Years when they see it :)

Airheads is on Comedy Central at 2.05am.

It contains the answer to that eternal question - who would win in a wrestling matc between God and Lemmy?
    "it's a trick question - Lemmy is God!
    Frustrated heavy metal band the Lone Rangers are determined to get air time for their new record and take a radio station hostage to ensure it happens. Comedy, starring Steve Buscemi, Brendan Fraser, Adam Sandler and Michael McKean

Skid X wrote: »
    Airheads is on Comedy Central at 2.05am.

It contains the answer to that eternal question - who would win in a wrestling matc between God and Lemmy?
    "it's a trick question - Lemmy is God!

Lemmy IS God!

Wrong answer, Mr. Ramis (RIP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Another one for my list WM and Skid!....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Looking forward to these next Friday:

The Kate Bush Story: Running Up That Hill” will air on the BBC Four TV channel on Friday 22nd August at 9.10pm – days before her return to the live stage on August 26th.

The documentary will explore Kate’s career and music from January 1978′s Wuthering Heights to her 2011 album 50 Words for Snow through the testimony of some of her key collaborators and those she has inspired. Contributors include those who have worked closely with Kate; Del Palmer, David Gilmour, Lindsay Kemp, Peter Gabriel, Elton John, Stephen Fry and Nigel Kennedy.

Also exploring their abiding fascination with Kate are some of the musicians who have been influenced by her (St Vincent’s Annie Clark, Natasha Khan of Bat for Lashes, Tori Amos, Outkast’s Big Boi, Guy Garvey and Tricky) and some writers and comedians who admire her (Jo Brand, Steve Coogan and Neil Gaiman).

It will be immediately followed at 10.10pm by a compilation of “Kate Bush at the BBC“. Both programmes will be repeated later that same night from 12.40am to 2.40am.

It's Repeatsville again this week. There's some all new programmes about Kate Bush next week but until then it's 'another chance to see'

Friday BBC4

9.10pm & 1am Great American Rock Anthems: Turn It Up to 11
    Huey Morgan presents the story of some of the greatest US rock anthems that emerged during the 1970s, 80s and 90s. A distinct sound evolved from blues and early metal, featuring loud drums, distinct guitar riffs and catchy lyrics, which produced a storm of feel-good tunes. The film focuses on tracks including Alice Cooper's School's Out, Don't Stop Believin' by Journey, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer and Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. With contributions by Dave Grohl, Toto, Foreigner and more

10.10pm & 2am - Forever Young - How Rock 'n' Roll Grew Up
    Documentary exploring the ways rock 'n' roll stars have coped with growing old after being symbols of rebellion from the genre's roots in the 1950s. The programme uncovers how artists have enjoyed comebacks in the 21st century, and examines what happened to the mantra 'live fast, die young'. Featuring contributions by Iggy Pop, Lemmy, Rick Wakeman, Suggs and Alison Moyet. Narrated by Cherie Lunghi

11.10pm - Great Guitar Riffs at The BBC
    A compilation of clips and performances featuring some of the best guitar stars of all time, including Jimi Hendrix, the Kinks, Cream, AD/DC, the Smiths, Rage Against the Machine, Radiohead, the Foo Fighters, the Pixies and the Stone Roses

12.10am - Top Of The Pops: The Story of 1979
    Documentary about TOTP's changing musical direction in 1978, when pop singles were slowly ousted by disco, punk and new wave artists. The programme features contributions by members of the Boomtown Rats, Squeeze, Boney M and Sham 69 - among others - and archive performances by the likes of Elvis Costello, the Undertones, Ian Dury and the Blockheads and the Jam

3am - Guitar Heroes at The BBC
    Archive footage from BBC music shows of the 1970s. Including electric performances by the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Motorhead, Nazareth, AC/DC and George Thorogood, as well as acoustic material by Michael Chapman, Horslips and Paco de Lucia

Saturday BBC4

10.35pm - John Denver Country Boy
    Documentary exploring the private life and public legacy of singer-songwriter John Denver, America's original `country boy', who died in 1997. The programme features the accounts of those closest to him, revealing the man behind the music

11.35pm - John Denver at Wembley Arena
    A classic performance by the US musician at London's Wembley Arena in 1979, as part of a selection of programmes to mark the 70th year since the birth of the quintessential `country boy'

12.15am - An Evening with Glen Campbell
    An archive concert by country music singer Glen Campbell in which he is accompanied by 80 musicians who played original arrangements of his greatest songs. Performed at London's Royal Festival Hall and originally broadcast in 1978

Seeing as it's a quiet week, here is news of lots and lots of Queen programmes on Sky Arts 1 this weekend ...

Friday

8pm - Discovering Queen
    Friends and fans of Queen discuss their admiration for the rock band and reflect on the group's career and music

9pm - Queen Live a Wembley
    A performance by the band recorded on their 1986 Magic tour, when they were riding the crest of a wave following their triumphant Live Aid performance at the same venue the year before. Including renditions of classic hits Bohemian Rhapsody, I Want to Break Free, We Will Rock You and Radio Ga Ga

Saturday

6.40pm & 1.20am - Becoming Queen
    The story of the rock band's career, from Brian May and Roger Taylor's first meeting at grammar school to the death of Freddie Mercury in 1991

8pm & 2.40am - Classic Albums: A Night at The Opera
    The story behind the conception and recording of Queen's fourth album A Night at the Opera, which was released in 1975. It contained songs such as You're My Best Friend and Bohemian Rhapsody, the record transformed the group's career. The programme features interviews, acoustic performances and archive footage

9pm - Queen Live in Rio
    The band's historic opening performance at the Rock in Rio festival in 1985, playing Love of My Life, Tie Your Mother Down and Radio Gaga to an audience of more than 250,000

10.20pm - Freddie Mercury: The Tribute Concert
    Highlights of the 1992 concert, which included performances by some of the biggest names in rock at the time, including David Bowie, George Michael and Elton John. Featuring rehearsal footage and interviews with Queen members Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon

Sunday

9pm & 2.30am Queen - Live in Milton Keynes
    Highlights from the 1982 concert, featuring many of the band's greatest hits, among them renditions of Flash and Under Pressure

10pm Queen The Magic Years
    Documentary about the rock group's rise to fame and eventual superstardom, including profiles of Freddie Mercury, Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor

2am Video Killed The Radio Star: Queen
    Members of Queen discuss the making of some of their band's most famous music videos, and reflect on how the medium changed the music industry

That's about it, the excellent Fight Club is on ITV4 on Saturday at 11.25pm where you would hear this at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, well. Gooood stuff tonight, but repeat city all the same.

Personally, I like it when the shows aren't about one particular artist/band. Keeps you on your toes, y'know?

Tonight:

19.30 BBC Proms
    21.10 Great American Rock Anthems: Turn it up to 11
    22.10 Forver Young: How Rock n Roll Grew Up
    23.10 Great Guitar Riffs at the BBC
    12.10 TOTP: The Story of 1978
    01.00 as 21.10
    02.00 as 22.10
    03.00 Guitar Heroes at the BBC (part IV)

Tomorrow, meanwhile, a little bit o' country. And no sign of ol' Friends in Low Places himself at all at all.

Maybe they wanted to broadcast a show or two, but he pulled the old five or nothin' trick again. As is his wont.

Tomorrow:

22.35 John Denver: Country Boy
    23.35 John Denver at Wembley Arena
    00.15 An Evening with Glen Campbell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Arragh jeaysus. Took me ages to type all that on the phone, by the time i'd it finished Skid has the usual detailed version up! Nice on Skid, as usual.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Arragh jeaysus. Took me ages to type all that on the phone, by the time i'd it finished Skid has the usual detailed version up! Nice on Skid, as usual.

Ha,I think evilivor and myself and yourself all posted around the same time. Fair play, posting that amount of detail on the phone is a chore.

I might have a look at that Glen Campbell concert, looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Ha,I think evilivor and myself and yourself all posted around the same time. Fair play, posting that amount of detail on the phone is a chore.

I might have a look at that Glen Campbell concert, looks good.

"Great minds… etc."

evilivor wrote: »
    Looking forward to these next Friday:

The Kate Bush Story: Running Up That Hill” will air on the BBC Four TV channel on Friday 22nd August at 9.10pm – days before her return to the live stage on August 26th.

The documentary will explore Kate’s career and music from January 1978′s Wuthering Heights to her 2011 album 50 Words for Snow through the testimony of some of her key collaborators and those she has inspired. Contributors include those who have worked closely with Kate; Del Palmer, David Gilmour, Lindsay Kemp, Peter Gabriel, Elton John, Stephen Fry and Nigel Kennedy.

Also exploring their abiding fascination with Kate are some of the musicians who have been influenced by her (St Vincent’s Annie Clark, Natasha Khan of Bat for Lashes, Tori Amos, Outkast’s Big Boi, Guy Garvey and Tricky) and some writers and comedians who admire her (Jo Brand, Steve Coogan and Neil Gaiman).

It will be immediately followed at 10.10pm by a compilation of “Kate Bush at the BBC“. Both programmes will be repeated later that same night from 12.40am to 2.40am.

:D

Butch Vig talking about 'Nevermind' for a change :D

• Advertisement

Heyday TV, which broadcasts in the afternoons on Showcase TV 2, which is on Sky Channel 192 is still going strong

http://www.information.tv/WhatIsOnShowcaseTv2/TheSchedule/?day=0

Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, ELO, The Moody Blues, The Jam, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, AC/DC, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Rainbow, Wishbone Ash, T Rex, Slade, Roxy Music, Iron Maiden and The Doors all feature over the next week.

For no particular reason, here's a link to an excellent Hootenany performance from a while back

Jarvis Cocker, Tom Jones, Robert Plant, Chrissie Hynde, Jools Holland, Solomon Burke, Jimmy Cliff, Kelly Jones and friends

Lovin it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpgepbvIhY

Hello, it's that Kate Bush documentary tomorrow and a few other bits and bobs.

Thursday TG4

10.15pm Guth: The Smiths
    Investigating what life was like in Manchester for members of indie band the Smiths, who are descended from Irish immigrants, and how their ancestry influenced their music. The group's songs struck a chord with an entire generation, and they were strongly aware of their roots, which is evident in singer Morrissey's solo single Irish Blood English Heart

Friday, Saturday and Sunday BBC3 - Live Coverage of The Reading Festival

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007xt4m/broadcasts/upcoming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e65q2m/performances/lfmhzc

Friday BBC4

9.10pm & 12.40am - The Kate Bush Story: Running Up That Hill New!
    Documentary exploring the singer-songwriter's career and music from her 1978 debut single Wuthering Heights to her 2011 album 50 Words for Snow with testimony from collaborators, fellow artists inspired by her work and fans. Featuring David Gilmour, the guitarist who discovered Bush, as well as Peter Gabriel, Elton John, Stephen Fry, Outkast's Big Boi and Steve Coogan

10.10pm & 12.40am - Kate Bush at The BBC
    A compilation of the pop singer's performances at the BBC's studios between 1978 and 1994. Bush appeared on a variety of programmes, including Top of the Pops, Wogan, Ask Aspel, Saturday Night at the Mill and the Leo Sayer Show. Hits such as Wuthering Heights, Babooshka, Running Up That Hill and Hounds of Love are among showcased songs, alongside intriguing and lesser-known material

10.10pm - The Old Grey Whistle Test: 70s Gold
    Archive performances from the BBC music series, featuring Elton John, David Bowie, Captain Beefheart, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Curtis Mayfield, New York Dolls, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Brinsley Schwarz, Gil Scott-Heron, Blondie, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Jam, Talking Heads, Iggy Pop, Cher and Greg Allman, Argent, Steppenwolf, Lindisfarne, Dr Feelgood and Johnny Winter

2.40am - Top of The Pops: Big Hits 1979
    A look at the year music went portable with the launch of the Sony walkman, and saw the Mod revival and 2-tone music flourish with the Jam, the Specials, Madness and the Selecter. New Wave also thrived with Elvis Costello, Squeeze and Gary Numan. On a more comical note, Dame Edna Everage's performance of Waltzing Matilda made a big impression, incongruously alongside reggae-influenced punk rock band the Ruts. Elsewhere, Chas & Dave continued their success story with Gertcha

Saturday BBC4

10.50pm Boogie Fever: A TOTP2 Disco Special
    Steve Wright presents performances of disco classics from the BBC archives, featuring George McCrae, Chic, Gloria Gaynor, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Edwin Starr, the Weather Girls, Liquid Gold, Heatwave, the Bee Gees, Earth Wind & Fire, Tina Charles, the JALN Band, Hi-Tension, Sylvester, the Village People, Boney M, Linx, Yazz, Infernal, the Three Degrees, Blondie, the Gibson Brothers and Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots

12.20am Queens of Disco
    Graham Norton celebrates the careers of some of the greatest names in disco music, including Gloria Gaynor, Donna Summer, Grace Jones and Chaka Khan. He also explores Madonna's return to her 1980s roots and the success it brought her in the UK pop charts

1.20am Sounds of the 70s 2 Soul - Keep on Keeping On
    Featuring archive performances by some of the American soul acts who travelled to the UK during the decade, including Aretha Franklin, Billy Preston, the Jacksons, the Tams, Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, the Stylistics and Gil Scott-Heron

Sunday BBC4

9.05pm - Definitely Dusty
    Documentary revisiting the career of Dusty Springfield, the renowned pop diva famous for classic songs such as You Don't Have to Say You Love Me and Son of a Preacher Man. Archive footage shot in both the UK and the US provides an illuminating insight into her glamorous but private personal life, and contributions from her protective inner circle of friends highlight the Dusty behind the panda eyes and blonde beehive. Includes interviews with Tom Jones, Elton John, Burt Bacharach, Lulu and Neil Tennant

That's about it, not many music films on this week so here's So long and thanks for all the Fish, the opening theme and the best part of The Hitchikers Guide to The Galaxy film, (BBC2 England, Sunday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Kate Bush documentary starting imminently on BBC4

Strange to think that the Pebble Mill building in Birmingham is now gone.
    Love these obscure tv program bits that the BBC have.

Leo Sayer had his own TV show :eek:

Why was I not informed? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

cml387 wrote: »
    Kate Bush documentary starting imminently on BBC4

I really enjoyed that, a fascinating insight into an utterly unique talent. Its a shame artists like her come along so rarely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just realised the Kate Bush programmes are on......

she's properly barking! :eek:

(and that was VERY bad miming if I'm not mistaken!)

I wonder how successful her plea will be that people leave their phones/ipads/screens off during her upcoming concerts..... She's very naive if she thinks the blindest bit of notice will be taken of that! (For the record I agree with her 100%, I'd seize everything with a screen at the door and return only when the show is over.)

She seemed content to do interviews in her early days, and then became increasingly uncomfortable as time went on.

I was hoping she might make a surprise appearance at the end. Very good show, the 'talking heads' contributors were a cut above the average and they had some great archive.

Was this broadcast after The Queen's Speech? :D

She seemed content to do interviews in her early days, and then became increasingly uncomfortable as time went on.

I was hoping she might make a surprise appearance at the end. Very good show, the 'talking heads' contributors were a cut above the average and they had some great archive.
    Worth recording the repeat then for some other night's viewing?

• Advertisement

I remember reading NME's review of the first KB live tour in 1979. It's fair to say they weren't impressed.
    The machine gunning of the audience during the James and The Cold Gun sequence seemed to suggest to NME that she was hostile to the audience.

Personally if I ever really loved any artist it was Kate. The minute I heard Wuthering Heights I ws gone. She decorated my student walls, I saved up to get all her albums.I was disappointed with The Dreaming (subsequently changed my mind btw).

And The Man With The Child In His Eyes is one of the most moving,mysterious and beautiful pieces of music ever created.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I think so Heidi, well worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Definitely.

Anyone been watching this programme from the start? Has Wuthering Heights been played?

Anyone been watching this programme from the start? Has Wuthering Heights been played?

Wuthering Heights was first.

Babooshka time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes

No Cloudbusting in the doc! One of her finest moments and vids

Back in the day when Bush was in her popular pomp I was listening to Led Zep, Purple, Floyd and some more modern stuff like Stranglers and the Police my slightly younger sister was into Bush, Bowie, Japan etc. I have to concede she did have the better taste!

Wuthering Heights was first.

Babooshka time :)

Ah crap. Oh well, I'll just have to record this one as well then :D

Honestly, she gets madder the more I watch her. But in a good way. I think.

Yes, a Top Of The Pops live version with an indifferent backing track. Best stick with the youtube versions.
    There are two, the Red dress and White dress.
    Personally I prefer the outdoor red dress one. They had a tracking camera(!) and it showed a bit of money was spent.

I presume you all know of course that Kate's late mother Hannah is from Waterford?

I presume you all know of course that Kate's late mother Hannah is from Waterford?

I did not.

They say you learn something new every day. Well that's today's new fact for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Every performance I've seen tonight has been mimed. I hope people going to her forthcoming concerts aren't expecting too much. Kate reminds me of a more cerebral version of Enya, and we all know that Enya rarely toured, and when she did, she used layered backing tracks....

Kate Bush singing a reggae version of an Elton John song while playing a ukelele, wearing a business suit and heels ...... I know i thought she was mad before, but.....

*head explodes*

(with uileann pipes just to put the tin hat on it!)

Every performance I've seen tonight has been mimed. I hope people going to her forthcoming concerts aren't expecting too much. Kate reminds me of a more cerebral version of Enya, and we all know that Enya rarely toured, and when she did, she used layered backing tracks....

Assorted television programs will of course have mimed pieces. (The first TOTP piece Wuthering Heights was actually done live).

I did not.

They say you learn something new every day. Well that's today's new fact for me!

Abbeyside in Dungarvan, to be precise.

I've recorded this TOGWT before - Lindisfarne I have no doubt were a product of the time, but oh my goodness they just look barmy now (or on something not quite medicinal!)

Brilliant song though!

How many times do you think BBC Four have shown this programme?
    Jason Sinclair ‏@jlsinc 1m
    This is the SEVENTEENTH time BBC Four has shown this compilation. #bbc4

I wonder if the artists are getting royalties every time it gets shown?

Assorted television programs will of course have mimed pieces. (The first TOTP piece Wuthering Heights was actually done live).

True, but it always seems to me that the studio production values on her songs are very high and intricate. I can't imagine her being able to reproduce it live, without a fair degree of compromising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I can't believe i don't have anything by Kate Bush.
    Any suggestions to get into her stuff.

I can't believe i don't have anything by Kate Bush.
    Any suggestions to get into her stuff.

Greatest Hits ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Greatest Hits ;)
    :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement