Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BeebRock - The BBC4/BBC3/BBC2/BBC1 Music Programmes thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Dale Griffin with the biggest drumsticks in the world! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I wonder if anyone is Scotland is thinking "Och, I'm really not sure about this referendum, but seeing as David Bowie asked us to say, I'd better vote Nae"

MONKEH!

Amateurs! Amateurs!

I loved seeing them live in 2012. I thought it would never happen.

I felt like I had The Moon On a Stick.

Skid X wrote: »
    Amateurs! Amateurs!

Conspiracy theory time!

Some say they fixed it to screw up on purpose, due to the way they had been treated by the crew during the day :cool:

Ha!

First heard this song on a 'Grand Theft Auto' compilation :O

Kate Bush is a class act. You could take so many of her songs and they are miles ahead of anything you would hear on the radio these days.

This may be from the 80's

A robot! Awesome!

• Advertisement

Imagine being in the TOTP audience to watch that? It must be up there with being a regular in The Cavern or being at The Sex Pistols first gig.

Imagine being in the TOTP audience to watch that? It must be up there with being a regular in The Cavern or being at The Sex Pistols first gig.

:D

But then the Robot self-destructed on the Bill Grundy show and it was all over.

RIP Rah Band :(

Chilly up there in the rafters by the look of it :)

Tina Charles must watch this and think - how did the Rah Band singer get a nice dress and a glitterball?

Most unglamorous Disco shot there ever, very odd.

The Edge with hair :D

Never remotely been a fan of U2, but this is a good song - a predict a bright future for them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Call me your fairy ROCKmother, Donie!

:cool:

Just finished watching this excellent 'Arena' documentary from 1989 about heavy metal (in 6 parts on de yoo tobe)

Contains Bruce Dickinson's guide to codpieces :D

Thanks, dude! I'll give that a go alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Have Jeff Lynne and Chas ever been seen in the same room together?? :confused:

Jeff_Lynne.jpg

chashodges1_med.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I hate to say it because I like Jeff Lynn...(good 'ol ELO - I'm going loopy) but he looks like DLT as well... :(

Double loopy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I hate to say it because I like Jeff Lynn...(good 'ol ELO - I'm going loopy) but he looks like DLT as well... :(

Double loopy...

They could be triplets! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Red Button is showing ELO in Hyde Park live (?) right now. Depending on the schedule it may turn up again and on a ELO night sometime :)

Invictus Games closing ceremony has some music - Ellie Goulding, Foo Fighters and more on BBC2 now

Red Button is showing ELO in Hyde Park live (?) right now. Depending on the schedule it may turn up again and on a ELO night sometime :)

Good call!

Evil Woman :D

Good call!

Evil Woman :D

Whaddya want?.............:mad::mad::mad:

:p

Is this billed as 'Jeff Lynne's ELO'?

For years, there was an 'ELO Part II' led by Bev Bevan without Lynne.

• Advertisement

Ah, I've no red button.....:(...

Keep me up to date WM!! gxxx:)

Love a blast of ELO!

Whaddya want?.............:mad::mad::mad:

:p

You always struck me as more of a 'Sweet Talkin' Woman', grey!

:cool:

Ah, I've no red button.....:(...

Keep me up to date WM!! gxxx:)

Love a blast of ELO!

Do you have Sky?

Tis on Channel 980

Ma-ma-ma belle, now Showdown

So many classic songs :)

Do you have Sky?

Tis on Channel 980

Ma-ma-ma belle, now Showdown

So many classic songs :)

No, Sky box comes home tomorrow with little grey.....

I can sweet talk if I have to WM!!....Schhhhh........;)

Strange Magic
    Livin' Thing
    The Changingman, er, I mean 10538 Overture :pac:

• Advertisement

I must dig out that live CD of the hits they did....

Travelling Wilburys 'Handle With Care' :)

Don't Bring Me Down :D

Mr. Blue Sky!!

Oh yeah!

:D:D:D

Bit strange to have that Radio 2 concert on the same night as the Invictus Games gig.

Ah well, they said they would put some highlights on Youtube. Pity it's only on the Red Button tonight.

Its just started over again (Evil Woman) - a quick repeat even by BBC standards ;)

ITV1 = Grammy salutes the Beatles 10.40 pm (check listings for local variations)

At Home With Irish Country Music

Wed 9pm

TV3.

See yis all there!

:-D:-D:-D:-D

Bit strange to have that Radio 2 concert on the same night as the Invictus Games gig.

Ah well, they said they would put some highlights on Youtube. Pity it's only on the Red Button tonight.

Mister Blue Sky ... Mis-ter Blue Sky ...

'Hon the Jeff, That looked like an enjoyable concert, there are a few more links in the side (only one song per band)

Heads up/reminder for tomorrow night (BBC Four at 9pm), a new series called 'Oh You Pretty Things' as part of BBC's 'The Sound Of Style' season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/sound-of-style

Looks good

:)

A kind soldier of the Internet has posted the full Jeff Lynne/ELO concert from Sunday

• Advertisement

Ahoy Hoy. I heard Johnny Marr being interviewed today, I didn't know he guided Noel Gallagher in his early days. They both wrote classics on the same guitar. If that Guitar could talk it would say "Why did you smash me up, Noel?" Here's the link (only a few minutes long)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p026vfw2

But getting back to the telly ...

Friday BBC4
    9pm & 1.40am - Hello Quo
    Documentary examining rock band Status Quo's five-decade history, including interviews with the band, concert footage and rarely seen archive material, as well as a look at the 2012 reunion of the original line-up, performing together for the first time in more than 30 years. With contributions by Paul Weller, Brian May, Noddy Holder, Cliff Richard and Jeff Lynne. Cut-down version of the feature-length documentary

10.20pm - Big Hits: TOTP 1964 to 1975
    A selection of performances from the first years of Top of the Pops, featuring the Rolling Stones, Peter Sarstedt, Tom Jones, Stevie Wonder, Julie Driscoll, George McCrae, Queen, the Kinks, Procol Harum, Suzi Quatro, the Foundations, Stealers Wheel, the Seekers and Status Quo

11.50pm & 3am - Roxy Music at Frejus
    The rock group perform in a concert recorded in 1982 at Frejus, France, before an audience of 15,000. Featuring some of their greatest hits, including Dance Away, Avalon, Love is the Drug and Jealous Guy

12.40am - Oh You Pretty Things
    Tribes: Lauren Laverne narrates this three-part documentary exploring the influence of musicians and designers on the coolest and craziest looks in Britain, and how fans emulated their idols. The first programme focuses on the golden years of the 1960s, when Mod legends the Small Faces became the best dressed band in England and the Beatles and the Rolling Stones embraced psychedelia

Friday BBC2
    11.35pm - Later With Jools Holland
    New series. The eponymous pianist returns for a new run of eight instalments. With an impressive 44 series already under his belt, the same 'in the round' formula will be reworked for this run as Jools welcomes some of the world's biggest artists, kicking off with alt-J, the indie trio who perform tracks from their pending second album, This Is All Yours. North Carolina's Ryan Adams is no stranger to the series, having appeared on three previous occasions. He will be performing a couple of tracks from his self-titled, self-produced 14th LP. West London Soul act Jungle and singer-songwriter FKA Twigs will also be promoting their respective albums, and American R&B singing group The O'Jays will be joining Jools round the piano. Extended version of the live edition shown on Tuesday

Saturday BBC2 HD and BBC2 England (but not BBC2 NI or BBC2 Wales)

12.05am - TOTP2
    Mark Radcliffe continues his roam through the annals of pop glory in the TOTP archive, sharing gems from Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Stevie Wonder, Spitting Image, Kylie Minogue, Gary Numan, Squeeze and Tina Turner.

Saturday BBC4
    The Story of Top Of The Pops 1979
    A look back at a heady year for the chart show, which recorded its highest audience of 19 million viewers, as physical format singles peaked at four times that number. Social problems in Britain during the Winter of Discontent did not stop inventive musicians from making hay as eager fans queued up to embrace their output, and new wave, 2-tone, reggae, rock, folk and electro hits competed for the top slots. Among the featured artists are Gary Numan, Nile Rodgers, Jah Wobble and Woody from Madness

Saturday RTE1
    11.15pm - The Imelda May Show (repeat of last Sunday's Show)
    The singer-songwriter is joined in the studio by pop-rock band The Script, rock group Aslan, singer Derek Ryan and pop-folk duo Hudson Taylor for chat and live performances

Sunday RTE1
    9.30pm - The Imelda May Show
    The singer-songwriter is joined in the studio by grammy-award winning artist Sinead O'Connor, musician Hozier, rock-group The Strypes and singer Paul Brady for chat and live performances

Sunday BBC4
    Quadrophenia - Can You See the Real Me?
    Guitarist Pete Townshend revisits his former haunts in Shepherd's Bush and Battersea, London, to reflect on the Who's sixth studio album Quadrophenia, released in 1973. He recalls how the record was nearly abandoned due to financial problems, a culture of drink and drugs, and a studio that was under construction. Featuring contributions by fellow band member Roger Daltrey, manager Bill Curbishley and record producer Ron Nevison

That's about it, Hot Fuzz is on ITV on Friday at 11.40pm, which is good fun and made all the better by having this over the End Credits. Adieu.

Wahey, The Quo are back!

Now, here's a worrying thing (as I listen to Pat Kenny talking about Alzheimer's disease)...

I can't remeber if i've seen that Pretty Things documentary before. Surely I have at this stage? Looks interesting. But then, anything that has The Beatles in it's preview looks interesting to me. :-D

Thanks as usual, Skid.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Wahey, The Quo are back!

Now, here's a worrying thing (as I listen to Pat Kenny talking about Alzheimer's disease)...

I can't remeber if i've seen that Pretty Things documentary before. Surely I have at this stage? Looks interesting. But then, anything that has The Beatles in it's preview looks interesting to me. :-D

Thanks as usual, Skid.

Pretty Things documentary - new.

:)

Oh you Pretty Things is on at 9 PM Wednesdays 3 parts.

Will tape Roxy as that's the only thing that not a repeat come Saturday. Its on youtube if you like your concerts a bit soft and blurry. Though the sound is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Next Tuesday and Friday Mary J Blige, Marianne Faithfull, Band of Skulls, Hozier and skandi county outfit First Aid Kit will all be deeply honoured by appearance with Jools Holland.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Wahey, The Quo are back!

Forgot to mention Donie, the Quo are on the Pretty Things documentary, talking about - yes, you've guessed it - denim :D

At least it's 'Hello Quo', and not 'Bula Quo' - their wacky comedy film adventure :D

Bryan Ferry.............***drools***disgustling sooooo....

thanks WM!!! xxx

Brian is single handily murdering "Like a Hurricane".....

Seriously....

Bryan Ferry was a róthar.

Sorry lads. He was.

• Advertisement

Seriously....

Bryan Ferry was a róthar.

Sorry lads. He was.

First two Roxy albums with Eno are awesome, plus 'Stranded' and 'Country Life' :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement