Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you like to see from the next gen of Pokemon?

• 09-11-2013 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested to know what people would like to see from the next generation in the series.

Some things I think would benefit the next games:

- A greater emphasis on the storyline and the ability to alter the ending depending on your choices along the way. I think the story in X/Y was pretty run of the mill and overall disappointing.

- More interesting characters. All of the main ones in X/Y tend to be friendly. A few unlikeable types, i.e. like Gary in the anime, wouldn't go amiss. I'd also like to see older characters introduced to the series.

- A longer post-game element would be helpful. Perhaps something involving Pokemon breeding would do. Maybe a Pokemon breeding championship where the player has the option of raising 6 Pokemon from level one and entering them into a contest in a new post-game region.

- More character voices. I liked what they did with Pikachu in X/Y and would like to see that extended to all characters.

- A greater emphasis on the personalities of Pokemon. Going back to what I said earlier about your decisions in the game counting more, make it that the Pokemon can take issue with some of your decisions about what to do, where to go, etc. Make it not about just training the Pokemon but also managing them and their temperament.

- Improve the Pokeradar as it is too hard to get good chains going imo.

Anyone got anything they want to see?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

+1 on introducing old characters, but maybe alter a few things about them, make them more human-like. Well, not more human like but to show that they can adapt if needed.

For example Scyther, instead of his sharp blades, maybe two AK - 47s sticking out his arms or something?!

Or maybe even Mewtwo, being able to read the mind of a human.

What about Pokémon having powers to morph in to people? Imagine a 'Morphodojo' (we'll call it) A Pokémon that can take any human form, even the accent. Imagine a Pokémon speaking in a Scottish accent. Amazing!

Miss the likes of the original 150 too. Something of a reunion would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Kinda weird but definitely no Cities & maybe no towns either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

GTR63 wrote: »
    Kinda weird but definitely no Cities & maybe no towns either.

Interesting, I like it! What would you prefer? Jungle? Forest? Swiss & Alaskan Mountainary? Desert? Icey Poles? Curious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I want the ability to set up, recruit and manage my own nefarious Team, setting default mon forthe grunts, catching legendary pokémon for cloning and powering world ending machines, being thwarted by a prepubescent do-gooder etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Interesting, I like it! What would you prefer? Jungle? Forest? Swiss & Alaskan Mountainary? Desert? Icey Poles? Curious :)

Maybe something like a huge park with different terrain than changes every season. In spring you find certain Pokemon more plentiful (increase in breeding and Pokemon waking up from hibernation) & more grass and forest land. In the summer all the ice melts making it easier to access certain areas i.e. mountain peaks & islands and more daylight(day/night cycle obv). In the Autumn the weather gets harsher as does the terrain & an increase in multiple Pokemon battles. In the winter Pokemon are less plentiful outside but more inside caves and woodland where the weather is more favourable and lakes and rivers freeze but the sea doesn`t. Certain Pokemon would only appear & or change appearance throughout the seasons too.

This popped in my head when I got to the awkwardly designed Lumiose City in X&Y and I quickly retreated to its outskirts not long after,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I just want a game with a grown-up storyline. Black/White was a huge step in the right direction, and X/Y has regressed back to extreme lows of crap.

Also, something to work towards could be more of an open-world format, with one overall story arc but multiple, deep side quests along the way. The Looker quests in X/Y were great, and had a much better storyline than anything else in the main game. A less linear game involving more of that kind of stuff would be amazing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any story other than "10 year old leaves home".

I think it was someone on here who suggested a story revolving round a former Team member, who gets ejected from the group with only a single pokemon, and has to build up his party and collection as he seeks good-guy-revenge against the team.

Advertisement