Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto cut off heater

Options
  • 09-11-2013 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a device that you can get to add on to an oil filled radiator that will cut off after a said time, have elderly parents that come and visit me and stick on the radiator and forget to switch it off after they go if i am not around, a remote control device would be a plus,

Thanks in advance

Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

paconnors wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a device that you can get to add on to an oil filled radiator that will cut off after a said time, have elderly parents that come and visit me and stick on the radiator and forget to switch it off after they go if i am not around, a remote control device would be a plus,

Thanks in advance

Pa
    Just get a timer switch. Plug it into the socket them plug the rad into it. Set the I time and off you go. I'm sure there's versions out there with boost times, if not make one up use a boost switch so it'll come on for an hour or two

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property

Do I have it right that this is a plug-in heater?

Advertisement