Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc horizon - Setting up for XBOX Live

Options
  • 09-11-2013 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Hi guys anyone got the nee horizon box, I can't connect my Xbox to the wireless. Passwords ok but there's some error in between. I'm at my wits end.

cheers guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think I've found the problem.... UPC....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I think I've found the problem.... UPC....

I know but the appeal of 120mb bb was too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I have heard of this being a common problem. I have UPC but not the Horizon box as I like to keep Heli in a job !

Its seemingly down to the security settings. You need to phone UPC and HOPE you get someone who know what they are talking about !

Berty44 wrote: »
    I have heard of this being a common problem. I have UPC but not the Horizon box as I like to keep Heli in a job !

Its seemingly down to the security settings. You need to phone UPC and HOPE you get someone who know what they are talking about !

I've figured it all out. If anyone needs help pm me

USING A WEB
    http://192.168.192.1/

Username
    admin

Password
    admin

Wireless Security use WPA
    TKIP/AES
    you will have to re enter Passphrase password or you can change it if you want

802.11 Mode Use mixed mode 802.11g and 802.11n

Change your SSID Name if you want best its something simple and not to long of a name

Use wireless Channel 1 or 6 or 11
    bandwidth change to 20 MHZ

Also make sure you have ticked the boxes for Multicast and UPnP all boxes in advanced section are ticked

When you finish the above save settings and log out of the webpage by clicking admin lock
    Then turn off XBOX
    Turn off Horizon Box and turn on again let it reboot fully

Turn on your XBOX reset your network settings of xbox and start fresh connection settings to internet on the xbox

Maybe this could be made a sticky, for people changing in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's stuck (strickied?) now. I'll merge it into the Game Charter thread later though as I don't want too many stciky's clogging things up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK, that post is copied to the charter thread now so we only have 3 Stickys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smgy94

empacher wrote: »
    USING A WEB
    http://192.168.192.1/

Username
    admin

Password
    admin

Wireless Security use WPA
    TKIP/AES
    you will have to re enter Passphrase password or you can change it if you want

802.11 Mode Use mixed mode 802.11g and 802.11n

Change your SSID Name if you want best its something simple and not to long of a name

Use wireless Channel 1 or 6 or 11
    bandwidth change to 20 MHZ

Also make sure you have ticked the boxes for Multicast and UPnP all boxes in advanced section are ticked

When you finish the above save settings and log out of the webpage by clicking admin lock
    Then turn off XBOX
    Turn off Horizon Box and turn on again let it reboot fully

Turn on your XBOX reset your network settings of xbox and start fresh connection settings to internet on the xbox

Maybe this could be made a sticky, for people changing in the future?
    I got my xbox connected to the wifi but now my laptops can't connect to the wifi ?

Advertisement