Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Zyxel P-660 ADSL2+

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

It could just be wireless interference, login to the router and change wireless channel. Use inssider to see what channels are already in use nearby and select one well away from them with least interference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

smee again wrote: »
    It could just be wireless interference, login to the router and change wireless channel. Use inssider to see what channels are already in use nearby and select one well away from them with least interference

Thanks for that, but the router is years old. The password is long gone.

I did the inssider thing and i am on Channel 11. There are no other signals though, only the Zyxel one.

Thanks for that, but the router is years old. The password is long gone.

I did the inssider thing and i am on Channel 11. There are no other signals though, only the Zyxel one.

Change it to channel 1 or 6 and see how it works

Change it to channel 1 or 6 and see how it works

How do i do that?

How do i do that?

You'll have to login to it, have a search on here, i think the ip address is 192.168.1.254

• Advertisement

You'll have to login to it, have a search on here, i think the ip address is 192.168.1.254

That is the problem. I can log in with 'admin', but not new options to change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

if it is eircoms p660 router and you are in contract you can get a new one for free, call up their tech support and explain you've tried all channels, there is a new modem out (d1000) which has far better signal strength

Nope, i am currently with Vodafone, so the password is 'vodafone@vodafone.ie' and password is 'broadband'

Bought an On Networks router just for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

If logging in with 'admin' as the password doesn't show you any options, it's not the correct password.

Common default password for a lot of those ISP-supplied Zyxels would be 1234. Worth a shot if you're still trying to rectify it.

roast wrote: »
    If logging in with 'admin' as the password doesn't show you any options, it's not the correct password.

Common default password for a lot of those ISP-supplied Zyxels would be 1234. Worth a shot if you're still trying to rectify it.

Decided to ditch the Zyxel for the On Networks one.

Yeh, the admin thing got me into the Zyxel, but no options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement