Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black smoke

Options
  • 09-11-2013 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I was driving from Dublin to Limerick tonight (Friday) and just before the Maldron Midway hotel there was a giant smokestack emitting the most voluminous and obnoxious clouds of smoke , even though it was a relatively dark night the smoke was so black it stood out like giant clouds against the night sky. The time was around 12.40 am .

Can anyone tell what the place is ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

don't worry about that at all, that's just mings residence, they usually have a crowd over for a smoke party every friday night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

That's beyond our borders. You must never go there, Simba.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I liked your post for the use of the word 'voluminous'. OP. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

marienbad wrote: »
    I was driving from Dublin to Limerick tonight (Friday) and just before the Maldron Midway hotel there was a giant smokestack emitting the most voluminous and obnoxious clouds of smoke , even though it was a relatively dark night the smoke was so black it stood out like giant clouds against the night sky. The time was around 12.40 am .

Can anyone tell what the place is ?
    More than likely from Laois sawmills. They've a massive chimney stack that emits huge amounts of smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    More than likely from Laois sawmills. They've a massive chimney stack that emits huge amounts of smoke

Ok , thanks. But why at such an hour I wonder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Was probably the black smoke when they were trying to elect Roy Keane as the Ireland manager. There was white smoke about an hour later when he became assistant to Martin O'Neill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

marienbad wrote: »
    Ok , thanks. But why at such an hour I wonder ?

Maybe the place is open 24/7 I'm not sure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Dtp1979 wrote: »

The smoke from the Laois Sawmills usually looks white, might even be steam?

Does seem to operate at very early and late hours.

Advertisement