Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of painting inside house...??

• 09-11-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Want to get the whole inside painted for christmas..:rolleyes:..3 bed semi....all walls, ceilings, doorframes, skirting etc....i can supply the paint...any ideas of cost...??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Want to get the whole inside painted for christmas..:rolleyes:..3 bed semi....all walls, ceilings, doorframes, skirting etc....i can supply the paint...any ideas of cost...??

About 1800 - 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Manor26

Price should be @1600 that's with paint supplied (dulux)and I'm a painter,any more your been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Manor26 wrote: »
    Price should be @1600 that's with paint supplied (dulux)and I'm a painter,any more your been done.

How can you possibly say 1600 and anymore your getting done if you havnt seen the job. Is there multiple colours? Feature wall? Stains? Extensive prep? Etc etc.

Also every company will have different costs and overheads. Hence different prices. Different customers will have different expectations. If they want a reputable company that shows up when then say, offer a written contract, references and do a very good job, that will cost a little more than somebody working for cash under the table.

Most people get that, however some will always go with the cheapest price. And there will always be somebody willing to do it cheaper. Race to the bottom.

Op try and recieve multiple quotes and compare apples with apples.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Plus if the house is being lived in, you have carpets and floors to cover and lots of furniture to move. You may have a room currently painted red that takes five coats to cover.

Hard to give anything but a guide price without seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

About 1800 - 2k.

Thats about what i figured...2k......The house will be empty of people for two weeks...just furniture in the way....painting over whats already there, same colours....I'll get a couple of quotes as you suggest first....;)

Thanx.

• Advertisement

Of course the house would have to be viewed first but taking in to account is a 3 bed, cost of paint I pass on as I get it trade price ,your B&Q and woodies far to dear and you only have a choice wants on display,there is colortrend and farrow and ball also.

Also make sure who ever you get has insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Not having a go manor but if your not marking up the price of the paint your going to the paint shop for free.

Personally I mark paint and supplies up by 15%. Fully explain to the customer on estimate of this, but if they want to go and buy it themselves they have that option. Of course they will then pay full retail and cost their time also.

With my discount and mark up its still cheaper than retail most of the time. 90% of customers just want to pick colours and thats it.

Advertisement