Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin man takes swing at Bertie.... with his crutch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

brilliant news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

dmc17 wrote: »
    He was democratically elected before he rode the country up the arse. Hindsight is the foresight of a gob****e.

That's bull. He was returned 3 times despite stories of dig-outs and corruption.

Those who voted for FF during those times have to be prepared to shoulder some of the blame.

Can't stand Aherne but he is entitled to go for a pint without being assaulted or verbally abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

would have been better if he took a swing at bertie with his crotch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Henlars67 wrote: »
    That's bull. He was returned 3 times despite stories of dig-outs and corruption.

Those who voted for FF during those times have to be prepared to shoulder some of the blame.

Can't stand Aherne but he is entitled to go for a pint without being assaulted or verbally abuse.

you must be mistaken. there was no corruption. he won it on a horse and the rest of it he borrowed from paddy the plasterer.iirc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Speaking to the Irish Independent afterwards, Mr Connolly explained that he had been sitting at the bar having a "quiet pint" when Bertie and his friends came in "with sandwiches".

Fcuking cheek of that Bertie, sauntering into saloons thinkin' he's the big man with his sandwiches and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

What an arseholey cowardly thing to do, crutch guy should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

The former Taoiseach is still a regular in Fagan's, his local pub in Drumcondra, near to his home and across the road from his former constituency office of St Luke's.

Mr Ahern no longer has a garda driver, since the privilege was removed from former Taoisigh two years ago after the coalition Government came to office.

Does anyone else think these 2 sentences seem to be hinting at something?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Henlars67 wrote: »

I'll agree with the assault bit but the fcuker deserves to hear how he fcuked up this country again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Shame he didn't shove it up his back passage on account of bertie raping the country.

• Advertisement

There are conflicting reports in the Indo as to what happened. One says Bertie was hit on the head, but in another report, a bystander says that the man hit the bar with the crutch. Either way, the man is a prat for acting as he did. Love Bertie or hate him, he is as entitled as the man who assaulted him, to have a quiet drink with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I like the pic. Yer man looks like something from the wild west after shooting an outlaw or a coyote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Haha he looks like some sort of wannabe gangster holding it like a shotgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The pub looks like a dump and it's in Marlborough St, strange place for him to be, no sympathy for the arrogant c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Fair play to him wish him the best of luck a hero in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

dmc17 wrote: »
    He was democratically elected before he rode the country up the arse. Hindsight is the foresight of a gob****e.

In 2002 and 2007 people knew exactly what the Ahern government were doing and would do but still agreed with it. There's about a million people who need a whack of a crutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What an arseholey cowardly thing to do, crutch guy should be ashamed of himself.

Do nothing, you're a mouth piece and a coward.
    Do something, you're an arsehole and a coward.

Sure, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

a few things leap out at me anyway, he had his own sambos, saaying the good old days and bursting out laughing, me and my walking stick would have done the same, but with one difference, he would have had the end of it forcefully pushed into his solar plexus, a lot better than taking a wild swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

SV wrote: »
    Do nothing, you're a mouth piece and a coward.
    Do something, you're an arsehole and a coward.

Sure, sure.

There is a big difference between screaming your head off at someone and trying to hit them with a crutch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

flutered wrote: »
    a few things leap out at me anyway, he had his own sambos, saaying the good old days and bursting out laughing, me and my walking stick would have done the same, but with one difference, he would have had the end of it forcefully pushed into his solar plexus, a lot better than taking a wild swing.

You would have done nothing. Probably another one who benefited from tax cuts, pension increases etc. A BIG MOUTH ON A KEYBOPARD AND SUCKING UP TO THE POLITICIANS WHEN THEY CALL TO YOUR DOOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

The picture of Bertie in the Indo today, taken yesterday in daylight, so presumably before the pub incident, shows Bertie using a crutch himself.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bertie-ahern-attacked-with-crutch-in-pub-29740418.html

I wonder where the Indo got the picture? Were they coincidentally waiting outside his house yesterday to photograph him in his new anorak? Bit weird.

Bit strange that both Bertie and the other guy had a crutch. Would have been good if Bertie defended himself with his crutch, and they had a crutch fight back and forward acorss the floor of the pub, swashbuckling style.

Edit: Maybe it was Bertie's crutch that the guy hit him with, and he held onto it afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

What, no gun in the crutch trick? A pie in the face is more stylish anyhow, I think.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/no-penalty-for-pie-attack-on-ahern-26024856.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

public servant retirement party

WE are picking up the tab, I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Connolly said "I wanted my day in court with Bertie".

Imagine it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

He blamed Bertie for putting 30k on each of his kids. So Bertie personally held a gun to their heads and made them take money.

Drunken gob****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

baldbear wrote: »
    He blamed Bertie for putting 30k on each of his kids. So Bertie personally held a gun to their heads and made them take money.

Drunken gob****e.

You don't understand how national debt works do you. Your a typical fianna fail voter!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

baldbear wrote: »

Drunken gob****e.

Er, that 30k applies to all of us, everyone in the country, yourman was talking about the national debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Did anyone else come into this thread hoping for a gif of Bertie taking a crutch to the head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

I,m surprised it didn't happen sooner to be honest. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have been surprised if he got a real battering but it seems to me the climate of rage has largely dissipated and has been replaced by the more traditional resignation once more.

Obviously the guy who attempted to attack him is a complete moron both to have done that and to stand their gurning with his poxy crutch for the Indo as if he had done something meaningful and worthwhile. All this idiot has done is given ammunition for the GRA and their friend Stephen Rae to try and get the garda drivers back which if it happens will cost us even more.

Having said that I,m not too worried about Bertie Aherns of all peoples peace of mind.

Advertisement