Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin man takes swing at Bertie.... with his crutch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I wonder how many people now days sit in a pub and laugh about the good old days. Probably not many with families and friends broken up due to emigration. Pubs up and down the country in towns and villages closed. Others worried about bills and could have debt collecters upon their backs. Others with banks overseeing their spending.

If he wants a quite drink he should sit at home and have it. Bertie Ahern deserves every bit of scorn aimed in his direction and much, much more besides. There isn't a corner of Ireland outside the four walls of his house that man is entitled to a bit of peace in.

Could he not go to the Dail bar or is that only for current politicians in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Only issue I have with this man is he has never once shown any remorse for what he did, it's all just a big old laugh to Bertie, he should have been hanged for treason as that is what he did, he betrayed all of us and his parents and all those that fought with them to protect this nation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Only issue I have with this man is he has never once shown any remorse for what he did, it's all just a big old laugh to Bertie, he should have been hanged for treason as that is what he did, he betrayed all of us and his parents and all those that fought with them to protect this nation.

Bertie has agreed to join boards to give he's side of the story, but only if he can have your username!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Just saw the headline on todays Sun in my local shop.Yer mans mother is calling him "the villiage idiot" on the front page .
    Fcukin eejit.
    http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/

• Advertisement

Just saw the headline on todays Sun in my local shop.Yer mans mother is calling him "the villiage idiot" on the front page .
    Fcukin eejit.
    http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/

I saw that too and laughed so loud

Bertie is pyschopath IMO. He's never going to show remorse for fcuking Ireland up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If he wants a quite drink he should sit at home and have it. Bertie Ahern deserves every bit of scorn aimed in his direction and much, much more besides. There isn't a corner of Ireland outside the four walls of his house that man is entitled to a bit of peace in.

It's Sad the people have this opinion.

Would he be allowed to buy it in the off-licence himself?

But please continue to sit behind your computer and have this opinion - if you really felt this much anger you would have been down in Fagan's with your mates showing him exactly how you feel.

We have thousands of youth leaving the country, we have cuts and more cuts, we have taxes and more taxes since FG/labour came to power. But who cares - NO ONE, likewise when Bertie was in power - no one cared what he did. People just moan and moan and sit on their ass instead of doing something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

sounds like a good party, bertie and a load of senior civil servants laughing about the good old days. ie laughing at the Irish citizens who pay their vulgar pensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

WTF is it with the amount of people going around on crutches in Dublin these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bertie has agreed to join boards to give he's side of the story, but only if he can have your username!

Ok if he gives me a couple of brown envelopes he can have my username.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Does anyone else think these 2 sentences seem to be hinting at something?

Most definitely! Rónán Mullen suddenly upping and saying
    that the security arrangements for former taoisigh should
    be reviewed!! Too much of a coincidence all these reports
    about attacks on Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If I was given a gun loaded with 2 bullets and locked in a room with Bertie, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden and not allowed to come out until I had emptied the gun, I'd shoot Bertie twice.

In case any Fianna Fáilers are reading this, that's called a joke, and not a threat on Bertie's life so you can reinstate some of his old perks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I wonder how many people now days sit in a pub and laugh about the good old days. Probably not many with families and friends broken up due to emigration. Pubs up and down the country in towns and villages closed. Others worried about bills and could have debt collecters upon their backs. Others with banks overseeing their spending.

There are some of us who used the opportunities of those years and made good money which was invested wisely while other gob****es thought they were great investing in apartments in Bulgaria.
    It's easy to blame Ahern but a lot of people who squandered their money in those days should look in the mirror and ask "What the f... was I thinking of"

If some piss artist thinks he will make a name for himself by attacking Bertie Ahern he has a sad life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If I was given a gun loaded with 2 bullets and locked in a room with Bertie, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden and not allowed to come out until I had emptied the gun, I'd shoot Bertie twice.

The clever thing to do is get them into a three way fight to the death with the promise of release for the survivor. Than you can just break the promise at the end. Who's to know? :pac:

It does surprise me that there aren't any more concerted efforts at retribution against ex-politicians. With all the corruption he's gotten away with and all the people angry at him he seems to be getting away very lightly.

I wouldn't do anything to him on the street, but jail time for him would be nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

Might be able to kill all three. Berties face behind Osamas neck takes the bullet exiting Osamas head from the shot you fire into his mouth.

That leaves you with one bullet for Adolf. God knows why you'd want to kill him though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He's so slimy the bullet would slide off him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

he is a sniveling little scum bag , and i am so surprised no one has clocked the little ****er before this , and not just him , but the rest of those FF bandits

and can i make suggestion - can it be made a site ban offence to utter the phrase " no one forced them to take them money/car/house " and " only a fool could not see what was coming "

im getting sick of these financial geniuses after the fact - smug ****ers
    opinions are like arseholes - and AH is full of this particular type of arsehole

dj jarvis wrote: »
    he is a sniveling little scum bag , and i am so surprised no one has clocked the little ****er before this , and not just him , but the rest of those FF bandits

and can i make suggestion - can it be made a site ban offence to utter the phrase " no one forced them to take them money/car/house " and " only a fool could not see what was coming "

im getting sick of these financial geniuses after the fact - smug ****ers
    opinions are like arseholes - and AH is full of this particular type of arsehole

Most people were talking about the crash coming at the time, but people didn't want to listen. It's like at the election - you didn't believe FG when they said it was going to get better did you?

You come across as very angry - should take a chill pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

bluefinger wrote: »
    it would be interesting to see the reaction here if the headline read traveller takes swing at bertie with bottle, i'd imagine the cognitive dissonance would cause this site to explode.

...defended by Irish-speaking Roma

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Most people were talking about the crash coming at the time, but people didn't want to listen. It's like at the election - you didn't believe FG when they said it was going to get better did you?

You come across as very angry - should take a chill pill.

simplified answer , easy to say " should have seen it coming " , but in reality what were familys who needed housing supposed to do ? all just wait to see what happens ? live in the mothers box room ? rent , even if renting was nearly double what a mortgage was , while having full employment , with decent prospects

so MOST people were talking about the crash at the time ? were they ? i was around at the time , and i only remember a small few who were warning , and they were routinely ridiculed , shouted down , and got little or no air time , but according to you MOST knew.

again , after the fact , it so so easy , and trust me , far from angry , just tired of reading ****e from armchair economist , who more than likely did not need to buy a house , becasue they already had one , were in 3rd level or living in their mammys

but will use the excuse " i knew better " , i say balls to that

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Title should read:

FORMER TAOISEACH IN BAR BRAWL WITH DISABLED MAN

simplified answer , easy to say " should have seen it coming " , but i reality what were familys who needed housing supposed to do ? all just wait to see what happens ? live in the mothers box room ? rent , even if renting was nearly double what a mortgage was , while having full employment , with decent prospects

so MOST people were talking about the crash at the time ? were they ? i was around at the time , and i only remember a small few who were warning , and they were routinely ridiculed , shouted down , and got little or no air time , but according to you MOST knew.

again , after the fact , it so so easy , and trust me , far from angry , just tired of reading ****e from armchair economist , who more than likely did not need to buy a house , becasue they already had one , were in 3rd level or living in their mammys

but will use the excuse " i knew better " , i say balls to that

So when the contracts where signed for all the loans, did people not read them and think what will happen if I lose my job? FF did a lot wrong, but individuals up to the neck in debt are there for their own reasons, - supply/demand cause the increase in house prices - sure we see it now - people paying over 100k more than asking price for 3 bedroom houses in Dublin because their is a shortage.

[QUOTE=Ace2007;87442274]So when the contracts where signed for all the loans, did people not read them and think what will happen if I lose my job? FF did a lot wrong, but individuals up to the neck in debt are there for their own reasons, - supply/demand cause the increase in house prices - sure we see it now - people paying over 100k more than asking price for 3 bedroom houses in Dublin because their is a shortage.[/QUOTE]

so you are choosing to ignore that there was full employment at the time , with good prospects , and good wages , these are the criteria most people use when applying for a house loan , no one knows what the future holds , but i can assure you , the majority of people buying did not see the TOTAL collapse of the job market , expect for the financial wizards who frequent AH that is

the world does not stop , people have family's , they have kids , they need housing , as i said , and asked 3 times now , can you tell me what these people should have done , in the middle of a jobs boom that was in its tenth year , sit and wait ? dont be silly , the real world at the time is a far cry from today behind the keyboard

and keeping with the thread , scum bag bertie was at the helm , he was a ****ty leader , with ****ty ministers , and i am surprised someone has not taken the little prick down
    and no , i have never voted or ever will vote for FF , so it cant be my fault , can it ?

so you are choosing to ignore that there was full employment at the time , with good prospects , and good wages , these are the criteria most people use when applying for a house loan , no one knows what the future holds , but i can assure you , the majority of people buying did not see the TOTAL collapse of the job market , expect for the financial wizards who frequent AH that is

the world does not stop , people have family's , they have kids , they need housing , as i said , and asked 3 times now , can you tell me what these people should have done , in the middle of a jobs boom that was in its tenth year , sit and wait ? dont be silly , the real world at the time is a far cry from today behind the keyboard

and keeping with the thread , scum bag bertie was at the helm , he was a ****ty leader , with ****ty ministers , and i am surprised someone has not taken the little prick down
    and no , i have never voted or ever will vote for FF , so it cant be my fault , can it ?

I am not choosing to ignore anything, If I was taking out a loan for 300k+ I would be sure to stop and think, what happens if I lose my job, what will happen to my family, but people didn't stop to think - they just jumped in at the deep end with the family and no arm bands, hoping that the wave keep them afloat.

Maybe no body has "taken him down " is because they understand and accept that they are in the position because of their own choices.

Being in Debt is a personal fault because of outside factors.

On the flip side, the government cutting hospital budgets, is something that would anger more people is cause this is not of their making but they have to put up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭glass_onion

Morgan kelly in 2007 predicted the disaster-

I am not choosing to ignore anything, If I was taking out a loan for 300k+ I would be sure to stop and think, what happens if I lose my job, what will happen to my family, but people didn't stop to think - they just jumped in at the deep end with the family and no arm bands, hoping that the wave keep them afloat.

Maybe no body has "taken him down " is because they understand and accept that they are in the position because of their own choices.

Being in Debt is a personal fault because of outside factors.

On the flip side, the government cutting hospital budgets, is something that would anger more people is cause this is not of their making but they have to put up with it.

but that is the point

people tend to think , and they tend to need indications that they would or could lose their jobs , and between 2000 and 2006 there was full employment with little or no indication was was coming and to what scale,

using your logic , no one would ever take out a house loan , becasue they might lose a job , or even both become unemployed ,
    life is full of risks , and taking out 300k is one of them , but with the way the economic climate was at the time , it would look like not a bad risk to take

and as i keep saying , people have to live somewhere , its an open market , you want to buy a house , you have to borrow , i would wager , it a chance your parents took at some stage , if they did not have social housing

were they stupid for taking the very same risk to provide a house to live in ?

dont really want to side track this thread , so im leaving it here
    just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Hate this kind of stuff when it happens to people who aren't crooks but simply politicians, e.g. Pat Rabbitte, Joan Burton. But Bertie deserved it. Lol at "They came in with sandwiches" . Good god... sandwiches?!! :eek: :pac:
    Na, he was elected at a time when anyone with a tiny iota of cop-on would see what way the country was headed.

The country got what it deserved.
    Not the entire country in fairness.
    Santa Cruz wrote: »
    You would have done nothing. Probably another one who benefited from tax cuts, pension increases etc. A BIG MOUTH ON A KEYBOPARD AND SUCKING UP TO THE POLITICIANS WHEN THEY CALL TO YOUR DOOR.
    Nearly as bad-ass as typing a load of presumptions in caps.
    We have thousands of youth leaving the country, we have cuts and more cuts, we have taxes and more taxes since FG/labour came to power. But who cares - NO ONE, likewise when Bertie was in power - no one cared what he did. People just moan and moan and sit on their ass instead of doing something about it.
    Of course people care - for starters you do. Why say "no one" does? And what are you doing about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Banks are at fault they should not have given the loans simples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Ahh poor Bertie he deserves a Garda driver and a state car!

Advertisement