Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin man takes swing at Bertie.... with his crutch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Jester252 wrote: »
    Good to see you victim blaming

Bertie is a victim? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Cienciano wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more. Bertie ran this country into the ground. OK, he was voted in, but it was built on lies. Bertie, (along with plenty of others) are the reason so many peoples lives are a misery. He's the main reason so many families are split up because of emigration. The reason people are struggling to find work, or are just stuck in one of the hundreds of thousands of poxy situations.
    And people are worried that this piece of shíte can't enjoy a pint in the pub? Jesus wept. The guy shouldn't have a seconds peace when he goes out in public.

So the world recession had no effect on Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So the world recession had no effect on Ireland?

Yep, can see how the crooks will always have a vote!

Yep, can see how the crooks will always have a vote!

And I look at the bigger picture, the world recession was going to affect Ireland and it didn't matter who was in power. Had society as a whole not being living on Credit then we wouldn't have been affected as much - blame the banks - blame the regulator - but you can't put it all on one man like you are.

We have a situation now where banks won't lend money - and people are giving out, so it's damned if you do and damned if you don't in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

SV wrote: »
    Bertie is a victim? LOL

Of attempted assault. I don't see the funny side of it I doubt you would be laughing if your mother was attacked with a crutch.

• Advertisement

And I look at the bigger picture, the world recession was going to affect Ireland and it didn't matter who was in power. Had society as a whole not being living on Credit then we wouldn't have been affected as much - blame the banks - blame the regulator - but you can't put it all on one man like you are.

We have a situation now where banks won't lend money - and people are giving out, so it's damned if you do and damned if you don't in ireland

Did the world recession force the hundreds of thousands in cash that bertie received from 'collections'?

He's a bloody crook who wrecked a country to enrich he's crooney developer friends and himself!

Did the world recession force the hundreds of thousands in cash that bertie received from 'collections'?

He's a bloody crook who wrecked a country to enrich he's crooney developer friends and himself!

No it didn't but then again when this was all happening - no one was complaining - he wasn't been attacked and sent ropes in the post. In fact everyone was loving the Celtic tiger and the boom years after.

But when it all went bad and people were in a mess they looked for someone to blame - and who better than the Taoiseach. But like I've said before in this thread, if people really do blame him and hate him as much as you say - why hasn't he been attacked in the last few years?

Or is it actually a case that people realise that they are up to their eyes in debt because of choices they made themselves personally and as a result don't result to violence?

Of attempted assault. I don't see the funny side of it I doubt you would be laughing if your mother was attacked with a crutch.

If my mother had done what Bertie has done then I'd be ashamed to call her my mother and would have disowned her long ago. So tbh I probably wouldn't give a shít!

If my mother had done what Bertie has done then I'd be ashamed to call her my mother and would have disowned her long ago. So tbh I probably wouldn't give a shít!

Keep advocating victim blaming. Regardless of what someone done nobody should be attacked with a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Seachmall wrote: »
    It's not how he got into office people take issue with, it's what he did while in office that many dislike him for.

Well he did ride in on the coattails of Mr.Haughey ,that bothers me. Some may say he learnt from 'the best'. Rats. Lots and lots of rats came into office via charlie.

• Advertisement

Keep advocating victim blaming. Regardless of what someone done nobody should be attacked with a weapon.

In the case of Bertie..yeah I think I will advocate it. Fully deserved and fair play to yer man, it was a good effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Elephant Man from china

I heard the crackpot that did this on jooooooooooooooooe Duffy the other day. He seemed like he was posed in the middle of the day. Joe had to even ask him if he was.

Whether you think Bertie needs a slap or not, this guy going on national radio an d getting air time was a disgrace. I hope the cops pick him up..

No it didn't but then again when this was all happening - no one was complaining - he wasn't been attacked and sent ropes in the post. In fact everyone was loving the Celtic tiger and the boom years after.

But when it all went bad and people were in a mess they looked for someone to blame - and who better than the Taoiseach. But like I've said before in this thread, if people really do blame him and hate him as much as you say - why hasn't he been attacked in the last few years?

Or is it actually a case that people realise that they are up to their eyes in debt because of choices they made themselves personally and as a result don't result to violence?

Thankfully I don't have any debt!

Doesn't mean I can't see bertie for the underhand rat he was!!

I heard the crackpot that did this on jooooooooooooooooe Duffy the other day. He seemed like he was posed in the middle of the day. Joe had to even ask him if he was.

Whether you think Bertie needs a slap or not, this guy going on national radio an d getting air time was a disgrace. I hope the cops pick him up..
    Duffy should not have left him on the air if he was drunk, the man obviously has problems from what I heard of it!

Duffys own brother had an addiction problem, and I don't recall him ever having he's brother on the show questioning him as to why he was going around robbing houses.

Duffys show is turning into the equivelant of jeremy kyle on the radio. He whips up a fake storm to frighten the life out of he's listeners then sits back and waits for the calls.

In the case of Bertie..yeah I think I will advocate it. Fully deserved and fair play to yer man, it was a good effort!

Who are you to say if someone deserves to be attacked with a crutch? Can I go around attacking people I don't like? This guy is nothing more than a scumbag who has helped no one with such an act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Guy was on Joe Duffy.

Sounded like an alco.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Elephant Man from china

Duffy should not have left him on the air if he was drunk, the man obviously has problems from what I heard of it!

Duffys own brother had an addiction problem, and I don't recall him ever having he's brother on the show questioning him as to why he was going around robbing houses.

Duffys show is turning into the equivelant of jeremy kyle on the radio. He whips up a fake storm to frighten the life out of he's listeners then sits back and waits for the calls.

Couldn't afgree more, but I record Jeremy Kyle every day probably for the same perverse reasons that I listen to joooooooooooooooooooooe

Who are you to say if someone deserves to be attacked with a crutch? Can I go around attacking people I don't like? This guy is nothing more than a scumbag who has helped no one with such an act.
    I'm eh...me? and I say that I think it's deserved? Who are you to say it's not?
    You're more than welcome to if you want!

lol, yep, a great man!

I'm eh...me? and I say that I think it's deserved? Who are you to say it's not?
    You're more than welcome to if you want!

lol, yep, a great man!

Utter rubbish
    Under your logic its okay to attack someone if you think they deserve it? So did the women who was rape deserve it because of what she wore? Did the baby shaken to dead deserve it because he won't stop crying? Can I just attack someone on the street because I think they deserve it?
    The one power that can pass judgement on someone is the court and even than being attaching with a crutch is not allowed as a sentence.
    Supporting such a violent act is scumbaggery of the highest order

Utter rubbish
    Under your logic its okay to attack someone if you think they deserve it? So did the women who was rape deserve it because of what she wore? Did the baby shaken to dead deserve it because he won't stop crying? Can I just attack someone on the street because I think they deserve it?
    The one power that can pass judgement on someone is the court and even than being attaching with a crutch is not allowed as a sentence.
    Supporting such a violent act is scumbaggery of the highest order

I didn't say it's okay, I said you're more than welcome to. I can't stop you.
    If I think it's deserved then I'd support it 100%, all of those things you mentioned..I just..good god you're either trolling hard or have no sense of perspective.
    btw, none of those examples did anything wrong, did they? I know you've got a bit of a chubby for Bertie going but seriously, the man did plenty wrong, from anyones perspective.

Scumbaggery of the highest order? lol, cop on would ya.

• Advertisement

I didn't say it's okay, I said you're more than welcome to. I can't stop you.
    If I think it's deserved then I'd support it 100%, all of those things you mentioned..I just..good god you're either trolling hard or have no sense of perspective.
    btw, none of those examples did anything wrong, did they? I know you've got a bit of a chubby for Bertie going but seriously, the man did plenty wrong, from anyones perspective.

Scumbaggery of the highest order? lol, cop on would ya.

Cop on to what? You're the one supporting members of public who go around and appoint themselves judge, jury and executioner. Assault is assault no if, and or buts about it

Cop on to what? You're the one supporting members of public who go around and appoint themselves judge, jury and executioner. Assault is assault no if, and or buts about it

Cop on to saying that supporting some lad trying to hit a scumbag a belt of a crutch is scumbaggery itself.
    Troll harder, much harder.

Cop on to saying that supporting some lad trying to hit a scumbag a belt of a crutch is scumbaggery itself.
    Troll harder, much harder.

Its scumbaggery to support anyone who commits a violent crime against another person. You may not like hearing the truth but sometimes the truth hurts. Nobody has the right to attack anybody else regardless of who the person is.

Its scumbaggery to support anyone who commits a violent crime against another person. You may not like hearing the truth but sometimes the truth hurts. Nobody has the right to attack anybody else regardless of who the person is.

Not who the person is, what the person has done.
    They may not have the right to do it by the law of the land but I'll still support it all the way.

I assume you also think it's scumbaggery for, say a father to attack a man who had raped and murdered his child? I can only guess you do.

They may not have the right to do it by the law of the land but I'll still support it all the way.

I assume you also think it's scumbaggery for, say a father to attack a man who had raped and murdered his child? I can only guess you do.

How many fathers go around and attack men who have murdered and raped their child - please show where this has happened. In fact for all the murders in Ireland that have happened I don't think I've ever heard of the father of the victim attacking the guilty person.

But please continue to view white collar crime the same as rape.

No one has the right to take the law into their hands. Its scumbaggery to attack any person because you don't like them. One scumbaggery action doesn't cancel out another scumbaggery action.

How many fathers go around and attack men who have murdered and raped their child - please show where this has happened. In fact for all the murders in Ireland that have happened I don't think I've ever heard of the father of the victim attacking the guilty person.

But please continue to view white collar crime the same as rape.

I'm not saying it's the same thing, I'm talking about his train of logic.
    but well done on that.
    No one has the right to take the law into their hands. Its scumbaggery to attack any person because you don't like them. One scumbaggery action doesn't cancel out another scumbaggery action.

So you would view the father as a scumbag then, good to know.
    Keep on trolling :D

your comparing 2 actions and seeing if they are bother scumbag actions - therefore you are implying that if it's scumbag action for one though, it applies to all.

your comparing 2 actions and seeing if they are bother scumbag actions - therefore you are implying that if it's scumbag action for one though, it applies to all.

Which is what Jester37346823756438 is saying, if you'd read. I don't agree.

• Advertisement

Which is what Jester37346823756438 is saying, if you'd read. I don't agree.

So you think Bertie is a scumbag for his white collar crime, but you don't think a father who beats up or even kills a suspect for raping his child is a scumbag?

Advertisement