Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin man takes swing at Bertie.... with his crutch

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So you think Bertie is a scumbag for his white collar crime, but you don't think a father who beats up or even kills a suspect for raping his child is a scumbag?

Yep.

btw I like how you take away the part where in my original post I had said the suspect had raped and murdered the child to just raped and changed the father attacking to attacking and killing. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

SV wrote: »
    Yep.

btw I like how you take away the part where in my original post I had said the suspect had raped and murdered the child to just raped and changed the father attacking to attacking and killing. Very nice.

yea but the key word is suspect - not charged with anything or found guilty by the courts, but you still think it's acceptable for the suspect to be beaten up or killed.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    yea but the key word is suspect - not charged with anything or found guilty by the courts, but you still think it's acceptable for the suspect to be beaten up or killed.

Oh good god.
    Right, assume that it is fact. They have 100% proof that the person did it. :rolleyes:
    It was a hypothetical situation to point out how ridiculous the train of thought was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

So you would view the father as a scumbag then, good to know.
    Keep on trolling :D

An eye for an eye and the whole world is blind. Nobody has the right to attack another person unless it is in self defense. I would view anybody who attacks another person as a scumbag. I also love your use of straw man and name calling just more evidence to back up my initial view of you.

Jester252 wrote: »
    An eye for an eye and the whole world is blind. Nobody has the right to attack another person unless it is in self defense. I would view anybody who attacks another person as a scumbag. I also love your use of straw man and name calling just more evidence to back up my initial view of you.
    Name calling? Where did you see name calling?

Also what was your initial view of me? :)

• Advertisement

Name calling? Where did you see name calling?

Also what was your initial view of me? :)

I suggest you re-read what you post. ;)

I suggest you re-read what you post. ;)

If you can point out the name calling I'd be awful grateful. There isn't any, though, so you're going to have to do something magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

SV wrote:
    Cop on to saying that supporting some lad trying to hit a scumbag a belt of a crutch is scumbaggery itself.
    Troll harder, much harder.
    So you would view the father as a scumbag then, good to know.
    Keep on trolling :D

you're calling him a troll when ye having a debate
    is petty and really devalues your argument

If you can point out the name calling I'd be awful grateful. There isn't any, though, so you're going to have to do something magic.
    :rolleyes:
    So you failed to notice the post where refer to me as a troll or mixing up my username for perceived comedic effect?

So you failed to notice the post where refer to me as a troll or mixing up my username for perceived comedic effect?

You call that name calling? I never called you a troll btw, I said troll harder.
    As in saying, your posts are idiotic, and not that you are an idiot.

ah jaysus, I'm sorry. I didn't realise the numbers meant so much to you.

• Advertisement

I have no respect for anyone that thinks that attackimg someone with a crutch is an acceptable thing to do.

The man was democratically elected, like it or not

And that man also had a duty of care to act in the best interests of the Irish electorate but looking at the situation we're in now it goes without saying we were had big time.
    I dont condone violence but i can understand any expression of anger toward that self serving b@stard.

I do agree that the electorate should have been less gullible to him though

You call that name calling? I never called you a troll btw, I said troll harder.
    As in saying, your posts are idiotic, and not that you are an idiot.

ah jaysus, I'm sorry. I didn't realise the numbers meant so much to you.

Yawn
    When a poster resorts to such childish action, ala name calling, its a perfect sign of that all meaningful debate has been drain from them. Nobody has the right to attack another person nor should such scumbaggery be support.

Yawn
    When a poster resorts to such childish action, ala name calling, its a perfect sign of that all meaningful debate has been drain from them. Nobody has the right to attack another person nor should such scumbaggery be support.

Nobody said anyone had a right to, I was just arguing that I believe it was deserved. Apparently I'm a 'scumbag of the highest order' for that. Right up there with murderers and rapists and the likes. lol, ****ing A, quality stuff.

Nobody said anyone had a right to, I was just arguing that I believe it was deserved. Apparently I'm a 'scumbag of the highest order' for that. Right up there with murderers and rapists and the likes. lol, ****ing A, quality stuff.

Your first sentence contradicts itself and I won't even mention the over exaggeration with the rest of this post.
    Nobody has the right to attack somebody and nobody deserves to be attacked. His action are a perfect example of scumbaggery and support of these action is another example of scumbaggery. Assault is assault regardless of how much his supports what to twist and turn the situation.

Your first sentence contradicts itself and I won't even mention the over exaggeration with the rest of this post.
    Nobody has the right to attack somebody and nobody deserves to be attacked. His action are a perfect example of scumbaggery and support of these action is another example of scumbaggery. Assault is assault regardless of how much his supports what to twist and turn the situation.

No it doesn't. You don't have to have a right to something to believe it is deserved.

Also you said that supporting these actions is scumbaggery of the highest order so no exaggeration. Unless of course you don't believe murderers and rapists are of the highest orders.

Great laughs out of this thread as you try to reword things. So many lols :D

No it doesn't. You don't have to have a right to something to believe it is deserved.

Also you said that supporting these actions is scumbaggery of the highest order so no exaggeration. Unless of course you don't believe murderers and rapists are of the highest orders.

Great laughs out of this thread as you try to reword things. So many lols :D

More over exaggeration. Do you even know what scumbaggery means? If you honestly think murderers and rapists belong in the scumbag category you must have a screw lose. Assault is assault, no two ways around it no matter how hard you try.

More over exaggeration. Do you even know what scumbaggery means? If you honestly think murderers and rapists belong in the scumbag category you must have a screw lose. Assault is assault, no two ways around it no matter how hard you try.

Scumbaggery is not actually a real word but ok. Yeah I'd say they belong in the scumbag category. I didn't realise there was .different classification..what derogatory term would the rapists and murderers go into then?

Lol and no matter how many times you say that thinking you're making some kind of point it's still never going to be the argument I was making.

Brilliant stuff

Scumbaggery is not actually a real word but ok. Yeah I'd say they belong in the scumbag category. I didn't realise there was .different classification..what derogatory term would the rapists and murderers go into then?

Lol and no matter how many times you say that thinking you're making some kind of point it's still never going to be the argument I was making.

Brilliant stuff

Well if scumbaggery is not a "real" word why do you use it? I would use word like vile, abominable, evil, immoral etc. but seem as you support assault I understand why you might have issues. ;)

Why would I make your argument? Committing and supporting assault art acts of utter scumbaggery.
    Assault is assault and no descend person would every support it.

Well if scumbaggery is not a "real" word why do you use it? I would use word like vile, abominable, evil, immoral etc. but seem as you support assault I understand why you might have issues. ;)

Why would I make your argument? Committing and supporting assault art acts of utter scumbaggery.
    Assault is assault and no descend person would every support it.
    I used it because you did, so it was an easy thing to relate back to.

Ahh ok, so just so we get this clear, murderers and rapists are NOT scumbags and to think they are means you..."must have a screw loose" ?
    This is so interesting :D

Never going to be against* the argument I was making I meant to say, I mean you keep going on and on saying "assault is assault" and blah blah blah but it has no relevance, no one has ever denied that.
    You also keep saying "Nobody has a right to assault anyone" and nobody has ever denied that, so why do you keep saying it?

I think, also, as a side post, judging by the amount of typos/autocorrect in that last post you may want to go to bed at this stage.

I used it because you did, so it was an easy thing to relate back to.

Ahh ok, so just so we get this clear, murderers and rapists are NOT scumbags and to think they are means you..."must have a screw loose" ?
    This is so interesting :D

Never going to be against* the argument I was making I meant to say, I mean you keep going on and on saying "assault is assault" and blah blah blah but it has no relevance, no one has ever denied that.
    You also keep saying "Nobody has a right to assault anyone" and nobody has ever denied that, so why do you keep saying it?

I think, also, as a side post, judging by the amount of typos/autocorrect in that last post you may want to go to bed at this stage.

Well seen as you support assault I can understand how scumbags for you are murders and rapists. However to a decent person scumbags are people who commit and support such acts as assault. ;)

The thread is about one man assaulting another man. Can you understand how assault has a relevance or do you need to read the thread title again.
    You support a man who has committed assault. Why do you support such an act if you know its not right?

• Advertisement

Well seen as you support assault I can understand how scumbags for you are murders and rapists. However to a decent person scumbags are people who commit and support such acts as assault. ;)

The thread is about one man assaulting another man. Can you understand how assault has a relevance or do you need to read the thread title again.
    You support a man who has committed assault. Why do you support such an act if you know its not right?

Wait, so you're calling me a scumbag? That's what I'll have to take from that. What was that you'd said about name calling? ;)

It had relevance at the start of the discussion, it has none at the point the discussion is at now.

The act is not right but I believe he deserves it. If you can't get your head around that then I can't help you.

Actually I have that quote about name calling right here
    When a poster resorts to such childish action, ala name calling, its a perfect sign of that all meaningful debate has been drain from them.
    Lol, certainly spot on ;)

Wait, so you're calling me a scumbag? That's what I'll have to take from that. What was that you'd said about name calling? ;)

I never called you anything but feel free to infer what you want.
    It had relevance at the start of the discussion, it has none at the point the discussion is at now.

The act is not right but I believe he deserves it. If you can't get your head around that then I can't help you.

Its still relevance because the discussion is still on the same case. If it had no point in the discussion you would not still be supporting his actions.

Who made you judge, jury and executioner? Nobody deserves to be assaulted by a random person. If you can't get your head around that then nobody can't help you.

I never called you anything but feel free to infer what you want.

Its still relevance because the discussion is still on the same case. If it had no point in the discussion you would not still be supporting his actions.

Who made you judge, jury and executioner? Nobody deserves to be assaulted by a random person. If you can't get your head around that then nobody can't help you.

Bolded bits sunshine, it's as clear as day.

No..No it's not relevant, do you know discussions work? When someone asks you how the weather is and you reply it's raining, you don't add "it's raining" at the end of every single sentence.

I said I think he deserves it. Not that it's a fact he deserves it, no no, nothing like that. Just that I think he deserves it, so how am I pretending or making myself out to be judge jury and executioner?

Nobody can't help me? Rightio then! Double negatives ahoy.
    Coupled with the typos I'm gonna bow out of this one, you're spent. It's been fun though, you have no idea how much you've made me lol :D

Bolded bits sunshine, it's as clear as day.

No..No it's not relevant, do you know discussions work? When someone asks you how the weather is and you reply it's raining, you don't add "it's raining" at the end of every single sentence.

I said I think he deserves it. Not that it's a fact he deserves it, no no, nothing like that. Just that I think he deserves it, so how am I pretending or making myself out to be judge jury and executioner?

Nobody can't help me? Rightio then! Double negatives ahoy.
    Coupled with the typos I'm gonna bow out of this one, you're spent. It's been fun though, you have no idea how much you've made me lol :D

Does a decent normal person support violent crimes? A simple yes or no.
    The only reason I had to add assault is assault is because you seem to believe someone deserves it. Nobody deserves to be assaulted.
    You made yourself the judge jury and executioner when you gave a pass on a violent crime because you think the victim deserved it and challenged others who did not have the same view as you.
    To believe someone deserved to be assaulted is a sign of a small bitter anger man who can't move on. He may have gotten us into this mess but explain how supporting his attacker will do us any favors?

Does a decent normal person support violent crimes? A simple yes or no.
    The only reason I had to add assault is assault is because you seem to believe someone deserves it. Nobody deserves to be assaulted.
    You made yourself the judge jury and executioner when you gave a pass on a violent crime because you think the victim deserved it and challenged others who did not have the same view as you.
    To believe someone deserved to be assaulted is a sign of a small bitter anger man who can't move on. He may have gotten us into this mess but explain how supporting his attacker will do us any favors?

Look you've already made it clear you believe me to be a scumbag of the highest order, you now also believe me to be a small bitter angry man apparently? You're a strange strange person.
    I don't really know what you're getting at.
    I never said it would do any favours, You really need to stop making stuff up, I said I think he deserved it.

btw, judge jury and executioner would mean I was the one who decided he did wrong on my own, was the one who decided I should assault him and meant I was the one who actually assaulted him. That's what that means. So..what?

lol, yeah good luck to ya, this is my last reply. You reply with whatever insults you want, but make sure to add "Assault is assault" to the end of them,

Look you've already made it clear you believe me to be a scumbag of the highest order, you now also believe me to be a small bitter angry man apparently? You're a strange strange person.
    I don't really know what you're getting at.
    I never said it would do any favours, You really need to stop making stuff up, I said I think he deserved it.

Good luck to ya!

Does a decent person support violent crimes?
    How does attacking Bertie do us any good?
    If it doesn't do anything good than why support such a violent act?
    Why do you think he deserves it?

Advertisement