Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you approach a home owner directly?

Options
  • 09-11-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

two questions I suppose, we made an offer on a property on Monday and heard nothing back, is an estate agent obliged to respond to you even if its a no.

also, can you make contact with a home owner directly. I know of a girl who put a bid on a house, and then put a note in the letterbox saying she was interested. the home owners had never received the offer from estate agents.

is this carry on common place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Nothing to stop you contacting the owner directly I guess, especially if you feel that you are being ignored by the agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

You only made the offer on Monday. You need to relax.

The first thing the EA will do is update any other interested parties that there is an offer. This will often provoke a counter offer as others now need to sh1t or get off the pot.

Advertisement