Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you like that nobody else does

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

RopeDrink wrote: »
    It's been hinted that Capcom are starting to finally realize that if they want to stop their sales declining per title, they need to get back to roots, or at least involve the roots in their new 'action formula' - Though whether they follow that through remains to be seen. I can't see RE7 (Action Game) living up to their own expectations anymore, let alone the players.
    RE7 will still be an action game (as you say) at the very least. Seems work started on it before 6 had even come out. Course, they could scrap all that and start again. But assuming they did that, it remains to be seen they do it well. I know people putting a lot of hope in The Evil Within. I'm withholding judgement on that till its out.
    Still, the RE4,5 and 6 games have their moments and Mercenaries alone made my 15euro worth the spend - RE6 was on sale recently for 7euro and will likely continue to be sold cheap in more sales on Steam - But I bet bugger all people bought them even at that price.
    Have a friend who got it. I was offered a loan of it, but haven't been gaming of late, but will do during Christmas, and get a lend of it then.

It's funny, though, I was hearing months of how bad the game is, and then a reversal, and that 6 is better than 5. Would you agree with that? Do you think 6 is better than 5? Not even thinking genre, just think in terms of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to play it yet. I bought it when it first came out, as I know if you wait it'll be a nightmare to find. I didn't have a 3DS at the time, only got a 2DS when that came out. Tales has made the move with me to 4 different places I've moved to in that time. Two of those places I can't go back, but I know I got everything from them. It's in one of the other two places. One in Limerick and one in Cork. No idea where it is. I've given a good look in both places, and have pretty much left it to a "I'll find it eventually" thing now.

Funny thing on what you just posted I have two copies of the game one opened and used quite a lot and another I am keeping for a present for someone I haven't seen in the last year, over the weekend I kinda left home and both copies are probably gone now so I feel your pain, if and when you do find it treasure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

Starhawk (PS3) is possibly the best shooting game I have ever played.
    The graphics may not be fantastic but it is really fun. I really don't know why barely anyone plays it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's funny, though, I was hearing months of how bad the game is, and then a reversal, and that 6 is better than 5. Would you agree with that? Do you think 6 is better than 5? Not even thinking genre, just think in terms of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Bionic Commando (The 2009 re-imagining of the game). Really enjoyed that game, was shocked to see it averaged 69% on Metacritic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How popular is Civilization Revolution? (I imagine its frowned upon by fans of the deeper more complex PC titles). Fúcking love that game, always have it next to my Xbox so I can enjoy playing a game of it & just relax doing so(not enough games designed to do just that imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I really enjoyed that Game of Thrones rpg from last year. Thought the story was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sonic 06. I know its awful, I get so frustrated at it, but god help me I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The biggest crime of 6 was that it felt so generic. Running around with soldiers in a warzone isn't the setting for a Resi game, could be any cut n' paste 3rd person generic shooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sonic 06. I know its awful, I get so frustrated at it, but god help me I love it.

ya I feel the same way. its like watching street fighter movie. It sucks but its a misunderstood classic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It sucks but its a misunderstood classic :pac:

Comparing SF the movie to Sonic 06 is an insult to street fighter the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Comparing SF the movie to Sonic 06 is an insult to street fighter the movie.

sorry-meme-generator-oops-i-m-sorry-72129c.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Oh it is though. There's something about sonic 06. I can't put my finger on it, but its compulsively playable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Bladestorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Mr E wrote: »
    Another would be X-Men Origins Wolverine... Got fairly average (to good) reviews and I loved it.

I loved that game. So much fun. Much better than the movie.

Also liked one of the Spider-man games that got very poor reviews. Can't remember which one though.

Enjoyed Super Paper Mario on the Wii, even though it wasn't as good as the previous two. Couldn't stand the 3ds Paper Mario.

I played through Duke Nukem Forever and enjoyed it somewhat. Now it wasn't a great game or anything but it was a short game that had its moments (when patched up a bit and the 2 weapon limit was gone). Not as bad as people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Alien and Predator games. Because i love the franchise. And the latest Resident Evil games because i only started on Resident Evil 5. But i am collecting the older ones to make up for it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

I loved a FPS called Singularity on the PS3. I don't think it got fantastic reviews but I had great fun playing through it at the time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,082 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Alien and Predator games. Because i love the franchise. And the latest Resident Evil games because i only started on Resident Evil 5. But i am collecting the older ones to make up for it! :p

AVP and AVP2 are very well thought of. It's the latest incarnation that people have a problem with.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Heroes 5 and 6 - Those two brought back the good old Heroes Games. Its a shame series are not popular. I doubt we will see 7 :(

Settlers 7 - Fantastic game, again, brought back fantastic feel and art of 3 and 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,960 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Devil May Cry 4: Okay, obviously not a patch on DMC3, had pretty big character and story problems, and reused too many of the same levels (though you're going though them in the opposite direction with harder enemies etc). But the gameplay was absolutely terrific. The story, while flawed, was still pretty good with moments of brilliance. Enemy design was great and varied. The graphics were glorious at the time. It undoubtedly had its flaws, but it was still a fantastic game. I still much prefer it over the recent reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,082 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Love DMC4 myself. I think I've bought it 3 times at this point. Legendary Dark Knight mode on the PC is amazing and they added the ability to switch styles on the fly which was my only gripe with DMC3's wonderful combat system.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Takes alot for me to finish a game, total commitment issues, but I really enjoyed this. Havent played the second one cause we have it on the 360 and well thats in my brothers room

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FAR CRY 2

I loved it, and couldn't believe the hate online for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    FAR CRY 2

I loved it, and couldn't believe the hate online for it.

Re-spawning checkpoints [/end]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

penev10 wrote: »
    Re-spawning checkpoints [/end]

I see I posted in the right place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Cokeistan wrote: »
    I loved a FPS called Singularity on the PS3. I don't think it got fantastic reviews but I had great fun playing through it at the time

I remember it getting pretty ok reviews. I think the fact that activision did absolutely nothing to promote it was part of the reason it died an early death.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sarumite wrote: »
    I remember it getting pretty ok reviews. I think the fact that activision did absolutely nothing to promote it was part of the reason it died an early death.!

I loved Singularity too. Great story and long campaign, quite bioshock-y too I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wasn't going to mention it considering it sold so well but seeing as it's doing so well in the "Games you hate and eveyone likes thread" , my favourite game of all time is probably Modern Warfare 2, there I've said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain for the PC

Absolutely loved this game when I came out back in 1997. I still have the original disc at home somewhere and play it from time to time.

Not the most cunning or special of RTS types games, but I still think it's a great game, especially further into it and it starts to get really hard.

I think I only know of one person who remembers this game and liked it as much as me.

• Advertisement

aitdbox.jpg

This bad boy. Played it all the way to 1000 GS points, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to survival horror on the xbox 360

Advertisement