Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you like that nobody else does

124»

Comments

Grabbed Never Dead at the weekend and rather enjoying it. From the reviews I expected something truly terrible but the concept was interesting and I figured that at the worst it would kill a few hours for about the same as 2 pints. The gameplay isn't exactly all that interesting and any time you lose your head it gets annoying given how your body loves to fall in a way that makes reattaching the head a chore.

It's a long way from being a great game and isn't one that id be recommending anytime soon but it doesn't deserve that abysmal reviews it got when it first came out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I quite enjoyed Dragon Age 2. Yeah, it was badly designed at times, repeated the same areas over and over (and over) again, and didn't have the best of stories, but still. Combat was fun enough, and kept me entertained for the entire thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

As far as I know, only one other person in Ireland plays Mabinogi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I loved Fuel. I really did!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

from the 360 generation;

Ghostbusters - love this game, got it the Christmas it came out and really enjoyed it. i dont know how it wasnt more popular

Rise of Nightmares - I can understand if people got peed of trying to control this game with the Kinect but with a bit of patience its worth it. Another Christmas day game which i really enjoyed, the environments in the game were really good, a great horror game

Red Faction Guerilla/Armageddon - Dont know if these games were hated but dont think they got the recognition i feel they deserved

Duke Nukem Forever - yes, i went there

• Advertisement

A few older games that come to mind

Castlevania 64
    Rascal - PS1
    Jersey Devil - PS1
    Nightmare Creatures - PS1
    Turok - N64
    Cold Winter - PS2
    Driv3r - PS2
    Adidas Power Soccer - PS1
    Duke Nukem: Time to Kill PS1
    Redneck Rampage - PC
    Sentient - PS1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Did anyone ever play Populas; the beginning? Must of been the only person I know to love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

da gamer wrote: »
    A few older games that come to mind

Castlevania 64
    Rascal - PS1
    Jersey Devil - PS1
    Nightmare Creatures - PS1
    Turok - N64
    Cold Winter - PS2
    Driv3r - PS2
    Adidas Power Soccer - PS1
    Duke Nukem: Time to Kill PS1
    Redneck Rampage - PC
    Sentient - PS1

Turok was a well recieved game on the N64.

Turok 2 even more so becuase of the graphics due to the expansion pak.

But the first one wasnt a game nobody else likes.

I loved both of them. Shooting dinosaurs, how could you not like it. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/turok-dinosaur-hunter

Turok was a well recieved game on the N64.

Turok 2 even more so becuase of the graphics due to the expansion pak.

But the first one wasnt a game nobody else likes.

I loved both of them. Shooting dinosaurs, how could you not like it. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/turok-dinosaur-hunter

It was well received by critics at the time but I remember being the only lad around that liked it. A lot of my mate's who had it or played it hated it for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The Saboteur, bloody loved that game! Nobody else did!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Gandalph wrote: »
    Did anyone ever play Populas; the beginning? Must of been the only person I know to love this game

I had this on the PS1. Thought it was a brilliant game.
    YbFocus wrote: »
    The Saboteur, bloody loved that game! Nobody else did!

I really enjoyed this too. I thought it was a bit cheesy and silly at times but still made for an enjoyable game. Also the only game i think i've played that had an Irish protagonist (although he was more "Oirish" than Irish.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Saboteur was a very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I had this on the PS1. Thought it was a brilliant game.

I feel like I've been searching for you for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I was a pretty vocal critic of it when it came out and still am but I've worked out that I've clocked more hours in DmC than any other game in the series bar DMC3 so clearly NT must have done something right.

• Gandalph wrote: »
    You can buy this on gog I think, great game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Polar101

Final Fantasy XIII
    - People complained about the linear gameplay, but I actually thought those parts were better than the open play area of the game (that had really bad quests). Had great fun playing it.

Majesty 2
    - Never met anyone who likes it, but I must have spent 100 hours on it, one of my favourite games of the last 5 years or so.

Dragon Age 2
    - Thought it was better than the first one. AND I played the first one on PC, and 2 on PS3. I'm proud to admit it too! Just felt DA1 was a bit too slow at times, and in 2 they fixed many of the things I found annoying. They also tried something new with the storytelling. Sure, it had a lot of "you are now entering a Type 1 Dungeon.. for the fourth time", but many games do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just finished killzone shadowfall and I love it. Everyone calling it average shooter, but I don't think it's fair. Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Saboteur was a very good game.

Definitely had it's moments, the art style was cool as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

bust a groove

Carmageddon 64 & forsaken, although they may have been well received?! anyway they took up a good chunk of my life at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I didn't know anyone who played this, i loved it!

MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Psi ops on ps2 and the suffering on xbox1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rossin wrote: »

I played it, and completed it. Think Zelda....if the programmers were on acid.

One of the most bizarre games I've ever played. Cross dressing characters, giant mech fights set to camp music. The intro alone tells you everything you need to know about it.

But it got less crazy as the game went on and you got used to it. It also had a very beautiful snow setting late in the game that was quite nice for a nintendo 64 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Chronicles of Riddick (ps3), operation flashpoint (ps3).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gandalph wrote: »

Me too!

I loved that game.

I remember being stuck on that mission where your shaman gets imprisoned for about 6 months.

Brilliant stuff.
    Loved the little naked barbarian dudes you could turn into followers.

The physics amazed me at the time - tornadoes eating stuff, volcanoes. It was all mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm almost positive Populas came free with some game I bought on origin a while back. The framerate had no cap so it was unplayable

Rossin wrote: »

Mystical ninja was a really good game, didn't get the credit it deserved

Another n64 game which I had great fun with was this.

Chameleon_Twist_Cover_Art.jpg

A great little co op game we spent hours of fun, and fighting, with this one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If it's barking mad games for the N64 you're after Glover is mental.
    Like a cross between Mario 64 and Marble Madness, it's a great game and well worth seeking out.
    Beetle Adventure Racing is worth mentioning although was met with universal acclaim. I'd say relatively few gamers about now have played it at all, think early Need for Speed with laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Test Drive: Off road Wide open on the PS2. Didnt hear of too many people liking that one. Got serious mileage out of it.

Advertisement