Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miracle whip...it freezes! Where can I get it?

Options
  • 09-11-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am getting very organised. I make all my sambos for the work week at the wknd and freeze them. Fan bloody tastic! Just open freezer in the morning, pull out my choice, and it's defrosted at lunchtime. To Br recommended for those who take a packed lunch.

Anyhow am gtting a bit bored with the combos, and was reading here

http://food.unl.edu/web/fnh/freezing-sandwiches

That miracle whip can be used when freezing sandwiches whereas mayo cannot because it splits.

I have trid everywhere to get it. No joy. I will email Kraft foods next week ut just wondered if anyone knows where it is stocked?

BTW, my current sambo combos that I freeze are..

Ham, cheddar
    Corned beef and cream cheese
    Cheese and hummus.
    peanut butter and cheese

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I usually buy it in Dunnes, now it's a few months since I have bought a jar so don't know if they still sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

phormium wrote: »
    I usually buy it in Dunnes, now it's a few months since I have bought a jar so don't know if they still sell it.

I tried a few branches, no go. But thanks, I'll ask them next time I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

IMPORTANT: “Salad dressings,” such as Miracle Whip...

It is just a salad dressing, so you could try another if you can't find it.

It seemed thicker to me than most salad dressings though, it was more like the consistency of mayo.

If it was me I would not add it though. I imagine it would be much better if you could just leave it off and add it just before eating. Just bring the jar into work.

Advertisement