Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North Face - 25% off

• 09-11-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Not advertised on the site, but you get 25% off any orders on http://www.thenorthface.ie/ placed before Monday November 11th.
    It's due to a stocktake they are doing which means that orders will not be shipped until Tuesday.

Code is: 25TNF4YOU121113

I just placed an order, works perfectly.

When you go to checkout, there will be a message giving you the above code, check for yourself!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I've heard about this brand but are they good?

Prices are extreme, is quality extremely good ? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Thanks op - great saving as things are pricey..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tadhgluis

Thanks Kellsred for the post-just saved almost €50 on boots-genuine reduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That nice jacket I wanted is more attainable all of a sudden...thanks OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

198321 wrote: »

The quality of any North Face stuff I have owned has been outstanding. It's expensive gear but it will last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Got a jacket in last year's sale and it keeps me really warm. Really good quality and worth every penny. Also got some comfy slippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have those slippers also. Jaysus they are awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

What's the story with sizes? Can you exchange somewhere if you buy the wrong size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭brightkane

kaji wrote: »

Thats them alright. Like a velvet glove!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

UDP wrote: »
    What's the story with sizes? Can you exchange somewhere if you buy the wrong size?

By the time you return it the sale will be over or item out of stock.

Buy both sizes and return what you don't need for a no questions asked refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I love mine....I got mine for 24 I think in a previous sale, great bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Thanks op got a nice jacket. I already have one of their jackets and there worth every penny the quality is great and its a nice bonus to get 25%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Maybe I should wait. Do they regularly have 50% sales? Think I'll wait maybe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

That's them, just a slightly different colour. Though they were far less than €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Minier81

They have reasonably good sales, not sure how often.... for instant gratification they have a shop in Kildare village!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Tnf brand is well known everywhere and quality is superb. Also if something will be wrong then you have warranty. I'm using TNF stuff since 2001 - jackets, backpacks etc. Highly recommended.

50% is very rare occasion. I wouldn't wait. Just dont buy any TNF on ebay as most stuff there is fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

IMHO the quality of their products is extremely good. I have 2 zip-up tops and a medium-light jacket. They are fantastic pieces of clothing. In fact, one of zip-up tops was bought in 2007, and it's still going strong. The colour or shape hasn't changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Sizing can be tricky when buying online. As a guide that might help someone,I'm traditionally a size large but i'm a size medium in North face clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

code is still working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Code worked today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Seems like a good deal for quality gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Thanks still working... with the discount the prices are the same as in the STATES so thank you for sharing.
    One question though...is it defo a genuine site??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Code still worked. Did say today only in big writing, but don't know how true that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

I ordered a coat thanks to this thread, and it arrived today. There was a story, of course. They emailed me on the Tuesday of stocktake week to say sorry, no stock, which made me sad despite the refund offer to get my 300(!) back. Then the very next day, they emailed to say stock turned up and it was being dispatched so it was too late to refund. I got a confirmation email on Friday plus a tracking number for GLS so I got to cyberstalk my coat on its travels across Europe. My coat, along with its carbon footprint from Belgium, arrived this morning, so 5 days delivery. I actually love it. Happy days.

So yes, it is a real website. My coat has all the right North face labelling, I think?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Bannergal wrote: »
    One question though...is it defo a genuine site??

Yes definitely
    Mushy wrote: »
    Code still worked. Did say today only in big writing, but don't know how true that is!

It's said that since this thread started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Alas, I tried this today and I got the message:
    Coupon code "25TNF4YOU121113" is not valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

15% off at the moment using code TNFHOLIDAYS at checkout

http://www.thenorthface.ie/tnf-ie-en/

also some are cheaper on- http://www.gaynors.co.uk/

delivery is 12 sterling extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Link please! Its coming up as £219 not taking into account 20% discount. Does it come with the 'lagging jacket' insert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Decent discount but as with most things in Ireland, very overpriced gear.

Got a North Face jacket in the summer in an outlet store in Colorado for roughly $100. About 1/3rd the price you'd pay over here for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I was thinking of getting shoes for walking outdoors for my missus. Are there any ones you guys would recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

The Hedgehogs are quite good. I got the gtx variants with the last code. They have a goretex lining for waterproofness. At the cheaper end of the scale too and quite comfy

dixiefly wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting shoes for walking outdoors for my missus. Are there any ones you guys would recommend?

I have hedgehog with gore and shoes are great. I was using different TNF (and Scarpa, Karrimor, Salewa and other) shoes in last 10 years. If you need outdoor shoes then in my opinion you should get pair with gore-tex.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Wait for end of March April, 50% sale. Last year boardies went nuts buying. Savage stuff plus free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

I was debating getting a pair of their slippers for the last few hours. Was going to take the plunge but the TNFHOLIDAYS code is now coming up invalid. Guess I'm not getting them now!

Must keep an eye out for future discounts. The slippers look toastie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

dessierb wrote: »
    Wait for end of March April, 50% sale. Last year boardies went nuts buying. Savage stuff plus free delivery

Thanks, Is there a 50% sale every year at that time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dessierb wrote: »

I got a lovely men's sleeveless gilet/vest in a medium last year. It was about €100 in the shops and I got it for €45. It never fitted the person it was meant for and by the time they told me, it was too late to send it back. It has tags on and I have the reciept so if anyone's interested just on me. It's black and a cross between a fleece and soft shell.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Must keep an eye out for future discounts. The slippers look toastie.

They are amazing, well worth it at a reduced price.

Not only are they very warm and comfortable, but they also have excellent build quality. Most slippers fall apartment after just one year, I expect these to last years and you can also walk around outside with them on thanks to the hard sole *

* Not that I would go for a long walk in them, but perfect if you need to take out the rubbish, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Slippers are great, got them in the last sale, and got himself some for Christmas at full price:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Slippers are excellent. I got two pairs last March in the Sale for a great price. A pair each for my mum and I. My mum's are fine but the stitching on mine has started to come apart... So i have to send them back.

Advertisement