Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butterfly bush

• 09-11-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a butterfly bush I would like to move to a nice sunny part of the garden, can someone please advise best time of year to move it

thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You could move it now, cut it hard back and transplant, they are very hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Novaman

Yes Mick, I would agree with Looksee, you could move it now before the soil gets too cold :eek:

NM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

Hello Mickward

If you havn't already moved your butterfly bush then maybe i could suggest one thing:
    When transplanting larger plants it can be a good idea to be it over 2 phases:

1st dig a trench around the plant you want to move - revealing it's roots & loosening the plant
    2nd Leave for a few weeks to allow young roots recover while still in position before lifting and relocating

Note: have the new planting hole dug and ready before lifting, and be sure to do all this work during the dormant season and on dull or overcast days

Advertisement