Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The happy moment when a lovely boardsie (Brianderunner) asks me to become his wife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

That happy moment when all the A/R crew gets invited to a wedding :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

The happy moment when a lovely boardsie (Brianderunner) asks me to become his wife :D

Pressure on digger now ;)

About 4 years ago I started seeing a guy out running around my area when I was coming home from work. Always around 6pm. 4 years ago he was majorly overweight and hardly moving if I'm honest. Over the years he has slowly dropped the weight and got a little faster. I've seen him at a couple of races particularly the race series. I'm guessing he doesn't know me from Adam as I'm usually in my car.

Anyway this evening I ran from home and passed him out just as I came out of my housing estate. I didn't pay any more heed until just about a mile into my run he sprinted by me full tilt and stopped at the entrance to his estate, absolutely wrecked. I had headphones on and didn't hear him running behind me and actually got a bit of a fright (don't start bitching about headphones ;)). I looked at my watch and I was around 7.30 pace for the first mile. I wanted to shake him by the hand because about 4 years ago that lad was basically slower than my walking pace. Put me in good form for the rest of my run and I'd say he was delighted catching the fcuker in the running leggings and marathon jacket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TRR wrote: »
    Anyway this evening I ran from home and passed him out just as I came out of my housing estate. I didn't pay any more heed until just about a mile into my run he sprinted by me full tilt and stopped at the entrance to his estate, absolutely wrecked. I had headphones on and didn't hear him running behind me and actually got a bit of a fright (don't start bitching about headphones ;)). I looked at my watch and I was around 7.30 pace for the first mile. I wanted to shake him by the hand because about 4 years ago that lad was basically slower than my walking pace. Put me in good form for the rest of my run and I'd say he was delighted catching the fcuker in the running leggings and marathon jacket :)
    The 'ol sneaky sprint, over-take and stop manoeuvre. That's another rave, right there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Hot whiskeys when you have a cold

.....also, hot whiskeys when you don't have a cold;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

TRR wrote: »
    About 4 years ago I started seeing a guy

Interesting rave Fitzy ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Interesting rave Fitzy ;)

I'm not called Dave the rave for nothing and don't knock it til you've tried it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

FA Cup 3rd round

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

First 5 mile run in a 3 week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Taking the Christmas decos down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Watching the colts win tonite :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Boards.ie is back :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

blockic wrote: »
    Boards.ie is back :cool:

That was a bit premature ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

The Swans ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    That was a bit premature ;)

Not the first time that has been said to blockic in the recent past :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Setting out for a meh 5M run and tricking myself into taking the long route with lots of hills to end up with 10M under the belt. (I'm now off to the rant thread to give out about ending up with a very sore swollen big toe a couple of hours after it and I don't know what happened)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Getting a totally new view of the world - by running familiar trails after dark with a headtorch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The wind is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

wrstan wrote: »
    Getting a totally new view of the world - by running familiar trails after dark with a headtorch!
    Let's pray for snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Let's pray for snow!

From rave to raving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Coming home after a 20 mile run and my 13 year old has french toast and coffee all ready for me.

And there's no hidden agenda :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

And there's no hidden agenda (that I know of yet) :)

There is always an agenda, they are just playing the long game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

ecoli wrote: »
    There is always an agenda, they are just playing the long game :D

you're closer to her age than mine so you'd know.............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Rave : The Phoenix park - spent a few hours there today on bikes with the kids - magic (although the 7 yr old is a bit saddle sore !). Followed by a run in Corkagh park as the sun was setting. Great active day. So lucky to have the health to enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

kit3 wrote: »
    Rave : The Phoenix park - spent a few hours there today on bikes with the kids - magic (although the 7 yr old is a bit saddle sore !). Followed by a run in Corkagh park as the sun was setting. Great active day. So lucky to have the health to enjoy it

I hear ya, spent 2 hours tramping through beleek woods with the kids, head to toe in ****e after but it was worth it! Followed by several spins on the go karts Santa brought. Nothing makes you appreciate a dry day like have kids with cabin fever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Finding Spotify

Hitting random play on The Doors and heading out for a long run reconnecting with some great songs I haven't heard in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Finding Spotify

Hitting random play on The Doors and heading out for a long run reconnecting with some great songs I haven't heard in years.
    Enlighten me please, I recently got an I phone which I would like to use for listening to music but don't know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Enlighten me please, I recently got an I phone which I would like to use for listening to music but don't know where to start.

Go to the App Store and download Spotify. It's free for a months trial then 9.99 per month thereafter on portable devices. (It is free on pc) The service allows you to stream music from their library which seems to have 99% of all songs ever recorded. You can search by song by artist or choose pre populated lists / make your own. Well worth it. Check out spotify.com for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

This brought a smile to my face this evening as I was trotting along with about 1 mile left.
    I can see from the far side of the road a guy sprint across the main road to avoid oncoming traffic in both directions and then make his way onto cycle path.
    I'm now running in the opposite direction towards him, he's all legs and arms, football shorts and looking at the ground directly in front. As we get nearer I say 'evening', he looks up, diverts sharply to his right and goes 'holy ****'. We were in different lanes and never going to collide, but he must have been in a world of his own, probably a danger to himself and others - made me chuckle though :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement