Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Go to the App Store and download Spotify. It's free for a months trial then 9.99 per month thereafter on portable devices. (It is free on pc) The service allows you to stream music from their library which seems to have 99% of all songs ever recorded. You can search by song by artist or choose pre populated lists / make your own. Well worth it. Check out spotify.com for details.

+1 x 1000

I like my music and my listening habits have been significantly enhanced by Spotify.
    Well worth the tenner a month if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Try Xbox music too. All the above plus offline play, own song matching and approximately twice the catalog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Lego!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Peckham

F%*king up your Jantastic score....

...because you want to spend time with your newborn son and couldn't be ar$ed with running! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The moon! Look up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ososlo wrote: »
    The moon! Look up!

Look a bit higher. There's Jupiter. Lovely clear night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Look a bit higher. There's Jupiter. Lovely clear night.

Fab night. Perfect for a run. That's the rest day scrapped! Have to go and see Jupiter! Skidaddle..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Being told by the physio I don't have to go back to him.........until the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

That's super cool!

The moon was fab alright, and all the way around I was wondering what the really bright star above it was! So now I know, I wanna go back out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Yep - agree with the others, a brilliant night for running. Only a couple of light showers which were very welcome during a tough session. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Stazza's recent posts on this board. What a great addition to the forum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marathonm@n

Haven't ran in over a year due to illness. The one thing other than the usual things that keeps me going is the fact that when I get better I will get to run again.
    My tongues hanging out watching runners as I go by them ( both male and female)

I miss the feeling of the shower after a run and then been able to relax as my mind is cleared of all the hassles of daily life. I miss the memories of everything associated with my daily runs whether it is the daily battle of whether to go or not (GOING ALWAYS WINS)
    I relish the challenge somewhere down the line when I get back and the pain I will go through to get back hopefully to the fitness levelI was at.

Basically just enjoy your running as much as anyone possibly can and remember on each run ,how lucky you are and how much you miss it when you can't.
    ENJOY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Rave: the 1,000 mile challenge.

Got me out the door at lunchtime when I really just wanted to wallow at my desk (feeling bad at even thinking that after reading the last post :o)
    Determined to complete this challenge this year having failed spectacularly the last three years. Consistency has not been my strong point but 2014=new consistent me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

kit3 wrote: »
    Rave: the 1,000 mile challenge.

Got me out the door at lunchtime when I really just wanted to wallow at my desk (feeling bad at even thinking that after reading the last post :o)
    Determined to complete this challenge this year having failed spectacularly the last three years. Consistency has not been my strong point but 2014=new consistent me
    Just remember.... We're watching you....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Garth Brooks World Tour :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Just remember.... We're watching you....

Yep - that's the problem with putting it out there :p Funny thing is I can't remember what most of my excuses were last year although they seem valid at the time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

blockic wrote: »
    Garth Brooks World Tour :cool:

See Rant thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Guess this could go in the rant thread too but I have a certain self satisfaction about it which makes me post in the rave thread.

Local scumbag approaching thinks it is funny to roll a football out in front of / towards the jogger. Jogger takes a toe punt balloon effort at it and sends it back into local scumbags face.

Jogger 1-0 Scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Ososlo wrote: »
    The moon! Look up!

It was there again this evening! Nice to have something to look at during the dark evening runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

January. I just love this month. Every one else hates it but its the time of the year that the furthest from Christmas. The evenings are getting brighter by the day and I'm training for a big marathon and I'm fit and healthy. Gota love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The undateables on channel 4

Comedy gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Gavlor wrote: »
    The undateables on channel 4

Comedy gold!

TV3 are making a version of that called the unrideables ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thinking i was crazy for wanting to change my long run to a Friday morning instead of Saturday, but then seriously enjoying the peace an quiet of starting a run at 5.30am,

Nice to have a long run in the bag before 8am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

Bit o' civic pride: Two 'oul lads on train home debating whether Cork or Dublin have made the greatest contribution to science....as I left Cork winning because Shrodinger was only imported to Dublin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

saucyjack wrote: »
    Bit o' civic pride: Two 'oul lads on train home debating whether Cork or Dublin have made the greatest contribution to science....as I left Cork winning because Shrodinger was only imported to Dublin.

But the more important thing is where would the cat have come from, Dublin or Cork but perhaps both? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Cabaal wrote: »
    But the more important thing is where would the cat have come from, Dublin or Cork but perhaps both? :p

The cat is dead and I'm not even going to bother opening the box to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

Cabaal wrote: »

There could have been two cats , relative to each other.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

saucyjack wrote: »
    There could have been two cats , relative to each other.:P

There are only kittens where cabaal is from! :D scratch the surface but totally harmless. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Started off a run in the lashing rain.
    Did 10 miles & it never stopped once.

Actually enjoyed it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hampstead Heath on a Saturday morning, and finishing my run with a sausage sandwich in the farmers market. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement