Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Long run in the rain and cold. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really enjoyed that run this morning. Plus, bagels and cream cheese and coffee is lovely way to warm up after..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Long run in the rain and cold. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really enjoyed that run this morning. Plus, bagels and cream cheese and coffee is lovely way to warm up after..

Agree. Running in the rain rocks :cool:
    Deserted parks and roads, splashing in puddles and enjoying it as what does it matter how wet you get if you're just going home afterwards. It's especially nice when it's not windy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It was strangely nice this morning, even though I was soaked through after three miles, with 17 to go. I did laugh to myself when I met a woman in the PP who had mascara running down her face. Who puts on mascara when going for a run in the rain ? Seems a bit pointless to me, but then, like so many men, I am still but a novice when it comes to understanding women.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

+1 on running this morning, even tough my hands ached with the cold for the 1st 10 miles it was a lot of fun, no dog walkers along the canal just me and the sound of the rain hitting the water, best head clearing outing ever!

PaulieC wrote: »
    It was strangely nice this morning, even though I was soaked through after three miles, with 17 to go. I did laugh to myself when I met a woman in the PP who had mascara running down her face. Who puts on mascara when going for a run in the rain ? Seems a bit pointless to me, but then, like so many men, I am still but a novice when it comes to understanding women.

lol that could be me you're talking about except I wasn't in the PP this morning. I've never gone for a run in public without my mascara on although I have recently invested in waterproof stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

PaulieC wrote: »
    I did laugh to myself when I met a woman in the PP who had mascara running down her face. Who puts on mascara when going for a run in the rain ? Seems a bit pointless to me, but then, like so many men, I am still but a novice when it comes to understanding women.

You sure she wasn't on her way home? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Hampstead Heath on a Saturday morning, and finishing my run with a sausage sandwich in the farmers market. :)

Same for Marlay Parkrun!

So much to rave about: the rain, the park, the volunteers, the organisation, the hotdog and coffee in a rain soaked farmers' market! But mainly, my first bit of pace in over 3 months following an Achilles injury. :)

wrstan wrote: »
    You sure she wasn't on her way home? :D

In running gear ? Maybe it was a run of shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

The athletics family in "Ireland's Fittest Family" completely embarrassing GAA families (w/inter county players), cage fighters, paleo tools etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I think I'm turning into a softie. I'm raving a lot more than I'm ranting lately :) Anyway two raves related to my long run this morning. The first is a bit soppy and if someone else posted it I'd be giving it a bit of this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: The second shows how much of a bad fcuker I am :D

1) This is a multipoint rave. My son is big into superman at the moment. This morning, when I was heading out the door first thing he told me I looked like superman as I had red and blue on. I told him I run so fast smoke comes out of my feet, he liked that (rave 1.a). Last couple of miles were a little tough and I actually felt like a superhero when I finished (rave 1.b). Walking up the drive way my son was standing in the window with a look of awe on his face. I had taken my hat off and with the cold air I was basically steaming (not in a homosexual way digger). He's been telling his friends that his Dad ran so fast this morning he was smoking when he came home (rave 1.c) :D.

2) During the run this morning my running friend had a call of nature and had to make for a ditch. I ran on and told him I'd give him 5 minutes. When I came back he was cleaning his hands on the grass. He'd done his business and while climbing out of the ditch, had taken a backward tumble back into his business :D He didn't find it half as funny as I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Stopped during my long run this morning to give directions to this lady who hailed me down. She was looking for directions to get onto the coast road at Clontarf. I tried to get an idea of where she wanted to end up etc so I could give her the best route. She then said that she didn't know where she was going as she was "from The Country"...Ha ha...I love it. She could have just said she wasn't from around here but the way she said it just made me laugh (in my head)

Glad to help a lost sheep though on a visit to the big shmoke! Saw her on my loop back around so good to see she didn't get lost again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

drquirky wrote: »
    The athletics family in "Ireland's Fittest Family" completely embarrassing GAA families (w/inter county players), cage fighters, paleo tools etc etc

They actually destroyed them, just goes to show how much training a runner puts in!

On another note, first race since October this morning :D Good way to start the year with a PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Rare ribeye steak waiting for me when I got our of the shower after my LSR this afternoon. She'll be kept for another while! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

The last pair of jeans I bought are getting too loose on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just watched this now (yes I turned over the Manu match at half time :o).
    In fairness I knew the Cage fighters would be pretty good as well. Fighters are generally very fit.
    All I can say is LOL Crossfitters/paleo warriors. To think the Cross fit guys tried to claim Ryan Hall would run faster if the followed their program :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

David Moyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

digger2d2 wrote: »
    David Moyes

I actually think I love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

David Moyes no longer forcing his negative football down the throats of evertonians

FYP

There are currently more people viewing the Athletics/Running forum than there is on the American Football and GAA forum put together.

:) That makes me very happy:D

Big Sam

• Advertisement

Sky sports 1: West Ham V city
    Sky sports 2: Espanyol V Madrid
    Sky Sports 3: Roma V Juve

Mrs G's Pilates class on a tuesday night rocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Gavlor wrote: »
    Sky sports 1: West Ham V city
    Sky sports 2: Espanyol V Madrid
    Sky Sports 3: Roma V Juve

Mrs G's Pilates class on a tuesday night rocks :D

Should you not be there too? Core Work...:D I'd pay money to see that! :p

blockic wrote: »
    Should you not be there too? Core Work...:D I'd pay money to see that! :p

You'd pay money to see me in contorted positions?? :eek:

This country will be a safer place when you emigrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

When you're running across a junction and a motorist stops (even though they have right of way) so you don't have to break stride. A very small gesture but one I appreciate each and every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

^^^^^^That's happened to me a few times before and I always think "He must be a runner"

David de Gea :D

David de Gea :D

you're becoming just a touch predictable. You should probably get out running more, you seem to be getting obsessed with a certain team you don't support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbygirl

I just did my first threesome last night.It's more fun to run with other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Rave: Newbygirl expanding her reach to other forums offering advise on living
    in Switzerland etc….great stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 newbygirl

Rave: Newbygirl expanding her reach to other forums offering advise on living
    in Switzerland etc….great stuff!

Getting ones hair cut and styled in Switzerland is an expensive business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement