Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Newbygirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cookie77

Only they didn't have my size I would have paid full price for my new runners I got the next day for 60% less.Had butterflys leaving the shop like i just stole something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Thanking the running gods I did my long run Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

TRR wrote: »
    Thanking the running gods I did my long run Friday.

Thanking the running gods I'm not racing today:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ososlo wrote: »
    Thanking the running gods I'm not racing today:D

The Terenure five mile twitter ac having a laugh.

http://twitter.com/terenure5mile/status/427423628318085122/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    The Terenure five mile twitter ac having a laugh.

http://twitter.com/terenure5mile/status/427423628318085122/photo/1

Feckers! :D

I'm parked in Raheny atm. Doesn't seem too bad, weather-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Getting a decent PB when you don't expect it.:D:D:D.

...thanks to the good folk in raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So I was in Ballycotton for the 10 mile race, only I got stopped by officials half-way through the race, because they'd implemented a new policy of feeding runners at the mid-point of the race (which thankfully was beside a pub). Your race clock got paused and you were directed into a specific door of the pub, based on whether you were left handed or right handed. Being left handed I was directed to the door on the left, where I was served a plate with a spice-burger, and an array of canapes (served in my right hand, so I could eat with my left). When I'd cleared the plate, I was sent back on my way, and my race clock was un-paused.

My rave is crazy dreams (...and races that are going to adopt the new mid-race feeding policy).

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

So I was in Ballycotton for the 10 mile race, only I got stopped by officials half-way through the race, because they'd implemented a new policy of feeding runners at the mid-point of the race (which thankfully was beside a pub). Your race clock got paused and you were directed into a specific door of the pub, based on whether you were left handed or right handed. Being left handed I was directed to the door on the left, where I was served a plate with a spice-burger, and an array of canapes (served in my right hand, so I could eat with my left). When I'd cleared the plate, I was sent back on my way, and my race clock was un-paused.

My rave is crazy dreams (...and races that are going to adopt the new mid-race feeding policy).

Classic..I'm surprised a craft beer didn't feature though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Ferris B wrote: »
    Classic..I'm surprised a craft beer didn't feature though:)

Craft Beer is reserved for the right handed runners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Hosting a party where you don't buy any of the alcohol, but somehow end up with about 200 quids worth left over afterwards... Should see me through til Spring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Steady run, check the watch and off pace. Balls.

Up the pace again, one last kick, check watch again, 9.57pm. Just in time to get the beer through the till before 10pm cut off. In your face publican lobby with your ludicrous ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Now I can genuinely say I have a National Championship medal at home! Happy Days! :)
    BfTU19bCIAEz1B9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

^^^ Fair play, a great achievement. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Operation Transformationers

Face: very red and sweaty
    Top: mid-90s Ireland Jersey
    Bottoms: Yellow LA Lakers knee-length
    Socks: Blue GAA
    Shoes: Some huge hiking-type
    Pace: Slow

(and just before the Four High-Horsemen of the Indignation Apocalypse come riding in, it's just a wee joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Now I can genuinely say I have a National Championship medal at home! Happy Days! :)
    BfTU19bCIAEz1B9.jpg
    Well done - restrospective takes on a new meaning !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

kit3 wrote: »

They must have lost the B-Sample!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

kit3 wrote: »

I would have hoped that all medals are presented retrospectively. Otherwise what's the point showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I would have hoped that all medals are presented retrospectively. Otherwise what's the point showing up.
    For the goody bags. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

10 miles in tough conditions followed by hot shower , strong tea and boxty with real butter, its the simple things that make life worth while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Christmas pudding and cream. The parcel sitting in the cupboard has been like the forbidden fruit for the last two months, only taking it out maybe once a fortnight or so. Perfect for a miserable day when I'm stuck indoors and with a bit of a cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Spurs drop 2 points go wan AMK ;)... ManUre drop 3...

But... But...

Having a tenner on Yoann Huget to score the first try at 11/1 and Paddy Power doing a special double the odds if the first try scorer scores again :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Running in the wind.

Strides Tailwind seeing gps go under 5 min/mile pace even if only for 10 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Cian Healy.... Fantastic prop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Spurs drop 2 points go wan AMK ;)...

he he he :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Garth Brooks announces an extra date.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Putting on dry socks and shoes after Sunday's IMRA race. Bliss! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Watching people wrestle with umbrellas this morning. At one point, there were so many, you'd swear the umbrellas had become sentient and were starting their own revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

vitani wrote: »
    Watching people wrestle with umbrellas this morning. At one point, there were so many, you'd swear the umbrellas had become sentient and were starting their own revolution.

Sounds like the makings of a Pink Floyd video there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Listening to the Housemartins for the first time in ages. They sure don't make them like they used to. I feel sorry for today's youngsters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement