Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

PaulieC wrote: »
    Listening to the Housemartins for the first time in ages. They sure don't make them like they used to. I feel sorry for today's youngsters.

I make sure I listen every few months, super stuff... Think for a minute is still one of my favourite songs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

D face and answer of d bird behind the counter at "carry out" in kilculen wen buyin 2 bottles of hens tooth(teeth?).i asked ..wat food would u recommend with these?....most people usually buy nuts or crisps..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

PaulieC wrote: »
    Listening to the Housemartins for the first time in ages. They sure don't make them like they used to. I feel sorry for today's youngsters.

Yeah, Spotify has reignited my love for the Frank and Walters, the 4 of us, fat lady sings, Something happens...........

Oh to be 18 again..............oh wait, I didn't run then........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Jack Frost making an appearance at last

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ger664 wrote: »
    Jack Frost making an appearance at last

me this morning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YD4OvBlO_M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Foals at the Olympia last night!
    292410.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

One of the best live bands around along with friendly fires. Never a bad show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This time last year nerraw1111 and I saw them at the the Academy, absolutely fantastic.

The Academy is such a great venue for a gig, you're basically on top of the band. Last year Yannis popped into the crowd with his guitar for a walk around and a bit of climbing. Would have loved to have gone last night.

I saw Kasabian way back before they became well known in one of the smaller rooms there, they only had the one album out, it was like being in someones living room, ears were ringing for hours afterwards but it was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

belcarra wrote: »
    Foals at the Olympia last night!

I can't be the only one who looked for baby horses in that photo, can I?

:o

vitani wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who looked for baby horses in that photo, can I?

:o

I'm sure Career Move's initial instinct would have been something similar!

• Advertisement

http://gigapixelartzoom.com/#Panorama

Combines my love of photography, Seattle, geography, computing and nosiness in one place :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Charles effin bronson,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A delivery of new gear in the morning. In plenty of time for the weekend :)

(Runners, tri shorts and a free hat)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It's not raining!

It's not raining! Yet.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

A 5th date announced for Garth. Over the moon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

gerard_65 wrote: »
    A 5th date announced for Garth. Over the moon:D

you going to all 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

It's tethering on the edge of being bright when I get out for a run from work in the evening :)

Ososlo wrote: »
    you going to all 5?
    lol. yep, I'm a massive fan of Garth.:eek: AC/DC, W.A.S.P, Motley Crew, Metallica and Garth.

lol. yep, I'm a massive fan of Garth.:eek: AC/DC, W.A.S.P, Motley Crew, Metallica and Garth.

phew:D

• Advertisement

400,000 tickets sold out. 5 nights in a row. Say what you want but thats some fan base. Not even U2 could do that. Rave on.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

400,000 tickets sold out. 5 nights in a row. Say what you want but thats some amount of sheep shaggers and rednecks

Fixed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

this Garth Brooks stuff is incredible. In a previous existence my job involved predicting a year in advance what big acts would come to Ireland and how many nights they'd do. I had heard through the various back channels about 18 months ago these Garth Brooks shows were in the works, I reckoned 2, maybe 3 nights in Croker, at a push. This is unprecedented. Garth f*cking brooks! He'll be taking between 88%-92% of the shows net profit...each show will gross about 5 million, take off ticketmaster's cut, VAT on the tickets (13.5%), GAA rent circa 400k-500k and another 1 -1.5 million for operational costs and you've got yourself a tidy little earner of a week in Ireland. Mental. Fair play to all involved. (apart from the 400,000 mug punters :pac:). Would not be surprised if he was wheeled out to Killkenny and/or Killarney aswell.

Fixed. :) 400,000 tickets sold out. 5 nights in a row. Say what you want but thats some amount of sheep shaggers and rednecks
    lmao. Had to knick that for facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Rave: The fact that a jucket like Garth Brooks could't sell out a pub where I'm from. Fools like him aren't allowed north of the Mason/Dixon line nor should they be. I personally hope he gets stranded in a desert looking for his moron friends in low places at some ****ty oasis.

drquirky wrote: »
    I personally hope he gets stranded in a desert looking for his moron friends in low places at some ****ty oasis.
    Enough song references in there for a closet fan...!
    drquirky wrote: »
    Rave: The fact that a jucket like Garth Brooks could't sell out a pub where I'm from. Fools like him aren't allowed north of the Mason/Dixon line nor should they be.
    Tell the truth: That's the reason why you are no longer allowed return to Boston!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

statss wrote: »
    this Garth Brooks stuff is incredible. In a previous existence my job involved predicting a year in advance what big acts would come to Ireland and how many nights they'd do. I had heard through the various back channels about 18 months ago these Garth Brooks shows were in the works, I reckoned 2, maybe 3 nights in Croker, at a push. This is unprecedented. Garth f*cking brooks! He'll be taking between 88%-92% of the shows net profit...each show will gross about 5 million, take off ticketmaster's cut, VAT on the tickets (13.5%), GAA rent circa 400k-500k and another 1 -1.5 million for operational costs and you've got yourself a tidy little earner of a week in Ireland. Mental. Fair play to all involved. (apart from the 400,000 mug punters :pac:). Would not be surprised if he was wheeled out to Killkenny and/or Killarney aswell.

Have you charts/graphs to back all this up? Have you fatored in inflation?
    Shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's not raining!

Had a lunch time session, it's positively balmy out there.

The Stone Roses. I keep forgetting how bloody good they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Joining a club. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement