Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Finally getting a bit of good weather so as to be able to do a decent session. Oh and being in a club with a top class 400m tartan track :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Ososlo wrote: »
    The Stone Roses. I keep forgetting how bloody good they are.

That's mad was listening to Second Coming on run tonight - amazing album :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Running in very heavy rain. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Secondary glazing. No longer need to put my coat on to go to the toilet at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Clearlier wrote: »
    Secondary glazing. No longer need to put my coat on to go to the toilet at work.

That must have been a pane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

The Winter Olympics. I've officially cancelled my social life for the next 16 days.

gerard_65 wrote: »
    400,000 tickets sold out. 5 nights in a row. Say what you want but thats some fan base. Not even U2 could do that. Rave on.:pac:

U2 sold out 3 Croke Park gigs in no time in 05 and 09. I have no doubt that if they decided to play 5, they would have sold out 5. Sure the demand for Slane in 01 was ridiculous. They could have sold out 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You could have got tickets easily for the second gig, Slane as a venue is a nightmare and there wasn't a chance I was going again a second time, they were being sold for face value when I sold mine.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You could have got tickets easily for the second gig, Slane as a venue is a nightmare and there wasn't a chance I was going again a second time, they were being sold for face value when I sold mine.

I remember the second gig going on sale with no prior warning and it still sold out in 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Oh yeah, it sold out quickly, but by the time it came around it was easy to get tickets, even at face value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

The numbers 5 and 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

digger2d2 wrote: »
    The numbers 5 and 1 :D

Happy birthday digger! Thought you'd have at least invited me to your 50th last year though...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

A roaring open fire. Match of the day. The numbers 5 and 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Beef wrote: »
    A roaring open fire. Match of the day. The numbers 5 and 1.

Blow me.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

drquirky wrote: »
    Blow me.

Did ya learn that on the weather forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

drquirky wrote: »
    Blow me.

:eek:

how-very-dare-you.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Late night music shows on BBC4. Pink Floyd, Thin Lizzy, The Dubliners, Queen... Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Yulia Lipnitskaya :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

The Lego Movie
    :D:D:D

Everything is AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

b.harte wrote: »
    The Lego Movie
    :D:D:D

Everything is AWESOME!

yes. Saw it yesterday, it was truly awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

PaulieC wrote: »
    yes. Saw it yesterday, it was truly awesome.
    Glad to hear that, I have to bring 10 six/ seven year old boys next weekend:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Glad to hear that, I have to bring 10 six/ seven year old boys next weekend:eek:
    It kinda gets a bit dull in the middle - might be a good idea to load all of them up on lots of sugar based nutrition - a few gels etc to supplement the pick 'n' mix - so they remain alert for the ending - slump and all that.

:pac:

No need to thank me, just trying to do my bit to help a fellow boardsie have a relaxing trip to the cinema.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

b.harte wrote: »
    It kinda gets a bit dull in the middle - might be a good idea to load all of them up on lots of sugar based nutrition - a few gels etc to supplement the pick 'n' mix - so they remain alert for the ending - slump and all that.

:pac:

No need to thank me, just trying to do my bit to help a fellow boardsie have a relaxing trip to the cinema.

Thanks for that I will pack the hip flask for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

conavitzky wrote: »
    when you go to the jacks to drop one and you realise you could get away without using toilet paper. Ah the clean break.

I love it when a log slides out like it's teflon coated. No stick sh1ts!

As regards running, I can't anymore.

Quoth the doctor - "One centimeter abnormality on the medial surface of the proximal left femur"

GAH. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Running in the snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Running in the snow x2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

'My Treadmill'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Dragging yourself out of bed at 5am to try to get 15 miles in before before work and the 'hurricane'. Then sitting at my desk with a large coffee with the sleet belting off the window and the wind howling outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Yeah, it was grand out there this morning.
    Pity that was only the recovery run and the session is this evening :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

sideswipe wrote: »
    Dragging yourself out of bed at 5am to try to get 15 miles in before before work and the 'hurricane'. Then sitting at my desk with a large coffee with the sleet belting off the window and the wind howling outside!

Second that. I only did 10 miles but I'm feeling just as smug right now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement