Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

What is the rave threads stance on running tights in bright weather?

On men, never. On curvaceous women a define yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

blockic wrote: »
    Waterford whispers news :cool:

Mesut Ozil :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Krusty - for making himself available to drag me around my mid-week 15 - thanks buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Krusty - for making himself available to drag me around my mid-week 15 - thanks buddy!
    Pleasure was all mine dude (except for that last windy mile).

Cricket Ireland beating the world champions in their back yard and our lucky ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Any event which has the word "cross" in the Winter Olympics! :cool:

Serious finish!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26269430

When Thursday is your Friday - hello 3 day weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Came home from a run in miserable weather to find 10 rashers in my pack of 8, score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Having company on your windy LSR. thanks theboyblunder and Drquirky, wouldn't have been completed without you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Came home from a run in miserable weather to find 10 rashers in my pack of 8, score!

Came home from a run in miserable weather to find my 12-year old daughter had made pancakes. Even bigger score! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Came home from a run in miserable weather to find my 12-year old daughter had made pancakes. Even bigger score! :)

+1.
    12 yr old daughters were busy in the kitchen this weekend. Got my pancakes after a prebreakfast lsr ( minus the miserable weather). I was ravenous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Ferris B wrote: »
    +1.
    12 yr old daughters were busy in the kitchen this weekend. Got my pancakes after a prebreakfast lsr ( minus the miserable weather). I was ravenous.

12 year old sons are only good for eating said pancakes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

kit3 wrote: »
    12 year old sons are only good for eating said pancakes :rolleyes:
    And wrecking the house, my 3 boys are no where near 12 but jes all they do is eat and running around wrecking the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I love the way that down the countray, that every single person you pass on the road, whether in another car or walking, nods and waves and checks out your number plate:D

Ososlo wrote: »
    I love the way that down the countray, that every single person you pass on the road, whether in another car or walking, nods and waves and checks out your number plate:D

ehm, they are also known as An Garda siochana. Maybe you should stop for them next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aero2k

Running in the Phoenix Park yesterday morning and:
    • Discovering that it was possible to hide from the wind (most of the time)
    • Running downhill on the little pedestrian path that leads from Upper Glen road to the pedestrian gate, and seeing a large group of kids ahead - preparing for evasive action when, as if by magic, they all moved onto the grass to allow me free passage
    • The sun doing it's best to break through the clouds
    • Realising after about 5 miles that I was wearing the exact right clothing - even the gloves were perfect
    • Running uphill towards the Wellington Monument and taking to the road to avoid another runner - an oncoming car indicating and moving to the opposite side of the road, allowing me several metres of space
    • Feeling comfortable, and glancing at the garmin to discover I was 10 sec/mile faster than target pace
    • A group of three oncoming runners taking to the grass to let me pass (maybe I looked as if I needed help at that stage)
    • My left knee not protesting until I was 200m from home
    • Falling in the front door and finding the stool in the hall wasn't buried under running gear - perfect for a timely collapse
    • The OH asking if I was ok and the Garmin HR confirming that yes, I had a heartbeat
    • Forgetting all about goals and just running for fun
    • All of the above adding up to the most enjoyable run I can remember
    Sorry for the long post - trying to make up for my long silence.:D

^^^^^
    love that aero2k!!
    my rave is that it's a beautiful morning and I can run later cause I'm not injured anymore!!! yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

The arrival of a huge package (not a euphemism for digger and co. before they start :D) and knowing that no matter what is inside, the best part is you just recieved a box full of bubble wrap :D

(Inner child lives on :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

aero2k wrote: »
    Running in the Phoenix Park yesterday morning and:
    • Discovering that it was possible to hide from the wind (most of the time)
    • Running downhill on the little pedestrian path that leads from Upper Glen road to the pedestrian gate, and seeing a large group of kids ahead - preparing for evasive action when, as if by magic, they all moved onto the grass to allow me free passage
    • The sun doing it's best to break through the clouds
    • Realising after about 5 miles that I was wearing the exact right clothing - even the gloves were perfect
    • Running uphill towards the Wellington Monument and taking to the road to avoid another runner - an oncoming car indicating and moving to the opposite side of the road, allowing me several metres of space
    • Feeling comfortable, and glancing at the garmin to discover I was 10 sec/mile faster than target pace
    • A group of three oncoming runners taking to the grass to let me pass (maybe I looked as if I needed help at that stage)
    • My left knee not protesting until I was 200m from home
    • Falling in the front door and finding the stool in the hall wasn't buried under running gear - perfect for a timely collapse
    • The OH asking if I was ok and the Garmin HR confirming that yes, I had a heartbeat
    • Forgetting all about goals and just running for fun
    • All of the above adding up to the most enjoyable run I can remember
    Sorry for the long post - trying to make up for my long silence.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIQRUoGEhY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Hitting your marathon target

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

Nice when you're out for a bit of a run & see a training group containing a world champion (Rob Heffernan) coming against you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Toeing the same start line as the brother of an Olympic gold medallist... OK they also picked up a bronze themselves, but if he's not event the best in his own family?!? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not having to have my headtorch on to see the road for the entire run when I head out in the mornings! :pac:
    Not long to go and I won't need it at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Worlds craziest fools.....class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Worlds craziest fools.....class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Brownie points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Ecoli's whistling nose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Ecoli's whistling nose :D

You dreaming about me is kinda perturbing :(

• Advertisement

The fruit shop man gave me a free pear and the homeless guy I gave a few quid to told me I have a lovely smile :) Nice start to the day (and clever marketing strategies by both of them ;))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement