Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Ososlo wrote: »
    The fruit shop man gave me a free pear

You cant beat a nice pair pear :pac: - gets everyones day of to a great start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

There's a grand bit of heat in the sun today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Have my trip away pretty much sorted now.

Going to Paris on Thursday 13th March, France v Ireland on the Saturday, then flight to Valencia on Sunday for the Fallas Festival, where I will be until the Wednesday when I'll come home.

Sounds good, just need to pack the runners and hopefully get a run or 2 in Valencia.

Rave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

You cant beat a nice pair juicy pear :pac: - gets everyones day of to a great start!

FYP:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

A good session, finally, though it might be because it was a light one with race this week (ill take any little victory I can get :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

adrian522 wrote: »
    Have my trip away pretty much sorted now.

Going to Paris on Thursday 13th March, France v Ireland on the Saturday, then flight to Valencia on Sunday for the Fallas Festival, where I will be until the Wednesday when I'll come home.

Sounds good, just need to pack the runners and hopefully get a run or 2 in Valencia.

Rave.

Valencia is great for running. Head toward the dry river bed which is now a park. All pedestrian paths with zero traffic. Loads of runners down there. On way home you'll pass loads of amazing ice cream places so bring a fiver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Deirdree loves Rashid liking a post by TRR on the rant thread - There's hope yet for world peace! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Just uploaded my Garmin stats for this week, and learned that I ran my fastest mile ever in last Tuesday's club session. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

vitani wrote: »
    Just uploaded my Garmin stats for this week, and learned that I ran my fastest mile ever in last Tuesday's club session. Woohoo!

Go girl, now keep that in mind on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Go girl, now keep that in mind on Sunday.

:D

Will do. Hopefully I'll be coming back to this thread to celebrate my shiny new PB.

• Advertisement

vitani wrote: »
    :D

Will do. Hopefully I'll be coming back to this thread to celebrate my shiny new PB.
    That's the spirit, and we will all be raving about Vitani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Completing the Krusty Clown Dublin Park Run trifecta this morning with a victory in St. Anne's Park (added to my Marlay Park win last week and Malahide victory last yr). I was delighted w/ my run as was alone after the 1st K but still managed to run a very consistent race time wise. God I love racing :D

(secondary rave) having the inlaws around so even though partner overdue w/ baby I got to park run this morning

final rave: c-section scheduled for Monday so will have a new child soon :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

drquirky wrote: »
    Completing the Krusty Clown Dublin Park Run trifecta this morning with a victory in St. Anne's Park (added to my Marlay Park win last week and Malahide victory last yr). I was delighted w/ my run as was alone after the 1st K but still managed to run a very consistent race time wise. God I love racing :D

(secondary rave) having the inlaws around so even though partner overdue w/ baby I got to park run this morning

final rave: c-section scheduled for Monday so will have a new child soon :D:D

See you next year so! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

pconn062 wrote: »
    [/B]

See you next year so! :pac:

Ha! You wish. Pacing 3:15 @ Limerick, goal HM in Brooklyn in May and will train to destroy TBB and go sub 2:40 in DCM. 2nd baby (w/ one only a toddler) so sleepless nights nothing new to me!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

2nd baby (w/ one only a toddler) so sleepless nights nothing new to me!!! :D

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Alan Pardrew using his head (not in a good way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Ha! You wish. Pacing 3:15 @ Limerick, goal HM in Brooklyn in May and will train to destroy TBB and go sub 2:40 in DCM. 2nd baby (w/ one only a toddler) so sleepless nights nothing new to me!!! :D

Congratulations today. That's a super rave!
    Btw, if you ever need a baby-sitter, I'm awake all night.... most nights.... Someone might swell be asleep:rolleyes:

Ososlo wrote: »
    Congratulations today. That's a super rave!
    Btw, if you ever need a baby-sitter, I'm awake all night.... most nights.... Someone might swell be asleep:rolleyes:

That's what came to my mind:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

A.I.S. aka Amazing Injury Solution programme :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It starts to bucket down with rain after I get back from my run. Nice for a change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

The power of positive thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

The power of positive thinking.

Makes a huge difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Running drugs.

Running to the late night pharmacy to get two bottles of nurofen instead of driving. Calpol meltlets in the Spibelt.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Running drugs.

Running to the late night pharmacy to get two bottles of nurofen instead of driving. Calpol meltlets in the Spibelt.
    Could you run down here with some cause I have a feeling it will be a long night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

17 minute HM PB:D:D:D The last time it will ever happen...but sweet. 17 months in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Mild case of DOMS the day after a good session. Can practically feel the body rebuilding itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Finished my run today and had a whinge that the sun was in my eyes and I regretted wearing longers. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Don Beezie

Just realised A sub 40 10k is well within my reach. Beginning to love running!!

Finished work at 4.30 yesterday, it was perfect running weather in Dublin.

I have to say I love running along the footpath during rush-hour when everyone is still stuck in traffic. Very liberating.

I'm probably going to hell though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

adrian522 wrote: »
    Finished work at 4.30 yesterday, it was perfect running weather in Dublin.

I have to say I love running along the footpath during rush-hour when everyone is still stuck in traffic. Very liberating.

I'm probably going to hell though!
    I'm the same. I take particular pleasure from running over one of the bridges crossing the M50 when it's at a standstill and I'm run-muting to or from work. I like to make sure that everyone can see my smug expression. I'm a bit of a d1ck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement