Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Properly sweating for the first time on a run this year. Also the first time I've worn short sleeves. A massive 14 degrees out there :)

And I know it's been probably stated before but the clocks going forward :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TRR wrote: »
    Properly sweating for the first time on a run this year. Also the first time I've worn short sleeves. A massive 14 degrees out there :)

Didn't trust it myself so had the leggings and long sleeve. Definitely a few pounds lighter as a result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

First tempo run of the year last night...real killer last 1km to maintain pace and sore calves are worth it now I have that session behind me...

And yes....quite a sweaty run. Bring on the summer. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

This is a fantastic story.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/04/sports/for-runner-with-ms-no-pain-while-racing-no-feeling-at-the-finish.html?_r=1&referrer=

"When a pack of whip-thin girls zipped across the finish of the 1,600-meter race at a recent track meet here, the smallest runner’s legs wobbled like rubber, and she flopped into her waiting coach’s arms. She collapses every time she races."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The Queen inviting Martin McGuinness to a banquet at Windsor Castle and Martin McGuinness accepting. Now that's an exceptional rave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Airport morning pints

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Quirky, Quirky, where for art thou Quirky???

Rave: Everton and total football....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Liverpool still top of the league !:D:D:D

The Sheffield Half Marathon ..cancelled just before the start apparently due to "insufficient water supplies"....but the runners decided to run it anyway!:D

Police had thought about setting up road blocks but reconsidered stating it was less of a safety risk to let the runners finish. Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Gavlor wrote: »
    Quirky, Quirky, where for art thou Quirky???

Rave: Everton and total football....... :D

Knowing DrQ is plotting revenge.

Oh.....and Tim Sherwood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

A nine year old in the US ran 18.47 for 5 km. New WR apparently. Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

http://tinyurl.com/olwr983

This 14 year old kid running a 1:17 half last weekend. Paul Pollack also in PIC after his 62:0* half

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

Coming back from 2 months with mystery injury. Ran my first run at Griffeen Parkrun yesterday since January. Seriously down on fitness. Ran slow, sore muscles and DELIGHTED

Liverpool 3 man city 2 and a 35 min pb in London . Time to get drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

RedRunner wrote: »
    Liverpool 3 man city 2 and a 35 min pb in London . Time to get drunk!

Too right my friend, well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Saw a chicken running around the streets of Templeogue today, that was certainly a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

adrian522 wrote: »
    Saw a chicken running around the streets of Templeogue today, that was certainly a first.

Dinner;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd need to catch it first, Rocky style
    rockychicken.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Had half a cadburys Easter egg with my breakfast this morning. Lovely :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've not ran a 10km race since 2012,

Decided to run the course for a local 10km race thats on Sunday this morning as I won't be doing it race pace on Sunday and managed to knock off 1min off my PB from 2012,

Felt good for just a fast training run :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

TRR wrote: »
    Had half a cadburys Easter egg with my breakfast this morning. Lovely :)

F@t b@$t@rd.

Is that what champions do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Having two weeks off at Easter, instead of the usual one day. And, the nice weather being an added bonus.

Sunny warm day + lunchtime + close proximity to Ticknock = rave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

PaulieC wrote: »
    Sunny warm day + lunchtime + close proximity to Ticknock = rave

Sunny warm day + lunchtime + close proximity to Trinity College ladies = rave

statss wrote: »
    Sunny warm day + lunchtime + close proximity to Trinity College ladies = rave

I can dig that, there were a few up Ticknock way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Phoenix Park

You city folks are blessed to have such a spot on your doorstep. I could get lost for days in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Being able to have a pint tomorrow like a normal person :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Finished work early and now off tomorrow and all next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

pa4 wrote: »
    Finished work early and now off tomorrow and all next week :D

+1 - finishing in 30mins & heading west tomorrow - looking forward to a few runs on Keel beach - can't wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Amazingly still and clear night out there. A trillion beautiful twinkling stars. Worth your while to pop out and have a look :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement