Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ger664 wrote: »
    A happy eagles fan tonight,

They're doing another Hell Freezes Over tour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nolinejudge

Man 1 bike 0 up the vico road.
    I don't care if the cyclist only had one leg, still counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Roger Bannister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Yoga pants

TRR wrote: »
    Yoga pants

your own?

• Advertisement

Ososlo wrote: »
    your own?

If you want to picture my arse in a pair of yoga pants I won't shatter your illusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yoga pants
    Ososlo wrote: »
    your own?
    If you want to picture my arse in a pair of yoga pants I won't shatter your illusion.

Incestuous feckers ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Incestuous feckers ;)

Like to keep it in house just like your head of state ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

Yesterday was a good day :)

Most importantly a friend of mine who had a baby 4 weeks premature finally got to take the little guy home yesterday, all doing well thankfully.

My employer finally accepted they didn't quite meet employment legislation while I was on a series of fixed term contracts meaning I now have an extra 18 days holidays to burn, sweet ;)

Hard work for Comrades in June is done, Limerick marathon was the last long run for me, all downhill from here (literally as it's a down run this year!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

13km on a humid as feck night. Might not seem like much, but it's the furthest I've run since the Great North Run 2012. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

opus wrote: »

My employer finally accepted they didn't quite meet employment legislation while I was on a series of fixed term contracts meaning I now have an extra 18 days holidays to burn, sweet ;)

Great to see that finally resolved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

The Giro. Hate EPO. Wish more riders rode pan y aqua but damn it I love a grand tour. Can't wait to go watch it live in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

The phrase "pan y aqua", so simple but sums alot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Inaugural parkrun in Knocknacarra Galway this morning....
    Loved it, great atmosphere and a great mix of people.
    Great success :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

9 glorious miles on the Giro course. All closed roads, new tarmac, was class.

Marshals and gardai were cool about it. Along the quays and out to clontarf and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

A grand tour passing through Dublin. Class.

Finding 22 cans of guinness and 12 bottles of heineken under the stairs. Left overs from Christmas that were hidden away to keep me from temptation. Feels like free beer and I love free beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Finding 22 cans of guinness and 12 bottles of heineken under the stairs. Left overs from Christmas that were hidden away to keep me from temptation. Feels like free beer and I love free beer!

Print this off and throw it on the fridge door....

Gavlor wrote: »
    Print this off and throw it on the fridge door....

I'm not joking. She emailed me a picture with that quote on it about 4 months ago. Now there is free beer on the scene there will be no DIY done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Sounds like training aids to me. ;)

• Advertisement

Sounds like training aids to me. ;)

7.50 (heineken/unofficial) beer mile in training. That's ill say!

Father in law joined a new gym 2 months ago. He has been brining me home gels for the last 2 months, about 20 in total. Apparently they give them out free gels in his gym. That's something to rave about I'm sure. However today he found out they weren't free and he's been basically stroking them from the reception and not paying. Hilarious especially if you knew the man, he was mortified :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Father in law joined a new gym 2 months ago. He has been brining me home gels for the last 2 months, about 20 in total. Apparently they give them out free gels in his gym. That's something to rave about I'm sure. However today he found out they weren't free and he's been basically stroking them from the reception and not paying. Hilarious especially if you knew the man, he was mortified :D

That is very funny :D

The sun is shining, I don't have to go to work.I have my first ever session of 400s to look forward to soon and maybe another little jog this evening. Life is damn good!!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Holidays booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

After a crap 5 weeks of running back out the past two days armed with a plan for recovery.

Helped with the aid of a new pair of Brooks Ravenna that feel like slippers (thanks to AKW for supplying!).

Then in the local park briefly watching a teenage girl with one leg kicking a ball about with her mate like there was nothing amiss! Very impressive ability and attitude!

belcarra wrote: »
    After a crap 5 weeks of running back out the past two days armed with a plan for recovery.

Helped with the aid of a new pair of Brooks Ravenna that feel like slippers (thanks to AKW for supplying!).

Then in the local park briefly watching a teenage girl with one leg kicking a ball about with her mate like there was nothing amiss! Very impressive ability and attitude!

I saw her a few days ago and thought the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭zuhuraswa

Holidays booked here too- in one and a half months' time-. Time to loose those last five lbs :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

belcarra wrote: »

That's gas! I saw her tonight and was very impressed. Made me feel even more privileged to be running around that park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement