Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Behold the faceplant as seen through Garmin. The blue graph is my pace. Going from very fast to a complete stop in 1 second.

307113.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Behold the faceplant as seen through Garmin. The blue graph is my pace. Going from very fast to a complete stop in 1 second.

307113.JPG

You fell twice? That's just careless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

nerraw1111 wrote: »

307113.JPG

Djouce ?

The first bump is the ridiculously steep section of Djouce where you almost stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Running along the banks of the Lagan in 20 degrees of heat after receiving a host of running related birthday gifts:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Weather being so good it's enticing me out for a second run today... Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Running in the sunshine on the trails in the hills around Glendalough and life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

rom wrote: »

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Good coffee on a Friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nolinejudge

Running to work on days like this make up for all the dark,wet and cold days. Nearly....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Doing a good run where you finish with energy to burn. Very rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Remembering that quite some time ago you put away some clothes hoping that some day you would be able to fit back into them. Finding said clothes, fitting into them comfortably and the added bonus of €20 in a back pocket ! It's like the reverse of shopping. Extra money in hand and 6 nearly new pairs of jeans / trousers. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Going to point out to the race organiser that your better half was entered in the wrong age category in the vain hope that they would get a slightly better finishing position in the right one and thus help with having a happier evening. Being told that the age category was right and they actually got a county medal. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

20° out at 7pm. Still some blokes going with the shorts/running tights combo. LOLs all round (after he had ran a considerable distance away of course ��)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

ran by the fairy tree in marley park earlier noticing the looks of wonder on the little kids gawking at it. put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

The downhill run off Scarr mountain. One of the best on offer. :D

The downhill run off Scarr mountain. One of the best on offer. :D

It's such a great downhill.

Great night for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

PaulieC wrote: »
    20° out at 7pm. Still some blokes going with the shorts/running tights combo. LOLs all round (after he had ran a considerable distance away of course ��)

Warm spell here breaking overnight (with heavy rain on my planned rest day) in time for my race on Sunday. 16c forecast for race start, unlike the 25-ish last Sunday. Suits me :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Warm spell here breaking overnight (with heavy rain on my planned rest day) in time for my race on Sunday. 16c forecast for race start, unlike the 25-ish last Sunday. Suits me :cool:

Are you doing the London 10km?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Indeed I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nasty achilles injuries/strains just disappearing overnight:confused:

Indeed I am :)

See you there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Passing my comptia+ 801/802 exams. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Wicklow Way Relay - best race in the world, without question or argument, full-stop, end of story, no questions asked, finis. Starts tomorrow morning, and it looks like the wind will be behind us.

Mini-rant: IMRA website is down. Paranoid I may be missing final instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

IMRA site is back up now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The Wicklow Way Relay - best race in the world, without question or argument, full-stop, end of story, no questions asked, finis. Starts tomorrow morning, and it looks like the wind will be behind us.

Mini-rant: IMRA website is down. Paranoid I may be missing final instructions.
    • Be on time
    • HTFU
    • Don't Fall
    • Don't get lost

Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

2 1/2 year old not complaining during a 12 mile run in the pi$$ing rain. The job. She is in a running buggy with rain cover before child services are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

rom wrote: »
    2 1/2 year old not complaining during a 12 mile run in the pi$$ing rain. The job. She is in a running buggy with rain cover before child services are called.

Ninja edits FTW !

Was just about to ask you was she running :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

The thought of Spurs fans watching Gareth Bale score the winner in the Champions League while knowing they'll have to endure multiple years of Soldado/Lamela et al. :D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement