Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Discovering Bushy Park is really near my office! Lunchtime park running here I come! I just stumbled upon it while running along the Dodder - had no idea I could get to it so quickly!

Do you know about crossing the lipstick stones and coming in the gate beside the pond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

RayCun wrote: »
    Do you know about crossing the lipstick stones and coming in the gate beside the pond?

That's what I did! Usually, after I run up Dodder Park road I turn right & head back to work, but today I took a shorter route to there (via the kiosk near Mt Carmel), then crossed over the main road and ran along by the river. I had been going to go to the Dropping Well, but then I saw the stones and couldn't resist them, and that's how I found Bushy Park. I got lost coming out -- came out through Rathdown Crescent -- but then spotted Terenure in the distance & made it back to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Some pints and a takeaway of a Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nolinejudge

RayCun wrote: »

When talking about a bushy park I thought all of this was a euphemism for something..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I got lost coming out -- came out through Rathdown Crescent -- but then spotted Terenure in the distance & made it back to work :)

That's a bit of a maze all right, you could come out at the front of the park, facing Terenure College, and then its a straight run to Terenure village

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

10 miles done before 8am, my longest run since last May and thankfully all went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The phenomenal talent on show at the ladies final at Roland Garros right now.

Fcuk me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Gavlor wrote: »

Fcuk me!

Yes amazingly skilled players alright:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Fcuk me!

Any of them wearing red lipstick?;)

RedRunner wrote: »
    Any of them wearing red lipstick?;)

Haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Haha!

Couldn't resist,sorry:D

While I'm here;

Rave: Another Park Run PB today! Getting ever closer to that sub 20 target for 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Getting fat and slow on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Having planned to spend the day shopping, cleaning and washing I got a call from my folks this morning to tell me it was a lovely day out on the west coast and to throw the kids in the car and come out. So I spent the day sitting on the beach drinking tea, eating sandwiches and watching lots of dolphins jumping around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Did the lotto for the first time ever yesterday and won €24! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

Getting back into the swing of training after weeks of life getting in the way.

Realising there is always time for a run even when I'm swamped with work. Running always helps.

Jumping back into a club session after said break and being pleasantly surprised by my fitness and ability to knock out 1k and 400m reps.

Running in the evening when the sun is low.

Rave: getting my fist A/R warning for slagging off ultra/ walkers !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

drquirky wrote: »
    Rave: getting my fist A/R warning for slagging off ultra/ walkers !

When did this happen? Must have missed it.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    When did this happen? Must have missed it.

Post deleted ;( but was in the "walking marathons" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Outdoor pool in the rain on a warm evening - just really pleasant :)

I went back playing football tonight... I may actually never run again :D

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a rant or a rave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I went back playing football tonight... I may actually never run again :D

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a rant or a rave!

have you actually ran this year?

have you actually ran this year?

Yup. Whopping average of 1.8 runs per week since London! I forgot to rave about my 10 miler @ 6.51 pace 2 weeks ago. Serious sh!t that one :D

Rave: the forecast for the next few days is for ideal cycling weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Getting fat and slow on holiday.

Enough about your missus, how are you doing dude ;)

Rave: thinking of Digger languishing in a Qatari prison for sleeping in the same room as his GF while she runs the world champs:)

Double rave : knowing said Qatari prison will be a good approximation of Digdigs previous sex life!

Actual rave : while 2 weeks of drinking and eating **** food have left me fat and slow- the fact I ran epic cliff runs in 25 degree heat most days probably sets me up nicely for beginning my marathon cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Starting 2 weeks holidays for the World Cup group stages. Run in the morning, drink in the evening. Repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Rave: thinking of Digger languishing in a Qatari prison for sleeping in the same room as his GF while she runs the world champs:)

Double rave : knowing said Qatari prison will be a good approximation of Digdigs previous sex life!

It's not his relationship that is going to get him in trouble it's what he picked up in bananahammocks.com that is going to lead to trouble

310578.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nolinejudge

TRR wrote: »
    It's not his relationship that is going to get him in trouble it's what he picked up in bananahammocks.com that is going to lead to trouble

310578.jpg
    My eyes. What is seen can be unseen...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ordered something from Amazon using Super Saver delivery yesterday morning, it's already here... no idea how it happened but 3-5 days magically became 24 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Ordered something from Amazon using Super Saver delivery yesterday morning, it's already here... no idea how it happened but 3-5 days magically became 24 hours!

Check u didnt sign up for a prime trial. If you did you have to disable it before trail ends else they hit you for £79 annual sub

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement