Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Transformers 4 3D in Imax. With reclining seats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Brooklyn EastIndia Pale Ale, Sunshine and World cup.Did east India have a different pale ale to the rest of the country? Anyway 6.9% Alcohol is going to take its toll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

adrian522 wrote: »
    Brooklyn EastIndia Pale Ale, Sunshine and World cup.Did east India have a different pale ale to the rest of the country? Anyway 6.9% Alcohol is going to take its toll

Not to be pedantic but as IPA was a stalwart of East India Company trading ships in the 19th century, perhaps the term East India Pale Ale is perhaps as historically appropriate as IPA.

That said great beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

drquirky wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but as IPA was a stalwart of East India Company trading ships in the 19th century, perhaps the term East India Pale Ale is perhaps as historically appropriate as IPA.

That said great beer.
    Suddenly you're a beer expert? :confused: You couldn't tell the difference between 330ml and 355ml yesterday. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah thought it was something like that given it says East India Pale Ale company on the label, but yeah great beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Pauline Curley's abs:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Garth Brooks concerts getting cancelled.
    A great victory for the little people over greedy corporate entities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »

A great victory over crap music too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭plodder

Good decision, but it looks like they're threatening to throw their toys out of the pram now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

plodder wrote: »
    Good decision, but it looks like they're threatening to throw their toys out of the pram now..
    So there might be none at all! Even better news:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The reaction is ridiculous. One vested organisation said it sends the wrong signal to the ECB.

Others describing it as devastating. Rolling out friends of promoters to argue their case for them.

Not a single negative word said about the GAA/promoters.

I hope all the out of pocket punters sue the promoters for selling a concert before they had a license. That'd teach the greedy cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Whatever sympathy the northern woman on Matt Cooper was going to get due her wedding anniversary being ruined was wiped out once she referred to Britain as the 'main land'. Oh it was fantastic! Maybe Garth might play on the mainland for her and she can enjoy it in glorious surroundings toasting the empire. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

I'm discussed by this. Racism, sexism and now countryism.

gerard_65 wrote: »
    I'm discussed by this. Racism, sexism and now countryism.

Take it to the rant thread you jackeen

Ye racist nordie.

Beef wrote: »
    Whatever sympathy the northern woman on Matt Cooper was going to get due her wedding anniversary being ruined was wiped out once she referred to Britain as the 'main land'. Oh it was fantastic! Maybe Garth might play on the mainland for her and she can enjoy it in glorious surroundings toasting the empire. :)

that was fantastic indeed, very amusing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Ye racist nordie.

Careful now. This kind of banter may be misconstrued by some as something sinister.

Down with that sort of thing!

RedRunner wrote: »
    Careful now. This kind of banter may be misconstrued by some as something sinister.

Down with that sort of thing!
    Careful now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

People arguing on the rant thread I love it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Louis Van Gaal :D

Costa Rica . Heart, guts, bravery against a bunch of overpaid, diving, cheating fcuks.

Eating food so spicy your nose starts to burn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

adrian522 wrote: »
    Eating food so spicy your nose starts to burn...

I think you could be doing it wrong...:pac:

Dilemna: Kids gone to bed but no milk left for breakfast tomorrow. Still needed to do PM recovery run. Dog still had to be walked. Keys needed to be dropped into brother in law. Letter needed to be posted.

Solution: Run the 1 mile to brother in laws house with the dog and drop in keys, run back to house drop off dog. Pick up letter and pop in post box en route to petrol station ~1.2 miles away. Purchase 2 litres of milk. Run back to house, kids won't go hungry in the morning and I'm job free for the rest of the evening all in less than 35 minutes! And who said men can't multitask :)

I hope Gavlor's OH doesn't see this, she already thinks he's a useless fcuker and my multitasking abilities won't show him in a positive light ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

TRR wrote: »
    Dilemna: Kids gone to bed but no milk left for breakfast tomorrow. Still needed to do PM recovery run. Dog still had to be walked. Keys needed to be dropped into brother in law. Letter needed to be posted.

Solution: Run the 1 mile to brother in laws house with the dog and drop in keys, run back to house drop off dog. Pick up letter and pop in post box en route to petrol station ~1.2 miles away. Purchase 2 litres of milk. Run back to house, kids won't go hungry in the morning and I'm job free for the rest of the evening all in less than 35 minutes! And who said men can't multitask :)

I hope Gavlor's OH doesn't see this, she already thinks he's a useless fcuker and my multitasking abilities won't show him in a positive light ;)

Useless.

With young kids I would have ensured that we hadn't ran out of cow juice and thereby would not require the lady like multi tasking ability a outlined above.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Useless.

With young kids I would have ensured that we hadn't ran out of cow juice and thereby would not require the lady like multi tasking ability a outlined above.

I did it in a manly manner though. Was coughing, spitting, farting, cursing and wolf whistling as I went along my merry way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

TRR wrote: »

4.4 miles? that's a glorified warmup, not a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Chocolate milk in coffee. I'm a culinary genius.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    4.4 miles? that's a glorified warmup, not a run.

keeping the legs fresh for the club race later Dave ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement