Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Gavlor wrote: »
    thereby would not require the lady like multi tasking ability a outlined above.
    TRR wrote: »
    I did it in a manly manner though.

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

The world cup once again churning out an amazing result. Definitely the most shocking moment in sport since the undertaker lost the streak at wrestlemania :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

gerard_65 wrote: »

Oh I feel so sorry for those rich white Brazilians who paid thousands of euros to watch that match. I heard a great comment before the world cup that watching Brazil in this world cup will be like watching Sweden. The crowd will be made up of white people with blonde hair and the team on the pitch will be wearing yellow jerseys!

And I've a absolute pain in my hole with Garth Brooks!

This has put me in bad form for the day. Thanks Gerard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

TRR wrote: »
    And I've a absolute pain in my hole with Garth Brooks!

This absolute scutter has me baffled. If people got as upset about the blanket bank guarantee we'd be far better off as a nation.

• Advertisement

Beef wrote: »
    This absolute scutter has me baffled. If people got as upset about the blanket bank guarantee we'd be far better off as a nation.

rave: the term "absolute scutter" :D I'm stealing that one

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Complete and utter scutter has a nice alliterative ring to it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Beef wrote: »

It makes for great entertainment all the same, although it saddens me a little when I see ministers and politicians getting involved. FFS the Transport and Tourism committee are calling DCC, Aiken and the GAA in tomorrow to find out who they can blame. And some pleb has demanded that Brooks should be brought to Ireland to explain himself.

Dermot Desmond getting the digs in adds to the fun too, saying there's nothing wrong with the licencing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think they should give 'Garf' a lifetime ban. Nothing to do with the ticket fiasco. Just because he's sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Headline of the week was: PARTY OFF, GARTH. (in the Metro, I think)

Ahahahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

The current state of Irish athletics (well on the track anyway). It's a great time to be an athletics fan with several of our athletes amongst the favourites for medals in Zurich. We had the Belfast International meet last week, Cork Sports last night and the Morton Games and a big meet on in Letterkenny on Sunday. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Secret film, taken in Tallaght AC clubhouse, of TRR's real reaction to Garth Brooks cancellation:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Secret film, taken in Tallaght AC clubhouse, of TRR's real reaction to Garth Brooks cancellation:

Ha ha brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Meanwhile at the Sisters Pearse clubhouse:

Old_Shed_Plot_83_%28Small%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You're not allowed use that term of endearment meno.

Oh and TRR is racist. Rich white people have feelings too ya know..... Actually you're from tallaght, the cast of tallafornia are probably considered to be the toffs of that area :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Gavlor wrote: »
    the cast of tallafornia are probably considered to be the toffs of that area :pac:

They are, but only because none of them are actually from Tallaght, bloody blow ins with their fancy ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pro12 fixtures out - Munster-Leinster on while we're home at Christmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

First sub five-minute mile.

It was all downhill but it still counts. At least I think it was sub 5, hard to measure the exact mile segment, may be a second or two over.

Insane that the marathon lads run 26 of them back to back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    First sub five-minute mile.

It was all downhill but it still counts. At least I think it was sub 5, hard to measure the exact mile segment, may be a second or two over.

Insane that the marathon lads run 26 of them back to back.

Anyone else find that their appreciation, and admiration of, elite marathoners, went off the scale after they became runners themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

davedanon wrote: »
    Anyone else find that their appreciation, and admiration of, elite marathoners, went off the scale after they became runners themselves?

Appreciation and admiration of top level athletes of ALL distances. Once I became aware of paces/training/commitment ect involved I couldn't help but be on awe of them. I had no idea those track guys were motoring so fast all those years :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was about to post in the rant thread...then I realised it was a rave.

Never even knew who the cowboy bloke was until recently, loving the whole mess and seeing the outrage from various directions on here and Bookface. Giving us a good giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Completely....

Whenever I hear elite times for 10+km I basically go through the same thought process..."ZZ.Zkm in X:XX, that's Y min/km. Which is about 30% quicker than my 5km Pace.....I feel so inadequate. Oh well, Ososlo told me to run slowly."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I know this is the Athletics forum, but I think this is true of all sports. It's only when you try them yourself that you realise how good the elite really are.

menoscemo wrote: »

rave: Discounted cowboy hats and Garth Brooks t-shirts coming to a Dunnes Stores near you soon :)

314591.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

It's all over :D:D hopefully he'll lose lots of fans too as if I was one I would not be impressed.
    Take a bow residents. We all know the real reason you formed that group was cause you couldn't bear to listen to that crap for one night, let alone 5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Garth playing in Chicago in Sept to kick off world tour!! Can't wait!! :cool: Bringing the Irish flag an all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

BBC's coverage of the British Open, only way to watch golf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement