Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

The Bit O'Red!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

neilc wrote: »
    The Bit O'Red!!!

Great win against a team regularly plying there trade in the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Angry Rosenberg fan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Billy Mills

Raves:

-Diamond League meet of the season on BBC 3 tonight instead of the red button.

-The Liberties Run- really buzzy and fun road race through the best part of the city centre w/ seriously funny local characters along the way. Perfect weather and a return to racing after 2 months off

- Thunder and lightening.

-Marathon training

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

The Weather thread.

I worry sometime that I'm technology obsessed and spend far too much time for a grown up doing nerdy things getting GPS things working with running apps and synching running apps with each other and updating them and doing complicated sums around pace and calculating nutritional values and anticipating the weather at ungodly hours of the day and night.

But then I pop over to the weather thread and there is ALWAYS someone nerdier than me hard at work at all of those things. Possibly not nutrition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Running 5km at race pace in me new split shorts :pac:
    Fierce swanky altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Finally a Minister for Health who is not overweight and speaks some sense when it comes to obesity.

Quote of the day from Mr. Varadkar
    "The Government can't make you skinny"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

saucyjack wrote: »
    The Weather thread.
    I worry sometime that I'm technology obsessed and spend far too much time for a grown up doing nerdy things getting GPS things working with running apps and synching running apps with each other and updating them and doing complicated sums around pace and calculating nutritional values and anticipating the weather at ungodly hours of the day and night.

But then I pop over to the weather thread and there is ALWAYS someone nerdier than me hard at work at all of those things. Possibly not nutrition.

The timing of this post in relation to who posted above and the realization that there could be interesting times ahead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

TRR wrote: »
    rave: Discounted cowboy hats and Garth Brooks t-shirts coming to a Dunnes Stores near you soon :)

314591.JPG

As promised although I'd expect "further reductions" next week ;)

315115.JPG

Ososlo wrote: »
    Finally a Minister for Health who is not overweight and speaks some sense when it comes to obesity.

Quote of the day from Mr. Varadkar
    "The Government can't make you skinny"

He is a bit of a fat ass in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

leo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

^^^ ok fair enough but compared to what we HAD!!!!!! it's a vast improvement. At least he's out there running and swimming and giving a good example and he's not obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Well he is definitely a pain in the ass! So hard to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Becoming a Dad for a second time please god next Febuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Nationals in Santry. Two days of fantastic entertainment for €15. Sunshine an added bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

TRR wrote: »

Poor girl is sitting in a rocking chair scribbling all over her face with red lipstick since then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,418 ✭✭✭✭walshb

happygoose wrote: »
    Nationals in Santry. Two days of fantastic entertainment for €15. Sunshine an added bonus.

Even better when you bonk in! I was there last year and there was no charge. I didn't try and bonk in. I just walked in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Haribo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

walshb wrote: »
    Even better when you bonk in! I was there last year and there was no charge. I didn't try and bonk in. I just walked in.

A bonk means something quite different where I'm from :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Someone ringing Liveline to ask if it’s OK for a man to run topless. He was running last night in the local park and some lady remarked ‘disgusting.’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Someone ringing Liveline to ask if it’s OK for a man to run topless. He was running last night in the local park and some lady remarked ‘disgusting.’

I see Digger has made a comeback then...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Left the house for work yesterday at 8am. Arrived home some 11 hours later at 7pm after a full day's work, with 20 easy miles ticked off.
    Rave: Run-muting and the disappearance of the annoying bastid flying ants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Running in the PP at lunch time for a hot and sweaty 6 miles.

Then standing in the server room in work for 5 minutes to cool off... Bliss :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

nerraw1111 wrote: »

Someone needs to get a life !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Nailing a hard session.

Started off feeling like I would never be able to finish the session with all sorts of mental debates.

“Sure just do half of the session, you’re tired anyway…ok just one rep and we’re done…if you quit now, you’ll quit again in the future…sure you’ve made it this far, you’ll have to do it all again if you quit…only 2 left, at least do one more…Whoop!...nice cold beer? Don't mind if I do.”

Rave: The 300 lb lard ass playing goalie for Tipp in the GAA game on Sky tells you all you need to know about the quality of the "athletes" playing this pointless exercise in 19th century nationalism and parish pump tribalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Rave: The 300 lb lard ass playing goalie for Tipp in the GAA game on Sky tells you all you need to know about the quality of the "athletes" playing this exercise in 19th century nationalism
    Tipp are hardly a powerhouse in football.
    I reckon the players who play on the teams who reach the quarter finals and beyond will have a hell a lot more overall fitness than most runners ever reach.
    (I emphasize overall fitness).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Running in the PP at lunch time for a hot and sweaty 6 miles.

Then standing in the server room in work for 5 minutes to cool off... Bliss :cool::cool:

What a class idea.

• Advertisement

Rave: Trolling the match thread in the GAA and well on my way to my first ban in my new moniker. My namesake would be proud!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement