Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Rave: The rant thread. A good spot to dump baggage.

Super rave: A/R posters for the well wishes and pms ect.

(I'm back on track so all good, it sounded worse than it was but good to know ye are there to hear my moanings)

Daily rave: A nice run today passing backed up Galway races race traffic all the way out and back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Popcorn time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Getting a well timed dry run in ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

A dry run for what though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Parkrun pb

Bringing my ma out in the morning for her first day of Couch to 5k

Running in the rain

Running full stop! We are all so lucky to have discovered 'The Secret'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Gaelic football- I don't care what the yank says, there is nothing like the heart stopping excitement, and heart break of watching your team. And yes I know it nearly always ends in heart break for me! Now I'm off for a run to try and get my heart rate down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Gaelic football- I don't care what the yank says, there is nothing like the heart stopping excitement, and heart break of watching your team. And yes I know it nearly always ends in heart break for me! Now I'm off for a run to try and get my heart rate down.

Quite a finish alright. I was at the game myself and glad to be a neutral. At least a game of football broke out in the second half! But well done Mayo, definitely the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Video's a bit cheesy, but I still love it:
    http://vimeo.com/100239728

cianc wrote: »

ffs - he is going to run the 2nd half of a marathon. Come on like. Is it really that hard to do a full.If so then do a half. What next I am going to run the last mile of the race.

rom wrote: »
    ffs - he is going to run the 2nd half of a marathon. Come on like. Is it really that hard to do a full.If so then do a half. What next I am going to run the last mile of the race.

The fact that he was homeless (I'm assuming he's not anymore), and what running meant/means to him and how it helps him escape his problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Isn't the yank gone? Hopefully this will be mayos year, especially now with galway gone!

Finnt wrote: »
    Isn't the yank gone? Hopefully this will be mayos year, especially now with galway gone!

Is he gone again? Following Mayo football is nt for the faint hearted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Finnt wrote: »
    Hopefully this will be mayos year, especially now with galway gone!

Sorry....but not a snowman's hope in hell

Who's this yank?

The fact that he was homeless (I'm assuming he's not anymore), and what running meant/means to him and how it helps him escape his problems.

Ok I take it back.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Once-troubled-artist-already-feels-like-a-winner-5650220.php

"While most of the other 5,500 runners alongside him had slept in comfortable beds the night before, the 54-year-old Goodman had spent his usual night in a tent under Highway 101."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Partners who are supportive of all your crazier training endeavours, and run around like a blue-arsed fly on race day to cheer you on and take photos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Partners who are supportive of all your crazier training endeavours, and run around like a blue-arsed fly on race day to cheer you on and take photos. :)

What else would you expect from an evertonian??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

The guy admits to out of competition doping - should be a lifetime ban ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

See you in September.......:)

We will have yet another Sam and all you'll have will be a a chip on one shoulder and an ever growing 'curse' on the other......:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

See you in September.......:)

We will have yet another Sam and all you'll have will be a a chip on one shoulder and an ever growing 'curse' on the other......:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ah I still praying Monaghan or Donegal will give ye a kicking! Fun times ahead!
    I'm laughing about the phrase YET ANOTHER Sam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Sorry....but not a snowman's hope in hell

Who's this yank?

Dr quirky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Am I the only one who sadistically enjoys the paranoia of lone walkers after dark, who, when they hear someone coming running behind them, start to freak out while trying to look all relaxed and calm about it

I wasn't sure whether to feel bad or feel amused for a while. Now I think one is amused.

Think I'll shout a massive BOO passing the next one!

Laois_Man wrote: »

Think I'll shout a massive BOO passing the next one!

Please let us know when you get maced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Offered an internship following a course I've been doing.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The old days, when it was relatively uncontroversial to actually pay wages to entry level workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Murph_D wrote: »
    The old days, when it was relatively uncontroversial to actually pay wages to entry level workers.
    Ah yes, the good auld days.;)
    I know internships have a bad press and I agree that some are slave labour. But I've been on a ITB (FAS) course for the last 6 months so another 6-9 months on the same money is do-able. Its also a good company who take it seriously. It looks good on a CV that your prepared to work for social welfare rates. The guy I'm replacing got a job in google.
    Another guy on the course is going to Dell in Limerick. Having Dell on your CV is a real benefit.
    Although for me the money isn't an issue (lets leave it at I've other irons in the fire;)) but I could see how living and working off about €240 a week is a struggle for many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Back doing some good quality sessions after being injured. Four under the belt now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Escaping a 5-minute torrential shower at 6pm during a 29km run thanks to where I randomly stashed my water bottle in the middle of a Connemara bog at 5.45am. Talk about luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Reebok clearance sale in Kildare Village. Running jacket RRP €50. Picked up two for €15(€7.50 each)! Nice.......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having a 2 TV/2 Virgin Media box setup when there's both Zurich and Ireland v England in women's rugby to watch later :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

The very rare times in the late-stages of a LSR when the Running Gods nudge your music player shuffle feature to reward you with a track you wouldn't DARE play for yourself. Eye of the Tigered all the way home :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement