Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

saucyjack wrote: »
    The very rare times in the late-stages of a LSR when the Running Gods nudge your music player shuffle feature to reward you with a track you wouldn't DARE play for yourself. Eye of the Tigered all the way home :o

100% metal on mine. It's the only music to run to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Was wondering why my legs were feeling fukced today then I realised I did a tough session yesterday! A good excuse to be lazy today (except for the 8 miles I have choose to do later).

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Heated toilet seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

cianc wrote: »
    Heated toilet seats.

Depends if they are heated electronically or by the previous user's ass;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

cianc wrote: »
    Heated toilet seats.

Or maybe you were sitting on someone's lap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Only got to see Mark English's race on youtube just now - great run by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Tender calves + evil Physio = new legs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Broke my 10 mile pb by 3+ mins as part of an interval session this morning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ran just under 18km this morning, longest long run since the 2012 Great North Run. Progress :)

Running on a track rocks!!!
    Having a non running injury that keeps you off work but doesn't stop you running rocks.
    Life is good :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Ososlo wrote: »
    Running on a track rocks!!!
    Having a non running injury that keeps you off work but doesn't stop you running rocks.
    Life is good :D

How'd you get on with the 800m?

Finnt wrote: »
    How'd you get on with the 800m?

it's on me log. didn't do the 3 mins but I don't care 'cause I had a ball:D I'll get there though! watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Car no longer smells like a gym thanks to the only seat cover I get that works. All others I try make condensation between the cover and the seat due to the heat but this keeps my seat perfectly dry.

http://www.doubleoverhead.co.uk/billabong-seat-cover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Switzerland! What an awesome place. Beautiful untouched old cities (Zurich, Bern, Lausanne), stunning high mountains, nice people, ridiculously high quality of life, public transport which would put us, and most others, to complete shame, not having to worry about getting run over by a car as feck all people seem to drive. A peaceful place with exceptionally low levels of crime. Also got to run in a ridiculously well organised track meet in Lausanne, and finally the general public seem to respect athletics!

The only down side is the cost. It's disgustingly expensive at times, but it's worth the hit. Go visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Switzerland! What an awesome place. Beautiful untouched old cities (Zurich, Bern, Lausanne), stunning high mountains, nice people, ridiculously high quality of life, public transport which would put us, and most others, to complete shame, not having to worry about getting run over by a car as feck all people seem to drive. A peaceful place with exceptionally low levels of crime. Also got to run in a ridiculously well organised track meet in Lausanne, and finally the general public seem to respect athletics!

The only down side is the cost. It's disgustingly expensive at times, but it's worth the hit. Go visit!

What's this... A track fairy's TripAdvisor?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

• Registered Users Posts: 10,451 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Volunteers.

First day in a new job - OVER;)

Not being on Facebook:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Advertisement

Ososlo wrote: »
    Not being on Facebook:)
    Still on bebo??:cool:
    Your missing all the people throwing buckets of water over themselves.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Made me laugh this morning

acid_picdump_137.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Ran up Cruagh and Tibradden last night after work. It was SO FUN!! We saw about 4 deer, really close to us, and running along the track at the top of Tibradden feels like being on the top of the world, or like being a goat or other sure-footed mammal :). I loved it. Wish I could do it every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Think I now have more pairs of runners than my girlfriend has pairs of shoes :D

A long time since I've had that Friday feeling:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Doctors who take the time out on a Friday evening from home to ring someone with good news test results. A whole family can sleep easier tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

gerard_65 wrote: »
    A long time since I've had that Friday feeling:)

It's nearly worth working just for Friday evenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Doctors who take the time out on a Friday evening from home to ring someone with good news test results. A whole family can sleep easier tonight.

That is certainly worth a rave, lovely to get good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

4 day weekend. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Garlic chives

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement