Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

When you're on a Tracker mortgage and the ECB unexpectedly cuts interest rates to 0.05% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,374 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did a 5 k run yesterday and felt good during and after the run. That rarely happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

walshb wrote: »
    Did a 5 k run yesterday and felt good during and after the run. That rarely happens.

You obviously weren't running fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,374 ✭✭✭✭walshb

davedanon wrote: »
    You obviously weren't running fast enough.

You're probably right. But I did run a bit faster than normal. I knew there'd be some catch from yesterday's run. Today my dodgy right ankle is quite stiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

First run back after an 8 day break and felt good although I was only doing 4 miles :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Karl Frampton, Ireland has another world champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

tang1 wrote: »
    Carl Frampton, Ireland has another world champ.

FYP

menoscemo wrote: »
    FYP

Sorry another spelling lesson, Carl.

NFL back at 6pm this evening, go Steelers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

tang1 wrote: »
    NFL back at 6pm this evening, go Steelers!!

Ha! steelers are muck!

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »
    Ha! steelers are muck!

More Lombardi's than any other team, get back in your box you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Gonna me a mad GAA supporter for the day just cos Tipp are in the All Ireland :pac: Cmon Tipp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Walking the dogs this morning and the dogs popped into some hedges and hesitated. Usually there's a cat in there but I went in to check. There was a lovely, but frightened, dog in there with a sore back leg. Was sure it was a neighbours so popped around to check but she was still there. Went back and the dog came out to me and sat right up against me.

Rang the number on his collar and it turns out he was missing since Thursday. Delighted to get the fella back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

ThisRegard wrote: »

Great to read of a good news story for once:D Well done 'kind gentleman':D Lovely dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Finally cracked a sub 38 minute 10k this morning! 37:51

Its a great feeling to say to yourself "Today I have ran as fast as I ever had" I'm not done yet! 37:30 is the next target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Rave: The hurling today:)
    Rant: The soccerball today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

Rave: finding a solution to jingling keys in my pocket while I run. It has bugged me since I began running, but it was so obvious in the end.

Sellotape the bunch of keys around themselves. Few wraps of tape needed. Include the keyring itself under the tape, and away we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Trailer Park Boys season 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

krafty wrote: »
    Rave: finding a solution to jingling keys in my pocket while I run. It has bugged me since I began running, but it was so obvious in the end.

Sellotape the bunch of keys around themselves. Few wraps of tape needed. Include the keyring itself under the tape, and away we go.

Sellotape.... :( Thread them through through your laces. If you have a big bunch, just take the one or two you need...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Wrapping them in a piece of tinfoil works well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

I do this. Nifty trick, although people give you funny looks when you have a bobbin on your keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Or get a pair of shorts that have key pockets. Most Nike shorts have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

5 mile run at lunch. It's like the Bahamas out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    5 mile run at lunch. It's like the Bahamas out there.

are you in the Bahamas ?

It was a fantastic afternoon, the weather and light reminded me of those post summer days when you just started back school after the holidays.

Go for a run after work and the Mock Turtles, Can you dig it, comes on to really take me back. The farmer around the corner was out with his combine harvester. I couldn't help but smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ooter

Was training up at the acres in the phoenix park yesterday evening and the amount of young people running was great to see,most likely from donore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Getting a letter in the post saying your penalty points have expired!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Getting Ollie Hynd to attend a meeting I was organising yesterday.
    What a fantastic, down to earth, genuine individual, great insights into the micro focus on the details that account for milliseconds in the pool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement