Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Christmas food in general.

Buying and drinking a slab of beer because it's Christmas.

Buying a shed load of wine because its Christmas.

Buying an inexplicable quantity of Pringles and giant boxes of Celebrations/Heroes/Roses (not so much Quality Street)

Calling to all the neighbours houses for wine and mince pies.

Tramping down to the local, even if that happens to be in 12 inches of snow and with two children on your back, just to have a few sociable Christmas pints.

Mulled wine.

Gravy.

Stuffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

belcarra wrote: »
    Nirvana's 'Bleach'!
    Not trying to be a hipster here (waaay too late off the mark for that!) but it really is as good as 'Never Mind'.

Yes, as is in utero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

...and the money pours in for Pconn in the big grudge meeting!!:pac:

He was looking a bit portly on our long run this morning now that you mention it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Shane Long

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Fairy Tree, in Marlay Park. Happened upon it today by accident, while out for a run. Now I can't wait to have grand-children, so I can bring them to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The Fairy Tree, in Marlay Park. Happened upon it today by accident, while out for a run. Now I can't wait to have grand-children, so I can bring them to see it.

Is that the place where the little people leave their soothers?

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Is that the place where the little people leave their soothers?
    Just reading up about it. That's not how it started, but certainly seems to be the way it's going. Piccie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I've two kids you can have a lend of if you want to show them. Ill have them dressed and waiting for you Saturday morning. Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

boards - without which I would be still doing martial arts poorly, not that I am much better at running

TRR wrote: »
    I've two kids you can have a lend of if you want to show them. Ill have them dressed and waiting for you Saturday morning. Thanks for that :)
    They'll be craft beer drinking snobs by the time I drop them back on Saturday afternoon. :)

• Advertisement

A bowl of steaming hot, day old Shepherd's Pie after a 10-mile run in the cold. It's the little things.
    Also fit ladies in running tights at intervals giving me regular targets to pass. Sometime I think if the fit ladies that run along the strand road were fast then I'd be a much quicker runner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

PaulieC wrote: »
    Also fit ladies in running tights at intervals giving me regular targets to pass. Sometime I think if the fit ladies that run along the strand road were fast then I'd be a much quicker runner :D

So all of a sudden it's 'creepy' to stay 5 strides behind them, huh?:(

So all of a sudden it's 'creepy' to stay 5 strides behind them, huh?:(

I always feel like a bit of a letch alright. Although I'm usually just a couple of feet behind. But only for a couple of miles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I've been ranting a bit too much lately so time to think about the good stuff:)

The injury I thought I had that had me out for 3 days, wasn't bad at all and was just a bit of calf strain and felt perfect on my run today and great afterwards. I'M SO HAPPY:D:D:D
    I was offered a new short term part-time contract today which starts in the New Year. It pays well, it's in an area that I love and if truth be told I'd probably do the work for no money just cause I love it! I won't be telling them that though;)

Black Friday, no work to do, poring over Amazon for bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

PaulieC wrote: »
    Black Friday, no work to do, poring over Amazon for bargains

Cyber Mondays where it's at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Possible dawn run next week to see Comet Ison, the pluckiest little comet in the universe.

sideswipe wrote: »
    Cyber Mondays where it's at!

Guess where I'm going to be on Cyber Monday? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Guess where I'm going to be on Cyber Monday? :)

Lucky you. Passed though a few tears back, nice spot.....little bit of altitude training me thinks?

• Advertisement

sideswipe wrote: »
    Lucky you. Passed though a few tears back, nice spot.....little bit of altitude training me thinks?
    As it turns out, Cyber Monday is an online only sale, so fe** all use to me! It'll be -16' to -20' C, so won't see much outside running. Should move this over to the rant thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Got my PhD yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Fair play, how long did that take?

pa4 wrote: »
    Fair play, how long did that take?

Cheers took just shy of 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Cheers took just shy of 4 years.

Happy days for you so! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Peaches and cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Dr overpronator :D Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

The Guys on Marathon Talk being corrected on the difference between Ireland and N. Ireland. - Good man NC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A Chinese, some fine craft beers, and the living room, therefore the TV, to myself for the night.

(I'll have to add a post to the rant thread saying I'll be sleep by 10 though.)

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A Chinese, some fine craft beers, and the living room, therefore the TV, to myself for the night.

(I'll have to add a post to the rant thread saying I'll be sleep by 10 though.)

Carbon copy of my night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement