Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

blockic wrote: »
    Excellent! 8/10

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-21%20at%2012.42.39%20AM.png
    First comment was most entertaining. Reminds me of 15 years back when I came home from college one Friday and my father said "Do you know there is a place where Dinosaurs are still exists". He has never been in a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭opus

Enjoyed my run at the Charleville half but the Kingdom winning today topped it off beautifully! Must admit I kind of expected Donegal to take it, too bad it wasn't a great game to watch.

You might be able to work out where I'm from based on this :)

It made me sad that the sports bar where I was meeting a few people to watch it relegated the match to a small telly in the corner leaving the enormous screens for the premiership :(

Going for a 3mile walk with my daughter. she didn't want to get in the buggy once and she did 5k. She is not yet 3. She ran the last half mile cause I told her the grate in the middle of the footpath was a train track. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Feeling great... I have a HM next Sunday and then 4 weeks to DCM.

Did 10m @6:49 Saturday, and 20m @7:46 Sunday, and legs are holding up.

Today just ran a Tempo outside instead of doing it on a treadmill as usual and it felt so, so much easier: no overheating. I bashed myself on the head last week because I could not complete my gym tempo but now I know that it's because it was too hot in there. Another 3, even faster, 50' tempo before DCM, some hills, some sprints, another 20m and I should be ready.

Must not go for glory in the HM next Sunday... a small 4 day taper and 1h 28' will be fine: have another 2 heavy weeks after this.

Now if I could shed 3 kg, a sub 3 attempt for my second marathon would not be completely silly (if the weather is cool enough).

HAPPY DAYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Commuting on the bike (recent convert) - couldn't get out for my lunchtime run today due to meeting over-running but still got 1.5 hrs exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Busting out the best tempo run ever three days after my worst race ever. 8miles with 5 at 6.21.

Bring on the DCM and a sub-3!!

Busting out the best tempo run ever three days after my worst race ever. 8miles with 5 at 6.21.

Bring on the DCM and a sub-3!!

2 by 40 mins at 6:40 with 5 mins recovery. If you can do that then sub 3 in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Bee stings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Silly season on the A/R boards- nothing better than teeing off on some of the muppets that come in here looking for advise in how to train for a marathon in 3 weeks.

Gives me the perfect outlet for my training induced narkiness ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

dukeraoul wrote: »
    Silly season on the A/R boards- nothing better than teeing off on some of the muppets that come in here looking for advise in how to train for a marathon in 3 weeks.

Irony is that there have been a number of ex mod's as well as regular posters who if we didn't know would slate for their approaches both past and present

Seem to recall being called a lunatic myself around this time last year before my debut :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Pretty sure there's an app now that runs the marathon for you.

Yeah, it's pretty fookin' annoying. I am tired at this stage telling people (who haven't put any work in) not to do the marathon. Essentially they are 'event junkies'. The sort of people who go and see their ''favourite band'' only to a) spend the whole night queuing at the bar b) talk sh!te throughout and/or c) take photos/videos for the entire set........or God forbid use selfie-sticks.

What is even more annoying it the common response received. You tell someone that their first marathon should actually be an enjoyable experience, it should not put them off running for life and it definitely should not resemble a scene from a horror movie. What is the usual response? You get accused of being elitist.

Listen, if I finish within 30 minutes of the winner I will be delighted (more than likely :)). Elitist my a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Don't worry about it, sure you can't be anywhere near as bad as some Doctor lad that used to be on around here :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Today.........I ran. I feel alive again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

LMAO. Another AH classic. Just sit back with the popcorn:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057297669

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

gerard_65 wrote: »

'Tie a bell around your neck' :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

gerard_65 wrote: »

The reply about the coughing tactic put me in mind of The Bitter Lemon, we better tell him to continue with his fake cough while in the big smoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

The feeling of pissing in ones own garden, especially the young fellas slide

My 2 year old able to walk/run 5k distance for fun. She was tiring a bit in the last 1/2 mile but didn't want to go in the buggy. Told her the water grate in the middle of the footpath was a train track and she ran the whole way home then. No one told her she can't do it. Its all on her terms. We walk to the playground and if she is tired she will get in the buggy on the way home. It's sad when many of the adult population would find this hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Rant: last night a bunch of **** graffitied our lovely container (the tallaght boys are being rounded up for questioning as we speak)

Rave: By lunchtime today, a bunch of people from the club got down there with cleaning gear, and restored the perfection :)

(Rave 2: anti-graffiti coating!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

RayCun wrote: »
    Rant: last night a bunch of **** graffitied our lovely container (the tallaght boys are being rounded up for questioning as we speak)

What? I wasn't even there. you can't pin anything on me.

<hides spray cans>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Twink so mental she funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I love the way every time I run on a forest trail, I feel like I'm in a scene from an American movie

WP_20140928_003_zpsb4ade344.jpg
    St Anne's Park

...possibly just about to discover a dismembered corpse :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

I love the way every time I run on a forest trail, I feel like I'm in a scene from an American movie

WP_20140928_003_zpsb4ade344.jpg
    St Anne's Park

...possibly just about to discover a dismembered corpse :rolleyes:

reminds me of
    from the office

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I rarely frequent this particular thread but a 19 miler in mid summer like conditions at the end of september is certainly worth a rave. LSR done and the old sun tan topped as an added bonus :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

johnruns wrote: »
    Twink so mental she funny

6ani5a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

ive posted a farming related post in the rant thread to the disgust of some people so its only right I aslo post in the rave thred :)

the claas lexicon 750 got to ride one these earlier this month beast of a machine

14874844705_b12faa4f1e_m.jpg

ive posted a farming related post in the rant thread to the disgust of some people so its only right I aslo post in the rave thred :)

the claas lexicon 750 got to ride one these earlier this month beast of a machine

14874844705_b12faa4f1e_m.jpg

These driving down the south link in rush hour traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,374 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge seems to have gone away! Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

walshb wrote: »
    The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge seems to have gone away! Yes!

i nominate walshb!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement