Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    :mad: Moved Aguero from captain to vice captain and he scores 4 :mad::mad:
    :D Captain Costa not in Chelsea squad :D:D:D

Looks like you will finish with a big score. I see some people had Costa captain and Tadic VC though, they'll be benefiting even more than you :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Southampton 8-0 Sunderland. Insane! The Premiership has become completely unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

gerard_65 wrote: »

I just listened to 6 minutes of some SNIP with an IQ of 7 being a smart arse to a Garda who was simply doing his job.

This whole water protest thing is a joke.

RAVE: The burden of maintaining the water system no longer being the sole responsibility of those in employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looks like you will finish with a big score. I see some people had Costa captain and Tadic VC though, they'll be benefiting even more than you :eek:

Feckin Aziprickacunta got sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Gavlor wrote: »
    I just listened to 6 minutes of some knacker with an IQ of 7 being a smart arse to a Garda who was simply doing his job.

RAVE: The burden of maintaining the water system no longer being the sole responsibility of those in employment.

Jesus.
    I don't agree with IW and how they were set up, and I believe strongly in civil disobedience as a weapon against injustices; but I'm just now going to send our PPSN details on that IW form, if only to distance myself from that protest "movement". Fair play to that Guard for his restraint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Fair play to that Guard for his restraint.

He was fairly adamant in the video he was a Sergeant and not a Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Gavlor wrote: »
    I just listened to 6 minutes of some knacker with an IQ of 7 being a smart arse to a Garda who was simply doing his job.

Precisely, it would be more in his line to do a days work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Good to see the medias line working....next you will be calling the dussadents and activitsts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

tang1 wrote: »
    He was fairly adamant in the video he was a Sergeant and not a Guard.

A sergeant is still a guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Good to see the medias line working....next you will be calling the dussadents and activitsts

I love this attitude from people. Disagree with idiots in videos like this and it's because of the media telling us to.

Nothing to do with the fact that many of us are intelligent enough to think for ourselves. Condescending much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭opus

RayCun wrote: »
    It's usually good fun

Ah yeah I'm sure it will be good crack :) However it might have been nice to actually ask me first rather than me finding out I was nominated via one of my friends!
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Driving home in the wind and lashing rain, navigating floods as I make my way to the house, determined to get my run in.
    Change into my gear, look out the window and the rain hops off the ground.
    Right, lets do this - ah I love having a treadmill at home :D

I had a bit of a recovery run to do after work on Fri so decided I'd do an ~11k jog to get the bits & pieces for a 10k that was on this morning. Pretty wet but very warm. Unfortunately the goodie bag I got was a paper bag so it quickly turned into papier-mâché meaning it was quite tricky to get back to work carrying 1) a t-shirt 2) a water bottle 3) a jumbo bag of crisps 4) a small bag of crisps 5) a biro 6) the all important chip & number!

What's with all the fecking crisps I was wondering, in hindsights stuffing the lot into the first bin I passed and just keeping the number might have been the best idea!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I love this attitude from people. Disagree with idiots in videos like this and it's because of the media telling us to.

Nothing to do with the fact that many of us are intelligent enough to think for ourselves. Condescending much?
    My opinion ...if u find it condesending that ur problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ultraman1 wrote: »
    My opinion ...if u find it condesending that ur problem

It's an opinion that anyone with a view contrary to a water protestor only has so because of the media? That's brilliantly nuts.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's an opinion that anyone with a view contrary to a water protestor only has so because of the media? That's brilliantly nuts.
    Iv been called worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Human Universe on BBC2. A real gem in the turd filled TV schedules of reality shows etc. Prof. Brian Cox is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Human Universe on BBC2. A real gem in the turd filled TV schedules of reality shows etc. Prof. Brian Cox is brilliant.

It is, ironically, a reality show itself, but know what you mean.

David Attenborough is back on with what will probably be his last series this Thursday. Also a reality show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Happy to report that the inaugural c25k session that I was volunteered to lead went well at lunchtime & everybody who started made it back :) 11 people in the group so hopefully they'll keep going with it for the next 9 weeks. Weather gods smiled on us today but I'm sure that won't always be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

opus wrote: »
    Happy to report that the inaugural c25k session that I was volunteered to lead went well at lunchtime & everybody who started made it back :) 11 people in the group so hopefully they'll keep going with it for the next 9 weeks. Weather gods smiled on us today but I'm sure that won't always be the case.

did you use a generic c25k programme and what level were the people at i.e. had they some bit of fitness etc. I'm doing one with a group from the kids school after Christmas in preparation for a fundraising event we will be doing in May and wondering if I will need to start them off walking in November to get them going !

The b-side of every day is like Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pregnant woman making a bunch of male triathletes eat her bow waves in the fast lane at the pool this evening.

Pregnant woman making a bunch of male triathletes eat her bow waves in the fast lane at the pool this evening.

It could be a bit like those America's Cup races where one boat would have a secret keel...

Liverpool :pac:

8ItWJjf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

A guy a work with used to be a research physicist. Good guy but he does come out with strange things. He asked me today "What is the difference between ignorance and apathy?". My reply "I don't know and I don't care."

rom wrote: »
    A guy a work with used to be a research physicist. Good guy but he does come out with strange things. He asked me today "What is the difference between ignorance and apathy?". My reply "I don't know and I don't care."

boom boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

instant email notification and been able to read posts even when deleted:)
    Snip

kit3 wrote: »
    did you use a generic c25k programme and what level were the people at i.e. had they some bit of fitness etc. I'm doing one with a group from the kids school after Christmas in preparation for a fundraising event we will be doing in May and wondering if I will need to start them off walking in November to get them going !

Didn't know there was anything other than the generic program. It was a cross section of people really, desk bound jobs (mainly women) and the feedback from week 1 day 1 was that only one person struggled a bit at the very end. I took the jogging bits very handy as you might guess. Hopefully they will do the other two days of week 1 on their own before next weeks session as I kept telling them that it was all about consistently doing the 3 sessions every week.

I'll have a look later to see if I can find the c2 (sub 20min) 5k variant for the really eager types ;)

• Advertisement

In pulling a computer cable, I've just brought a TV wall-mount crashing down onto my foot. Ow ow ow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement