Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

RIP Billo. A sad loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Dat burds voice on dublincity morning drive...will give alison curtis a close second

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Warming up with a random guy tonight who has an age cat national record and is only running 2 years after a 30 year break. I was saying he must have been handy back in the day. He ran a 14:22 5k. Rave: meeting random people at races. Met a guy with a age cat world record one day, not that he said it but I knew who he was once he told me what distance he ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Getting married to a fellow A/R boardsie Rainbow Kirby last Saturday in my home town. A relationship that would never happened if it wasn't for this forum :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Getting married to a fellow A/R boardsie Rainbow Kirby last Saturday in my home town. A relationship that would never happened if it wasn't for this forum :-)

She should be raving about getting hooked to a blue ;)

Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Now that is a RAVE congrats to you both:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

Fantastic! Congratulations and best of luck to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Congrats and best of luck to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aero2k

Great to have met you both IRL - here's wishing you a long and happy life and many happy miles together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Congratulations & the very best of luck to you both.

As a matter of interest, any other romances start here ( outside of the 'golden couple' ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

kit3 wrote: »
    Congratulations & the very best of luck to you both.

As a matter of interest, any other romances start here ( outside of the 'golden couple' ;) )

TRR & himself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Congrats to both of you !

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

tang1 wrote: »
    TRR & himself!!

That love affair was started well before I/We started posting here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I've been cycling/running into & out of work along the Grand Canal all year & have been severely hassled by an aggressive swan who has been guarding a nest - have had to go around on occasion it was so bad. All worth it this morning to see this (picture not the best as he was still protective)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

It's a small thing but I realised yesterday that since the firmware upgrade a year or two ago not only has my garmin stopped going mental every time a bead of sweat hits it, it can also handle torrential rain as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I've just registered for Castleknock 5k, Trim Braveheart 5k, Docklands 5k, Dublin Front Runners 5k and Rathfarnham 5k.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

robinph wrote: »

Does it actually work?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

chickey2 wrote: »
    Does it actually work?

It was certainly doing it's magic a few hours ago and will send them back to sleep if they are starting to stir.

My posting at 4am shows that the magic is not 100% effective though.

If nothing else it sends me to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

Injury nearly over (strained ligaments), back running in 7 days - happiness is :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭walshb

KJ wrote: »
    I've just registered for Castleknock 5k, Trim Braveheart 5k, Docklands 5k, Dublin Front Runners 5k and Rathfarnham 5k.

Why not just do a half marathon?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

walshb wrote: »
    Why not just do a half marathon?:)
    I'm saving myself for the Rock n' Roll half in August. My first ever half marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭walshb

KJ wrote: »
    I'm saving myself for the Rock n' Roll half in August. My first ever half marathon.

Best of luck with it! I hope to see a rave about it when you finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

Getting the opportunity to meet this gentleman last Monday :cool:

1zevwwk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

opus wrote: »
    Getting the opportunity to meet this gentleman last Monday :cool:

1zevwwk.jpg

Well done on the 'Up' PB opus. :)
    Are you gonna give us some sort of report?
    Presume you'll have to go for a 'Down' PB next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I did it! Solo dinghy sailing. Delighted, wetsuit not too frightening either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

aquinn wrote: »
    I did it! Solo dinghy sailing. Delighted, wetsuit not too frightening either.

Picture ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Fish Tacos. Food of the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

annapr wrote:
    Picture ?!?

No chance. Picture mental hair and actually a lot less screaming and cursing than anticipated by myself and instructor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Christopher McDougall. His stories are somewhat fantastical, but he really does write them well. Started Natural Born Heroes last night and was hooked immediately. Woke up at 6 to read some more this morning and was somewhat p1ssed off that I had to leave it to come to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement