Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

The Beer Mile Thread! I am doing 90% of my daily core by chuckling at the training antics.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057410942&page=25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    The Beer Mile Thread! I am doing 90% of my daily core by chuckling at the training antics.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057410942&page=25

For a minute there I read 'chuckling' as 'chucking' & thought you were getting into the spirit of it by boozing your way through the hoovering :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

2 Ripe (ready to eat) avocados in Aldi for 29c. Win.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/super-6-fruit-veg/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

kit3 wrote: »
    For a minute there Inread 'chuckling' as 'chucking' & thought you were getting into the spirit of it by boozing your way through the hoovering :cool:

You mean you don't?? :eek: (Hoover downstairs = pour glass; mop floor = pour glass; clear dishwasher = poor Hic glass; make lunches = ah feck it who needs lunch anyway :D )

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    You mean you don't?? :eek: (Hoover downstairs = pour glass; mop floor = pour glass; clear dishwasher = poor Hic glass; make lunches = ah feck it who needs lunch anyway :D )

Sounds like a good training plan - must really get time to follow the novice thread more (on my list) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

NEW SHOES.....oh dear god, why have i put it off for so long?! Its great having some genuine bouncebackability , everything is good again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Shelled hemp seeds!
    They don't sound it but believe me they are YUM! Even on their own! And packed with protein. Great for post run recovery snack if anyone's looking for something a little different and ultra healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

^^^
    Is hemp not on the banned substances list...? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

cjt156 wrote: »
    ^^^
    Is hemp not on the banned substances list...? :D

Different plant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Different plant ;)

Same plant, different strain;)

O, you should try out Hemp cacao maca powder. All organic and loaded with protein and antioxidants.

• Advertisement

Same plant, different strain;)

O, you should try out Hemp cacao maca powder. All organic and loaded with protein and antioxidants.

thanks. Presume it's a ready-mix pack. I already have separate packs of maca and raw cocao that I have daily.
    Or is it from a special 'hemp-cacoa-maca' plant? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rave: Simple food!

walshb wrote: »
    Rave: Simple food!

Doesn't get more simple than seeds and roots ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ososlo wrote: »
    Doesn't get more simple than seeds and roots ;)

I was more thinking of a double quarter with cheese!

walshb wrote: »
    I was more thinking of a double quarter with cheese!

Far from simple! Simply processed alright :)
    About a billion complex ingredients in each item. Except for the token piece of lettuce I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

About a billion complex ingredients in each item. Except for the token piece of lettuce I guess :)

There's no lettuce in a Quarter pounder. :)

QUARTER POUND 100% BEEF PATTY*
    Ingredients: 100% Pure USDA Inspected Beef; No Fillers, No Extenders.
    Prepared With Grill Seasoning (Salt, Black Pepper).
    *Based On The Weight Before Cooking 4 Oz. (113.4g)

SESAME SEED BUN
    Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Sesame Seeds, Leavening (Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate), May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative).

CONTAINS: WHEAT
    PASTEURIZED PROCESS AMERICAN CHEESE
    Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Natural Flavor (Dairy Source), Color Added, Soy Lecithin (Added for Slice Separation).

CONTAINS: MILK AND SOY LECITHIN
    KETCHUP
    Ingredients: Tomato Concentrate from Red Ripe Tomatoes, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Natural Flavors (Plant Source).

MUSTARD
    Ingredients: Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice Extractive.

PICKLE SLICES
    Ingredients: Cucumbers, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Alum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors (Plant Source), Polysorbate 80, Extractives of Turmeric (Color).

SESAME SEED BUN
    Ingredients: Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Sesame Seeds, Leavening (Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate), May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative).

Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Water, Cheese Culture, Sodium Citrate, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic Acid, Acetic Acid, Enzymes, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Natural Flavor (Dairy Source), Color Added, Soy Lecithin (Added for Slice Separation).

KETCHUP
    Ingredients: Tomato Concentrate from Red Ripe Tomatoes, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Natural Flavors (Plant Source).

MUSTARD
    Ingredients: Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice Extractive.

PICKLE SLICES
    Ingredients: Cucumbers, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Alum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Natural Flavors (Plant Source), Polysorbate 80, Extractives of Turmeric (Color).

Oh never had one. Thought there was a piece of lettuce in the ones in the ads. Sounds delicious! :) (not!)

Sounds delicious! :) (not!)

Break anything down and it won't sound to appetizing ;)

635260913547687107.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Break anything down and it won't sound to appetizing ;)
    Ehm.. Those aren't ingredients. They are constituents.

Ingredients of an all-natural egg:
    Egg.

Ehm.. Those aren't ingredients. They are constituents.

Ingredients of an all-natural egg:
    Egg.

True but I couldn't find a picture with chemical composition unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

SESAME SEED BUN

KETCHUP

MUSTARD

PICKLE SLICES

Or to make four quarter pounders take a pound of good mince, add one large egg, a fair bit of oregano, a small onion grated, about 60g of fresh mozarella and a teaspoon of pesto, season as you like, mix up all the gooey goodness, form into four burgers, cook and die happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Clearlier wrote: »
    Or to make four quarter pounders take a pound of good mince, add one large egg, a fair bit of oregano, a small onion grated, about 60g of fresh mozarella and a teaspoon of pesto, season as you like, mix up all the gooey goodness, form into four burgers, cook and die happy!

I do this, but the pesto is a new one on me. Me likey!

Clearlier wrote: »

Alternative recipe:

Superquinn Sausage meat, finely chopped chirizo, sun blushed tomato pesto and egg to bind and cottage cheese on top.

Couple with Sweet potato fries and your laughing.

Alternative recipe:

Superquinn Sausage meat, finely chopped chirizo, sun blushed tomato pesto and egg to bind and cottage cheese on top.

Couple with Sweet potato fries and your laughing.

You were doing fine till the cottage cheese ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Wasn't there a food thread started a few months back, maybe it should be resurrected :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95030109

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nothing wrong with a good quality burger. And it's great for recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Getting up on a Saturday morning to be collected from door to join randomers from the Internet, race with them and coffee afterwards.
    So enjoyable and different from last year doing all runs and races solo. Thank you Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

aquinn wrote: »
    Getting up on a Saturday morning to be collected from door to join randomers from the Internet, race with them and coffee afterwards.
    So enjoyable and different from last year doing all runs and races solo. Thank you Boards.

Being paced to a new 5k PB by some randomer off the internet :D

Sitting in work waiting for someone to respond to something urgent while I look out at a beautiful day just itching to run does not a rave make :mad: The only good thing is boards is unblocked at lunchtime so gives a chance to catch up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If it's brown bin day it's not that appealing. Came back from a lunch time run through the estate, after a period of warm weather and the contents ruffled after emptying, the stench was stomach churning !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement