Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

aquinn wrote: »
    Neil Diamond. Who knew. Brilliant.

Was there for the first couple of songs, taking pics for work. He seemed in fine voice alright, contrary to what I'd heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

davedanon wrote: »
    Was there for the first couple of songs, taking pics for work. He seemed in fine voice alright, contrary to what I'd heard.

Spotted your picture alright :)

kit3 wrote: »
    Spotted your picture alright :)

Stalker alert!

davedanon wrote: »
    Stalker alert!

Don't flatter yourself - I just read a national newspaper & note the credits ;)

Edit - should probably throw in a few smilies to soften that ! :):):);)

Don't flatter yourself - I just read a national newspaper & note the credits ;)

Edit - should probably throw in a few smilies to soften that ! :):):);)

Fair play to your eagle-eyedness. No-one reads the photo bylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Battersea Park Monday evening 5k races - pancake flat, 4 quid to enter, first sub-24 in over 3 years and my fastest 5k in my 30s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Just discovered that my new housemate LOVES The Chemical Brothers - we booked tickets immediately.

I shall dance my ass off after the Fingal 10k after all :D #cinderella

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Toulouse wrote: »
    Just discovered that my new housemate LOVES The Chemical Brothers - we booked tickets immediately.

I shall dance my ass off after the Fingal 10k after all :D #cinderella

Here we go....

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Cooler temps
    Running in the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ososlo wrote: »
    Cooler temps
    Running in the rain

Rave: Dissing a rave!:P

Whatever about cooler temps, but rain running is a horrible experience, unless you're dying of thirst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

walshb wrote: »
    Rave: Dissing a rave!:P

Whatever about cooler temps, but rain running is a horrible experience, unless you're dying of thirst.

Disagreed. It's only feckin glorious :D
    I'd take rain over the sun beating down on my neck anyday!

libelula wrote: »
    Disagreed. It's only feckin glorious :D
    I'd take rain over the sun beating down on my neck anyday!

I agree up to a point. It depends on the rain. I actively enjoy that rather soothing, continuous downpour type of rain, and I'd take it over a hot, humid day anytime. However, horizontal rain being blown like needles into my face can f*ck right off.

There's fcuking nothing worse than coming in from a run like a drowned rat.

Rave: Sunny weather running!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There's fcuking nothing worse than coming in from a run like a drowned rat.

Rave: Sunny weather running!

But it just makes the hot shower after all the nicer!!

Cooler temps
    Running in the rain

Evening run even colder and wetter. Love love love it:D My hands were actually cold.

And that is why I love this country:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭williestroker1

Yep much easier this evening. Horrible in that humid muck last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ran what i thought was 2km last week 2x2km today but it's actually a 2.6km circuit so over halfway to 10k already! 4 laps sounds alot handier than 5!

Been running fast laps of this circuit here and there over years but not regularly and haven't done any running in well over a year. Took a notion last week to try and run 10k and actually take running half seriously with proper runners and stuff. Haven't ran over that 2.6km probably ever, apart from in football matches 10+ years ago, so I was thinking it would take 6 months or so training. Particularly after last weeks lap which I really struggled to finish. Today I slowed things right down and I probably could have went around again if it wasn't for the cramp probably caused by a small fry I had earlier. Plodding along with fry cramp is a bit tedious so I called it a day.

I noticed today running with the head up, looking way down the road and shoulders back a bit it took strain off the quads. Seemed to be driving forward more with my hips than knees. Had serious lactic in the front of the thighs last week. The head down position is probably a habit from football back in the day.

Just estimating from all the songs on the mp3er I went through it took just under 40 minutes for the 5.2km. Think about 5 years ago I used to do the single 2.6km laps in 11/12/13 minutes or something there abouts :/rave.

Toulouse wrote: »
    But it just makes the hot shower after all the nicer!!

There's a rave for you, then. Hot showers after manky and horrible wet weather running!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

There's a rave for you, then. Hot showers after manky and horrible wet weather running!

A shower after a run in cold and horrible wet weather is more of a relief than a rave for me. I find myself curling up in a ball just trying to get warm again.

I'm with you on running in sunny weather. If I'm racing and looking for a PB then cold weather all the way as that's what I perform best in but for training I want hot weather. Aside from anything else it gives a better training effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

This:

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/70-year-old-woman-steals-the-western-states-show

Brought a tear to my eye and not just cos she puts my dad well and truly in the shade :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    This:

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/70-year-old-woman-steals-the-western-states-show

Brought a tear to my eye and not just cos she puts my dad well and truly in the shade :pac:

7 min mile pace after 100 miles :eek:. I didn't manage that after 4 miles in the Raheny 5 :rolleyes:. She's my new hero :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    This:

awwww! that's amazing, so inspiring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

There's a lovely 1km 5.7% climb near my mams house.

25th May I was up it in 7:43
    7th July ...... 6:57

:D:D

Rave: Re-igniting a passion with an old love after a few years of skirting around the margins & not making/having enough time ;)

Rave: Murray to win SW19!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Rave: Re-igniting a passion with an old love after a few years of skirting around the margins & not making/having enough time ;)

Is it one of those things you are supposed to play with a pen-knife? Like a banjo..?

Kidding...love folk music...honest...:D

cjt156 wrote: »
    Is it one of those things you are supposed to play with a pen-knife? Like a banjo..?

Kidding...love folk music...honest...:D

Very much a matter of opinion (the penknife is for a bodhrán by the way ):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Rave....my own personal spell checker on boards :)

Husband buys his son an iPAD, his daughter an iPOD, himself and iPHONE, and his wife an iRON.
    She wasn't impressed, even when he explained that it can be integrated with the iWASH, iCOOK and iCLEAN network. This triggered the iNAG service, which totally wiped out the iSHAG function.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Husband buys his son an iPAD, his daughter an iPOD, himself and iPHONE, and his wife an iRON.
    She wasn't impressed, even when he explained that it can be integrated with the iWASH, iCOOK and iCLEAN network. This triggered the iNAG service, which totally wiped out the iSHAG function.
    :D

iSHAG function is well known to be contrary! iMYSELF app is widely used by most disgruntled users!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement