Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Going on the piss overnight with the lads. Even better, getting picked up at 12 tomorrow in an s-class merc.

being pissed on a Saturday at 7pm and not having to go to communion preparation mass on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Parkruns in gale force winds. Not giving a **** about time and just racing yourself, the other guys and the conditions. Reason #4,578 that I love running/ racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Falling debris (Tree branches) missing your bonnet narrowly

Don't want Santa bringing a claim for Xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

21k long run done in v windy conditions when I didn't want to leave the house in 1.32 and felt very comfortable:confused: The prize = heading out for creamy ones!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Craughwell AC's Post Race Spread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

The nicest meal I've had in a long long time in Castle Leslie in Monaghan. Wood pigeon for starter, medium-rare venison for main, with some of the nicest sauces and veg possible and a fine red wine to wash it down. Excellent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

The nicest meal I've had in a long long time in Castle Leslie in Monaghan. Wood pigeon for starter, medium-rare venison for main, with some of the nicest sauces and veg possible and a fine red wine to wash it down. Excellent stuff.

A snack box with a breast of chicken. Can't bait it with a wooden stick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rave: Tallaght AC had 5 runners in Marlay Park Run yesterday and Brother Pearse (knocklyon joggers) had about 30. All 5 Tallaght runners finished before the first jogger. Stick that up yer pipe you grass trackers :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Rave: Tallaght AC had 5 runners in Marlay Park Run yesterday and Brother Pearse (knocklyon joggers) had about 30. All 5 Tallaght runners finished before the first jogger. Stick that up yer pipe you grass trackers :pac:

Don't get them started, their clubs best 5k runner won the ladies novice today :) only joking (not),well done anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

menoscemo wrote: »

Sounds more like a rant to me :) I couldnt make it, but would have broken ye up for sure. so ye have a 3 year olds ballet class to thank for that triumph :)

• Advertisement

Sounds more like a rant to me :) I couldnt make it, but would have broken ye up for sure. so ye have a 3 year olds ballet class to thank for that triumph :)

How did you find the ballet class. Were you able to keep step with the kids? Is it something you are going to continue with? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

TRR wrote: »
    How did you find the ballet class. Were you able to keep step with the kids? Is it something you are going to continue with? ;)

Im adding power and grace to my marathon programme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

The boost of confidence you get after a good days study. Bring on the maths exam!

Stockpiling 3 pairs of fantastic, discontinued runners, enough to get me through about a year.. That's assuming Dick's Sporting Goods and my cousin in Texas come through for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Stockpiling 3 pairs of fantastic, discontinued runners, enough to get me through about a year.. That's assuming Dick's Sporting Goods and my cousin in Texas come through for me!

+1 - just found another pair of Green Silence last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

National novice xc - fast, fierce and fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Raw vegan chocolate powder in my morning smoothie with fresh pineapple amongst other delights. What a discovery!
    Lie on 'till 10, on top of all my commissions and planning what direction to head for to do my run today. North, South, East or West?
    The world is my oyster:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Sacksian wrote: »
    +1 - just found another pair of Green Silence last week!

where ??? DO they have sizes bigger than 4 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Franziskaner 4 for €5 in Lidl
    Bishops Finger and Spitfire 2 for €3.50

:D:):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Raves: Crunchy crisp grass underfoot on a frosty early-morning run. A new plan. Random doggy joining you for a couple of km. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Rave: said toddler smiling and saying "Happy day daddy"(in broken toddler hiberno-english) when you pull her out of bed in the morning on your birthday

Trumps my earlier rant by a billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Didnt go for a run this morning, because I was just annoyed with the world and myself and the Christmas shopping that I have not done ( I even committed the unpardonable sin of blaming the weather)
    Regretted this decision after an hours unsuccessful shopping.

Went for a run, and all is right with the world. The only regret is that I forgot this morning that running is always the answer to a bad mood.

Running 10 miles in a snowstorm and loving it.

My bank gave me back a large sum of money after realising they sold me a financial product incorrectly.. Class Christmas present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

When your legs feel good, your body feels good and your health is good and you can run everyday (and no I'm not drunk ;)) Actually, that's another rave. Training for a race just before Xmas. Everyone else is hungover everyday and I feel super:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Finishing work for Christmas today! Being back running regularly after lots of injuries and spring marathon training under way! All I need now is for Santa to bring me something nice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

The Comedy Cellar last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last day in work before flying home for 2 weeks tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Start of the holidays and getting the LSR done early and getting to run in daylight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A 15 hour work day, four hours of lousy sleep, and still getting out for a 10 mile run in horrific conditions, while everyone else is wearing xmas jumpers, stuffing their faces with beer and cheap mince pies, and getting bored watching Die Hard 3 on the tellybox.

Smug much? Abso-fricking-lutely I am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement