Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

iSHAG function is well known to be contrary! iMYSELF app is widely used by most disgruntled users!

iShag function only goes funny when you move from the iGirlfriend platform to the iWife platform, easiest way to sort out is re-install iGirlfriend and run iWife in parallel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Ososlo wrote: »
    Husband buys his son an iPAD, his daughter an iPOD, himself and iPHONE, and his wife an iRON.
    She wasn't impressed, even when he explained that it can be integrated with the iWASH, iCOOK and iCLEAN network. This triggered the iNAG service, which totally wiped out the iSHAG function.
    :D
    iSHAG function is well known to be contrary! iMYSELF app is widely used by most disgruntled users!
    Ron Gomall wrote: »
    iShag function only goes funny when you move from the iGirlfriend platform to the iWife platform, easiest way to sort out is re-install iGirlfriend and run iWife in parallel

Oh help, what have you started Ososlo?! The wits have woken :D
    Join the queue for iWittery.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Running past queues of people at bus stops and main line train stations on a tube strike morning.

/smug

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

For 'other' sports and sports coverage: Eurosport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Thomas Barr, not to often we win Gold, great performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

tang1 wrote: »
    Thomas Barr, not to often we win Gold, great performance.

Just came on to rave about that! Video here.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Just came on to rave about that! Video here.

John Travers is running in the 1500m final soon. Anyone got a working stream link?

Thanks Sacksian on the Athletics on TV thread - http://www.livefisu.tv/ register for free and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Getting told in the pub the other night that I was fat and there is no way that I could have run x time for a marathon by a Kilian Jornet lookalike. Nothing motivates me as much as bitterness and spite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Cavendish's sprint finish today is well worth raving about. Perfect timing. (I know wrong forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Munster final day...

CMON THE DEISE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Gavlor wrote: »
    Munster final day...

CMON THE DEISE!!

Best of luck today (from a Cork woman ;)). How do you rate ye're chances ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

kit3 wrote: »
    Best of luck today (from a Cork woman ;)). How do you rate ye're chances ?

Poor :)

Will I see you down there Gavlor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Poor :)

Will I see you down there Gavlor?

Agreed!

Yeah we're coming into holy cross now, tea and sandwiches at the ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Agreed!

Yeah we're coming into holy cross now, tea and sandwiches at the ready :)

Sure that's what the top of the boot of the car was made for :). On the train to Thurles now. Love Munster Final day. Bring it on. Hope it's a closely fought game. I wouldn't begrudge the Deise a Munster title, just not when Tipp are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Munster final day...

CMON THE DEISE!!

Don't you mean Wimbledon Final day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Don't you mean Wimbledon Final day?

I just puked a bit in my mouth.

Beef wrote: »
    I just puked a bit in my mouth.

That second set tiebreak is on a different stratosphere to anything seen in Thurles. ;)

That second set tiebreak is on a different stratosphere to anything seen in Thurles. ;)

Bit premature with that comment seeing as the Munster final has only ended now !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Still wasn't great though, hasn't been a really good game in the championship yet.

Bit premature with that comment seeing as the Munster final has only ended now !

Not really. More the assumption that 2 of the greatest players in history in a pretty global sport is always going to trump a match between the 2 best teams in one quarter of a tiny country.

• Advertisement

Not really. More the assumption that 2 of the greatest players in history in a pretty global sport is always going to trump a match between the 2 best teams in one quarter of a tiny country.

Matter of opinion given the vast difference between the two games - your assumption wouldn't always be right (in my opinion).

Matter of opinion given the vast difference between the two games - your assumption wouldn't always be right (in my opinion).

I like hurling, but it is what it is. A minority sport (relative to Gaelic Football and soccer in Ireland) played in one small country.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Have to say I don't like this attitude to hurling, its a great sport and we should celebrate it. You don't get Americans doing down the NFL because its only played in one country. A good sport is a good sport.

Also a lot more people play hurling than soccer in Ireland. A lot more people attend hurling matches than soccer matches so not sure I get that comparison at all unless you are talking about people watching sky sports in a bar.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Have to say I don't like this attitude to hurling, its a great sport and we should celebrate it. You don't get Americans doing down the NFL because its only played in one country. A good sport is a good sport.

Also a lot more people play hurling than soccer in Ireland. A lot more people attend hurling matches than soccer matches so not sure I get that comparison at all unless you are talking about people watching sky sports in a bar.

+1 - It might be a minority sport but, for me, a full on game of hurling between two skillful teams played with passion can't be beaten. Fully agree that this should be celebrated rather than dumbed down just because it isn't played elsewhere. I celebrate the skill passion & intensity with which a good game is played. I also love the pride of place & banter that inevitably arises

adrian522 wrote: »

1) NFL is played in a rather large country, and is watched all over the world. Not a fair comparison. AFL maybe a better comparison, and even then that's a stretch.

2) No way do more people play hurling in Ireland than soccer, that is completely false. Hurling is played in 10 counties to a reasonable level. Soccer is played everywhere. Did you just make up that stat, because not even the most hardcore hurling fan would believe that.

3) Hurling is a very enjoyable sport. I find I enjoy it more when I accept what it is and put the likes of Ger Loughnane and Davy Fitzgerald on mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Hurling is a great game but that the three games the weekend where ****e.

ger664 wrote: »
    Hurling is a great game but that the three games the weekend where ****e.

Agreed Ger (the result won't have helped either ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rave: Chivito still fighting the corner for Athletics and some other sports being so superior. When is Katie vs. Sonia going to get mentioned?:P

+1 - It might be a minority sport but, for me, a full on game of hurling between two skillful teams played with passion can't be beaten. Fully agree that this should be celebrated rather than dumbed down just because it isn't played elsewhere. I celebrate the skill passion & intensity with which a good game is played. I also love the pride of place & banter that inevitably arises

Yeh it's a great game to watch when it's good I agree. I like telling foreigners about it when I'm abroad, and showing them clips.

It would rank well below internationals sports for me personally though. I wouldn't miss an All Ireland, but I'd never watch it over a Wimbledon Final or the final day of the Open. I guess I'm not from a hurling stronghold though.

• Advertisement

Yeh it's a great game to watch when it's good I agree. I like telling foreigners about it when I'm abroad, and showing them clips.

It would rank well below internationals sports for me personally though. I wouldn't miss an All Ireland, but I'd never watch it over a Wimbledon Final or the final day of the Open. I guess I'm not from a hurling stronghold though.

Fair enough. As I said above, it's all a matter of opinion :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement