Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Point still stands though.

Was just taking the p1ss :) Any game that you have referees in (i.e. human judgement) you will get inconsistencies - that's human nature

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I wouldn't miss an All Ireland, but I'd never watch it over a Wimbledon Final or the final day of the Open.

Rave, and a bit of a rant:: Finally someone referring to the Open Championship correctly. Fed up reading the word British before the word Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I suppose you refer to herself as "The Queen" as well? :rolleyes:

Murph_D wrote: »
    I suppose you refer to herself as "The Queen" as well? :rolleyes:

There is no rant thread. Get with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The Phoenix Park tonight. And the sky. Breathtaking.
    Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

PBs that you weren't really expecting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

The club runner (didn't recognise the singlet) who saw me spill the water I was handed at the second water station at the Fingal 10k but picked up an extra drink and handed it to me in passing before he sped off towards Swords. Gent.

Passing my driver theory test at the grand old age of 31 - have been procrastinating about learning for way too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Rave: Lovely 9 mile trail run on an evening when I was really in two minds about going out.

Rant: Returning to my car with a broken window and the cops talking to two helpful passer buys who reported it being broken in to. Bloody phone and tool box (neither of too much value really) gone! Dont really expect to get either back but the witness stuff (they had a picture of his car) will hopefully be used in a case against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

gucci wrote: »
    Rave: Lovely 9 mile trail run on an evening when I was really in two minds about going out.

Rant: Returning to my car with a broken window and the cops talking to two helpful passer buys who reported it being broken in to. Bloody phone and tool box (neither of too much value really) gone! Dont really expect to get either back but the witness stuff (they had a picture of his car) will hopefully be used in a case against him.

Fockers, sorry to hear that. Nice passers by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

gucci wrote: »

Whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Whereabouts?
    Birmingham in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

The gang heading off to the U.S. for the Special Olympics, such pride between them and their families.
    A nice reminder in the times of pro choice propaganda that all life is precious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The gang heading off to the U.S. for the Special Olympics, such pride between them and their families.
    A nice reminder in the times of pro choice propaganda that all life is precious.

You turning this into an abortion thing or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

A can of ice cold lilt.

A can of ice cold Club Orange

Fixed. Requires a trek to a Tesco with a good Irish section here so it's a real treat to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Getting a high five of another random runner at 6 am run this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

6781 wrote: »
    Getting a high five of another random runner at 6 am run this morning.

I never even get a look of awknowledgment and you're getting high fives. I guess my running face isn't welcoming lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Just watched a re-run of the 4x400m mixed relay, world youth games. Great format. Wonderful battle for second spot with the Canadian (female) just failing to hold off the South African (male). Be great to see something similar at a senior level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I never even get a look of awknowledgment and you're getting high fives. I guess my running face isn't welcoming lol

People must be more friendly in West ;):)

I'd bet it was more the grim "we're all a bit mad" solidarity of the 6am runner! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

getting off a packed Dart and running to work, sitting at your desk at 9am with a nice run under your belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

I'd bet it was more the grim "we're all a bit mad" solidarity of the 6am runner! :pac:

That's it! I rarely get a hello when running in the evening, but at 6am everyone says hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got 5km done in 33:48.
    I've never done it faster than 35 and that was only once a while ago.
    Been stuck at 38 minutes and struggling the last few months.
    Feels like I've pushed through a barrier.
    10km training is looking better and better.
    :D

A can of ice cold lilt.

Okey doke. Time to get out of the DeLorean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Great old thread here if anyone's bored at work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

An unexpected podium(granted a few missing) good for the soul...:D

Went for a test sail on MY boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭An_Reathai

Kildare footballers - where did that display come from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement