Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TFI Friday - The Album... because reliving my teenage years while running has been fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Great customer service in cinema at the weekend, the young lad started to get scared but the amazing staff there spent a lot of time with him gently coaxing him back into the movie by giving him the usher's torch and showing him different screens- was a real feelgood moment watching them bring him around and see him happy going back in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Some of them kids films are horrendously scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

walshb wrote: »
    Some of them kids films are horrendously scary!

Kids films? I brought him to see Terminator* :D. now that I think of it perhaps not suitable for a 6 yr old :D:D:D

*Kidding

Kids films? I brought him to see Terminator* :D. now that I think of it perhaps not suitable for a 6 yr old :D:D:D

*Kidding

I wouldn't sweat it. I grew up as a kid watching video nasties!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I wouldn't sweat it. I grew up as a kid watching video nasties!

Yeah, and look how you turned out.

davedanon wrote: »
    Yeah, and look how you turned out.

Best days of my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Running in Sligo. I take it for granted at times, took a friend running across the Ox mountians when we got to the highest point over looking Sligo bay with the Donegal mountains in the background then Benbullben and Knocknarea. It looked amazing tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I notice Mark English has been reading the logs here, nice to see I'm motivating some people, especially with regards to coming back from injury.
    “In the light of all that has happened so far this summer I realise that it is important to live life to the full.
    “To see that glass half full rather than half empty. There is still half the summer left. There is still time to improve on my form and set my injury straight.
    “I will try to embrace the advice of the writer Samuel Beckett…..
    “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”

http://www.the42.ie/mark-english-2244609-Jul2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Simple pleasures -- I've done my run for today and am taking tomorrow off, so can have as many cups of tea as I like this afternoon without worrying about either drinking enough water or needing a bathroom stop on my evening run.

I'm off to have another cup of tea. And maybe a biscuit :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Baby smiling at you in the morning and you instantly forget that you got no sleep the night before. :D

After all, you can always grab a few minutes kip on the keyboard in work.

robinph wrote: »
    Baby smiling at you in the morning and you instantly forget that you got no sleep the night before. :D

Rave: Raving over a rave!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Rave: Raving over a rave!

woohoo gone by that phase in the past 8 weeks. Might even get a sleep in till 7am one morning aweek, 6:30.otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Rave - the power of nature - wild storm here yesterday - big wind, big seas & a high tide - crazy & exhilarating !

Silly dog jumped right in & was buzzing completely after it !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Setting a new 10km PB on Friday only 6 days after running a 36mile Ultra,
    PB was only 7 seconds better then one set back in 2014 but its still a PB and I know if I hadn't done the Ultra I'd likely have done much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

3rd Rock From The Sun.
    Randomly came across it on Netflix last night and boy has it aged well. Absolute genius.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Robbed from the run hub FB...sums up exactly how I feel bout running shoes...

11828807_757465894364254_4169797463383894451_n.jpg?oh=36998af7c2d71201c0d8a0ed90f32fcc&oe=5641AF46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

adrian522 wrote: »
    Robbed from the run hub FB...sums up exactly how I feel bout running shoes...

11828807_757465894364254_4169797463383894451_n.jpg?oh=36998af7c2d71201c0d8a0ed90f32fcc&oe=5641AF46

that's hilarious, I had copied that earlier to post on your log & got distracted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Successful sailing on a Summer evening. Finished dry too so massive rave for that. Faith restored that I'll be grand. Lovely Heineken to finish, bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

The beautiful game! Weekends just haven't being the same all Summer without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

The beautiful game! Weekends just haven't being the same all Summer without it.

AI Quarter finals of course! :)

50 days to Berlin marathon, fills me with excitement and terror in equal mesaure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

RAKRIBS :)
    Random Act of Kindness by a Random Internet Boardsie Stranger :D

I took delivery of a running goodie bag at the weekend containing; a foam roller, a stick roller, a tub of epsom salts, a banana holder and Gold: six running books including Sonia O'Sullivan's 'My Story' and Paula Radcliffe's a/b :cool:
    So I am straight into my 20+ years of 'athletics refresher course'. I have stayed up faaaaaar too late the last two nights reading all about Sonia but it is so worth it!

If you're reading this, thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Damn you walshie :mad: You could have issued a spoiler alert, i've only got to 1994 :D:D

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Damn you walshie :mad: You could have issued a spoiler alert, i've only got to 1994 :D:D

Skip 1996!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

the last 250 metres of that is poetry in motion!

the last 250 metres of that is poetry in motion!

Yes, Sonia had a beautiful motion when in form and in full flight and comfortable!

Two Irish boxers (Michael Conlan&Joe Ward) fighting for European Senior gold today in Sofia, Bulgaria. RTE2 @ 1630 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

First time using the Zombies,run app.
    Nice for a change and it'll motivate me to run more because I want to know what happens.
    Those "Next time on" clips are a good way to draw people back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement