Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Hon Galway :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great game, game of the year easily. Always nice to see Tipp losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Discovering a cafe loyalty card with 9 stamps (10th coffee free!) when down to your last few Euros :D Double shot, extra foam please!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Murray winning in Montreal, and getting a first win in the past 9 matches and two years vs. Nole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Tiernan McCann's unjust ban overturned proving that The Sunday Game panel don't in fact run the GAA :)

*Runs for cover*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

menoscemo wrote: »
    Tiernan McCann's unjust ban overturned proving that The Sunday Game panel don't in fact run the GAA :)

*Runs for cover*

You'd better hope that run is a sprint session & not a recover run :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I did 10km tonight for the first time ever!!
    I was building up to do 7km but was just so close I had to push on.
    Considering the longest I'd jogged without stopping before this was 6km.
    I feel so proud and sore but mainly proud.

Looks like I'll be able to give the great pink run a good solid effort next weekend.
    I'd aimed to do it sub 90 with a secret goal to do it sub 80 but managed 75 tonight so that my new goal time.

menoscemo wrote: »

*Runs for cover*

He didn't ruffle his hair. He pulled/grabbed at it. OTT ban from the GAA in the 1st place. Brolly was correct on it a few weeks back when he said the punishment did not fit the "crime."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

walshb wrote: »
    He didn't ruffle his hair. He pulled/grabbed at it. OTT ban from the GAA in the 1st place. Brolly was correct on it a few weeks back when he said the punishment did not fit the "crime."

Should have just made him get a no 1 all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Racing 10 miles. Love it. 3/3 on FD 10 mile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

The club that raises the profile of Irish running abroad....I salute you all..#anydiscounts #specialstatus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

ultraman1 wrote: »
    The club that raises the profile of Irish running abroad....I salute you all..#anydiscounts #specialstatus

Which of our long-standing, august, elite-athlete-producing clubs can this be? Clonliffe? Donore? Rathfarnham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

davedanon wrote: »
    Which of our long-standing, august, elite-athlete-producing clubs can this be? Clonliffe? Donore? Rathfarnham?
    Not long standing or august nor elite athlete producing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

First time ever meeting any A/R boardsies, running with them and being shown a new route near where I grew up which has even better views than my normal route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

ultraman1 wrote: »

"don't judge the many by the actions of the few"

"don't judge the many by the actions of the few"

Fair enough statement - can be applied to almost any area of life - no harm to be reminded of it from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Clearlier wrote: »
    First time ever meeting any A/R boardsies, running with them and being shown a new route near where I grew up which has even better views than my normal route.

Bit of a shamer being shown our local sights by the blow-in :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Bit of a shamer being shown our local sights by the blow-in :D:D
    Blow in? I'm not even from Wicklaw'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Ever just go for a run on your own and be still buzzing off it the next day? Great feeling looking forward to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I thought this was very funny, from Purple Clover this morning.

'This skinny girl just told me she "forgets" to eat? Is that possible? I just licked her face in case it's contagious.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Surprise PB's.....got a 5km PB at the Grant Thornton thing last night, having not really done any training for 5km. Amazing what a flat course and some passive aggressive competitiveness can do to you! Was expecting to amble around in 21 or so but ended up doing 19:20..Next step sub 19...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Don't know where else to post this so I'll pop it in here.

On a run last Wednesday I was winding my way through the old town of Luxembourg (where I live) and spotted this grumpy looking teen in a Mayo jersey. Standard dopey looking Mayo lad, ya know yourself, with Ma and Da bored out of his tree.

As I passed him I said 'Good luck against the Dubs at the weekend' and just trotted on. The confused look on the fella's face was priceless but I did hear the Ma having a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Itziger wrote: »

As I passed him I said 'Good luck against the Dubs at the weekend' and just trotted on. The confused look on the fella's face was priceless but I did hear the Ma having a chuckle.

rant: Anti-Dub sentiment ;)

rant: Anti-Dub sentiment ;)

Unusual to see that this week :rolleyes:

Rave: Hoping Dublin gets a fair referee at the weekend. Bad enough that the other 31 counties want you to lose......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Thankfully Joe McQuillan isn't playing for Mayo this Sat.

Jaysus, I never knew the Dubs were such sensitive souls. Sure if it had been one of the light and dark blue kids I'd'a said, "Good luck against Mayo at the weekend".

Relax people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Jaysus, I never knew the Dubs were such sensitive souls. Sure if it had been one of the light and dark blue kids I'd'a said, "Good luck against Mayo at the weekend".

Relax people.

How's your training going for New York?

Relax people.

Tensions are high this week ! I'd say that kid got some shock :)

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    How's your training going for New York?

I'll chuck up an answer to that in the New York Marathon thread. Wouldn't want to upset anyone before the replay here ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement